Page 29 of 30 ... 1927282930
    04-12-2009, 01:29 AM #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheree View Post
    Dog Star, I just about posted the same link. Just watched the video myself. Much longer then I had expected and now I'm up too late!

Anyway, cool video either way, but wasn't very telling really as far as Sirius goes. I just don't think we will know what's going on until it's going on.

Thanks for the post about the 3.0 upgrade.

I'm going to go to bed now and visualize SXM working directly with Apple. Ya, that would be cool! (Law of Attraction and all) Night All....
    sorry its late didnt know it was already posted. im still realitively new and not as educated on sirius stock as a lot of guys on here. but i know alot when it comes to iphone and apple. i own everything apple has. so i thought i would inform everyone on what was going on with the iphone and the new upgrades

Banned
    04-12-2009, 01:31 AM #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I have heard a number of rumors in other places about the 3rd gen iPhone that is supposedly going to be announced at MacWorld or what ever it is called.

The rumor mill states the following upgrades:
    50-75% better battery life.
    Ability to send pictures via SMS/Text message (as opposed to through email as is currently the only way possible)
    And ability to have sterio music via bluetooth (currently available only through a hack or non-compatible equipment)

Anyone else heard anything?
    Sounds like the speculators doing what they do. If there is ANY new iPhone, it will be a color iPhone 3G. There will be no 3rd generation iPhone. No eason for one. Maybe introduce one with a larger HD. Subscription capability, copy/paste, SMS, stereo music are all part of Apple iPhone OS 3.0. These capabilities were disclosed during their presentation last month.

Banned
    04-12-2009, 01:40 AM #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheree View Post
    Dog Star, I just about posted the same link. Just watched the video myself. Much longer then I had expected and now I'm up too late!

Anyway, cool video either way, but wasn't very telling really as far as Sirius goes. I just don't think we will know what's going on until it's going on.

Thanks for the post about the 3.0 upgrade.

I'm going to go to bed now and visualize SXM working directly with Apple. Ya, that would be cool! (Law of Attraction and all) Night All....
    How this works with Apple:
    iPhone 3.0 will add the capability of signing up for subscription services through the application. Picture this: Free trial put out for iPhone. After 1 week, application requires subscription to continue. User can sign up for a month of service without any future obligation. After one month, service turns off and the user needs to resign up. User also provided with opportunity to buy longer subscription through service. Apple gets a kickback for the subscription payments through the Apple Store.

Guru
    04-12-2009, 02:17 AM #284

Hey Hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Lol sorry for the last post I was just bored and confused as to why people would still try to short this stock!!!???
    To make money...

Don't forget not all is what it appears. Lots of SIRI owners are selling out and re-buying. It is not all shorting in a direct sense. To some people here a penny or two is huge money, they re-buy and ride it back up and sell again....Once the people here sell their stock then the shorters jump in and drive the stock back down. To what percentage? I don't have a clue or the interest to analyze or get into it that far.

Clue: Where did all of the complainers and daily followers here go recently? They were on 24/7 for quite a while and now they aren't here. Hmmmmm....
    Could they be stripping away from their core and re-investing??

Anyway, have a great Easter and remember what this great country is based on...

Nite,

Bill

Mentor
    04-12-2009, 03:21 AM #285
    Very interesting video indeed...

**starts writing an article... ***

Enthusiast
    04-12-2009, 07:28 AM #286
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    ..... I too would like a link to such a claim so I can go there, read it myself, comment to that other poster if I wish, and come back here with a more informed opinion.... Finding the Facts are what most of us here are about. The fact that relmor assumed Yahoo's board means little relevent to the point he was trying to make.... Again welcome to the board and sometimes it gets a little rough as I am sure you know from following here....
    Cos, I'm guessing this is the basis for the "rumor". It's from that "streetinsider" fella on yahoo. http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Bu...89&mid=4191553

No need to click on it. Here is what he said.

"Title: DON'T GET CAUGHT SHORT THIS WEEKEND

Could there be some big news this holiday weekend?....

Things that make you go hmmmm.... "

I'm guessing he was just f'in with the shorts.

Course... julietoo could be referring to something else, in which case I'd be interested in the link as well.

Sitting in the lounge in Taipei waiting on a flight to Bangkok. They have already declared a state of emergency in Bangkok, but flights still look like they are going...

Enthusiast
    04-12-2009, 09:55 AM #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I have heard a number of rumors in other places about the 3rd gen iPhone that is supposedly going to be announced at MacWorld or what ever it is called.

The rumor mill states the following upgrades:
    50-75% better battery life.
    Ability to send pictures via SMS/Text message (as opposed to through email as is currently the only way possible)
    And ability to have sterio music via bluetooth (currently available only through a hack or non-compatible equipment)

Anyone else heard anything?
    I heard there may be a pullout keyboard for the new iphone. Anyone else heard this? I would consider buying one if they added it.

04-12-2009, 10:40 AM #288
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    Cos, I'm guessing this is the basis for the "rumor". It's from that "streetinsider" fella on yahoo. http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Bu...89&mid=4191553

Sitting in the lounge in Taipei waiting on a flight to Bangkok. They have already declared a state of emergency in Bangkok, but flights still look like they are going...
    Thanks for the link... Safe travels....... and good luck....

Enthusiast
    04-12-2009, 07:44 PM #289
    cos1000, hi from the other side of the pond .I did it, the internet connection works just fine, no problem at all.

Btw, things over here are much worse than in the US, really frightening.
    Time to get out of the European stock market and the Euro.
    You'll have a great week and hopefully Sirius too.

Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Have a great trip with you and yours.... Do us a favor and try to log on to the Sirius Web Site and get the Internet Connection if you have it.... Let us know how that worked out... or not...

04-12-2009, 10:07 PM #290
    Quote Originally Posted by choirgirl View Post
    cos1000, hi from the other side of the pond .I did it, the internet connection works just fine, no problem at all.

Btw, things over here are much worse than in the US, really frightening.
    Time to get out of the European stock market and the Euro.
    You'll have a great week and hopefully Sirius too.

Thanks for the confirmation that Sirius Xm Radio is a Woldwide connectivity..... Have a great stay and build those ever so special bonds with Family and Freinds.... Kiss Kiss.... talk to you on your safe return....