Page 30 of 30 ... 20282930
    Mentor
    04-12-2009, 10:20 PM #291
    Cos1000

LOL So this is what this thread has come too...Kiss Kiss...To f'...in funny!!

Julietoo

Until you have been posting here for awhile, they will cont to bust you everynow and then. Don't worry about. Just keep posting...They will come around. As for Newman, he's been a long time investor/subscriber in SiriusXM. He will not start a rumor but may ask about something that was mentioned as a rumor. In dealing with MacWorld, there is always rumors flying around, especially about the Iphone! Most rumors will not be allowed to thrive here without something substantive to back it up! Hope you had a great Easter.

Guru
    04-12-2009, 10:40 PM #292
    funny shit, its dated today btw

http://www.investment-articles.com/x...ck-to-buy.html

XM Satellite Radio vs. Sirius Satellite: Which Stock to Buy?

Continuing with the rivalry that every oligopoly sector provides, I will try and tackle the radio industry this update. However, while my other contests have been focused on the technical and fundamentals of each company, this update will be a little different as finding a winner will not be so rudimentary.

Looking at the radio giants of XM Satellite Radio (XMSR) and Sirius Satellite (SIRI), the positives and negatives are not as transparent as originally desired. Speaking in terms of fundamentals, it does seem like XM has the slight advantage. The company has the potential, according to Yahoo Finance, to grow over 25% over the next five years and grow almost 14% this year. Compared to Siriuss potential growth of negative 28% this year and a growth only limited to 20% there might be an advantage to buy XM in the long run. However, what is interesting to note is that out of the last nine actions committed by financial institutions, XM has been downgraded six times, while during the last eight actions of Sirius, the company has been upgraded six times. Such statistics post a conundrum for investors with fundamentals spread all over. In terms of actual data, both companies have posted numbers surprising investors in a negative way. Three out the last four earning results, XM has failed to even meet earnings expectations illustrating a possible slowdown in terms of margins. Sirius did only slightly better only failing to meet expectations two out the last four reports. Margins for both in terms of revenue are both similar and adequate, but profit has been negative for over three years severely underlined by poor cash flow from operating margins and other areas. Therefore, the numbers for both companies may not be completely reflected over the power each contains in its industry, but do not provide any relief for investors looking to get into to one of these stocks.

In terms of technical analysis, both again seem to provide a conundrum in terms of a better buying opportunity. Since 2003 Sirius has grown about 100% in terms of potential capital gains. However, such a statistic is flawed as the reflection of increased fluctuations during the period makes this stock too volatile to properly invest in. There is also an important notation that the stock also decreased 50% in value during one year in 2002 illustrating the difficult nature of buying this stock at the right time. Sirius currently also looks like it has reached its maximum level at about 12.00 and does not provide much upside. Like Sirius, XM had its own increase of nearly 900% during the run from 2003 to 2005. However, since then the stock has been on the decline falling nearly 50% worrying investors if the stock will ever rise again.

Nevertheless, while some investors may argue that this is the perfect time to invest in an oversold equity, when looking at the potential recession in sight and the idea that such radio brands produce luxury items, there is little assurance that the stocks will rise to its glory days. Personally, I think the radio industry is a dying one with little potential to grow in the next five to ten years. Such a sentiment along with the technical and fundamental facts have allowed me to stay clear of both equities as I do not see any encouragement from any of the factors which makes me want to buy either Sirius or XM Radio.

Dennis Biray presents advice on all kinds of topics ranging from finance and investing to fitness to sports. For more information email him at dbiray@gmail.com, or to view other articles written by him visit http://www.biraynetworks.co.nr

Guru
    04-13-2009, 12:31 AM #293
    http://www.radsatdaily.com/profiles/...ss-in-chrysler

Went to the New York International car show this weekend at the Jacob Javits Center in NYC. The show was pretty good, their seemed to be less people than previous years but one particular feature that was at the show I'd like to discuss is the new WIFI service in Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep automobiles. Basically the service will allow for WIFI access during your entire drive in a Chrysler automobile. The service is called uConnect Web and costs $29.99 monthly and basically utilizes cell phone 3G signal to provide WIFI through out the car......

04-13-2009, 12:45 AM #294
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    http://www.radsatdaily.com/profiles/...ss-in-chrysler

Went to the New York International car show this weekend at the Jacob Javits Center in NYC. The show was pretty good, their seemed to be less people than previous years but one particular feature that was at the show I'd like to discuss is the new WIFI service in Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep automobiles. Basically the service will allow for WIFI access during your entire drive in a Chrysler automobile. The service is called uConnect Web and costs $29.99 monthly and basically utilizes cell phone 3G signal to provide WIFI through out the car......
    The 3G spectrum you speak of is more valuable than oil or gold... as data literacy, exciting devices and bandwidth hungry apps continues to grow, 3G network capacity will not be able to keep pace. Even devices that flip between wifi and 3g will still bog down the network with continued authentication and channel requests between the SGSN/GGSN (validating the HLR/VLR profile for given APNs).

04-13-2009, 12:50 AM #295
    did i miss something wheres brandon? i miss his articles? its been over a week and zero articles to read... im tired of seen sterns face on the home page with same old article

Mentor
    04-13-2009, 01:07 AM #296
    Whats up Dog!

Boy thats cheesy.LOL

Brandon and Charles had a very heated/public pissing match earlier this week. Look back at the daily threads. Sounded like 2 school girls scratching and clawing each other...oh and hair pulling too!

Brandon may not write anymore articles for SiriusBuzz. He did however, get an article posted by Seeking Alpha today. I think he will still be writing for satwaves.com. His articles will be sorely missed on SiriusBuzz. I hope he keeps posting his TA so that this unsophisticated investor can cont to learn!!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Page 30 of 30 ... 20282930