Page 7 of 12 ... 56789 ...
    04-15-2009, 09:29 PM #61
    Julie: turn to page 5 in this thread. You asked for my story and I gave it to you. LMaze

Addict
    04-15-2009, 09:30 PM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by LMaze View Post
    Trip: Will you be in AC anytime soon? I have connections every where.

I had to go to MIdland and Odessa Texas one summer, this was the hottest place I have ever, ever been to. I thought I was going to die. I've been to Vegas in the summer but nothing in the United States compares to Midland Texas for the heat.
    Tripp...If you do get a chance to get to AC make sure you keep me posted..I will meet you all there....LMaze we are neighbors I live in Colts Neck now 5 years now relocated from Las Vegas....

04-15-2009, 09:31 PM #63

Midland/Odessa

Looks like nobody likes Midland or Odessa. I live here or at least close by and I have to tell you I like the summer around here. O.K. it's hot, but that is the best part, the dry wind and sand is not so nice, I have to admit that. The winter by the way is cold, even 3 weeks ago we had 25 degrees. I did live in Florida before and all the humidity was killing me, all year long.
    As for the economy, Texas and NM are still doing great, even the home prices are climbing.

Guru
    04-15-2009, 09:31 PM #64
    for sure tony. sounds like i really gotta go now haha

Guru
    04-15-2009, 09:32 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Looks like nobody likes Midland or Odessa. I live here or at least close by and I have to tell you I like the summer around here. O.K. it's hot, but that is the best part, the dry wind and sand is not so nice, I have to admit that. The winter by the way is cold, even 3 weeks ago we had 25 degrees. I did live in Florida before and all the humidity was killing me, all year long.
    As for the economy, Texas and NM are still doing great, even the home prices are climbing.
    oh i forgot to mention the economy, sorry MISS INQUISITIVE JULIE :O

oh and i liked midland i didnt get to Odessa, it wasnt too big, traffic was easy to handle, downtown was awesome because it was so small and had nobody there, i worked at the att office downtown. Plus the people were typical of west texas extremly polite and welcoming even if i think they are nuts with their political and religious views :O all in all i loved midland, despised midland weather though, which i guess you xcould say i despise desert weather, although i lived in phoenix and it didnt seem half as bad haha. i think what did it for me was the wind.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 04-15-2009 at 09:36 PM.

04-15-2009, 09:33 PM #66
    Hey Sworn to: colts neck really. I live in the Vineyards by the Village School. Will be in AC Saturday night too.

How long have you been in Colts Neck?

04-15-2009, 09:36 PM #67
    Sorry Swornto I didn't read the last part of your post, just shocked that one of my neighbors is posting on the Sirius Buzz. Nice!

How did you get relocated from Vegas what made you decide on Colt's Neck.

I moved to Holmdel in 1993, most of my clients were buying out here and I followed them.

Guru
    04-15-2009, 09:38 PM #68
    I was honestly impressed with new jersey, i got to see alot of the smaller towns in new jersey they were quite nice and the exact opposite of what i would expect of new jersey, plus the gas was cheaper than in PA

04-15-2009, 09:53 PM #69
    Trip: Our gas is always cheaper. Swornto fun lives in the next town over from me in Colts Neck. When I moved to Holmdel back in the early nineties, Colts Neck had some serious horse farms. There was very little development and no over head lighting and many houses were built new with oil heat since there was underground gas. From midnight on the State Police answered all emergencies since there wasn't any colts Neck Police available to answer the calls. there has been some changes there years later now. I moved to Holmdel because it had its own schools, and it was a little more developed at the time and it has its own High School, which now is strange since my son Chris was home schooled during his high school years since he snowboards all winter on the Revolution and Ticket to Ride world snowboarding tours. Thats how I came to buy my house at Stratton because my son was part of the Stratton Mountain comp team.

04-15-2009, 09:56 PM #70
    Tripp, the wind is annoying, esp. when you are jogging or biking and don't forget the fires. As a matter of fact I live in Hobbs,NM , just across the border, same thing only a bit higher elevation.
    As a European democrat and not very religious person you can imagine I have my problems to understand some of the political and religious views, but I try and as you mentioned everybody is extremely polite and helpful.
    Yesterday I helped a lady on the parking lot at Walmart with her bags and in return I got a Watchtower and an invitation for next sunday at her church.

Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    oh i forgot to mention the economy, sorry MISS INQUISITIVE JULIE :O

oh and i liked midland i didnt get to Odessa, it wasnt too big, traffic was easy to handle, downtown was awesome because it was so small and had nobody there, i worked at the att office downtown. Plus the people were typical of west texas extremly polite and welcoming even if i think they are nuts with their political and religious views :O all in all i loved midland, despised midland weather though, which i guess you xcould say i despise desert weather, although i lived in phoenix and it didnt seem half as bad haha. i think what did it for me was the wind.

Page 7 of 12 ... 56789 ...