Page 13 of 30 ... 3111213141523 ...
    04-09-2009, 01:50 PM #121
    Chart for today attached. Check out the spike in volume accompanied by the spike in stock price.

Also, check out the 1 month chart, daily. You can see, at least it looks like, we have started the next 'wave'.

Anyone seeing anything else?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    04-09-2009, 02:06 PM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Brandon has NEVER BEEN CENSORED BY ME. I have NEVER pulled an article no matter how much I disagreed with it. This article, like the rest, would have been posted after a little cleanup. I am glad Brandon has you whipped into a lather but, this fight that is being fought has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
    I have to somewhat side with SB here. I just read the article. While I agree with some of the contents, it reads more like a blog argument than a story. It did not feel like the work I have read in the past from BM. It almost fealt more like an argument against pro-internet blog posts.

Look. Internet is not going to replace Sirius. Sirius's strength is content. I have both an iPhone and a Stiletto. I cannot listen to Sirius in my workplace, even over the internet. Rather than listen to my Stiletto, I use my iPhone to listen to Sirius. I was terribly excited when I got the StarPlayr beta. I now use PocketTunes until Sirius's official application comes out. I have Pandora and Slacker. I find them lacking and somewhat inconsistant with the results it delivers.

Internet radio in your car? Doesn't excite me. I don't want commercials. I don't want to have to program a new channel when I run out of skips. I do not want to be able to channel surf through 2000 terrestrial channels. Sounds more like a nightmare to me. Internet connections to your car will be another delivery mechanism for the vehicle. It will not be free.

Where this article SHOULD have gone was the lack of content on the internet feed. There are channels I can only listen to in my car. Why? Internet offerings should be equal to or exceed that of the satellite feed. If you give others the ability to program internet feeds over Sirius, it could augment revenue.

04-09-2009, 02:07 PM #123

LCAPA and SIRI

Does anyone have any theories on how these two stocks are going to track each other?

I originally thought that SIRI would lead LCAPA. Now I wonder if it might be the other way around at times, or maybe one will hold the other back, or maybe they must both move together. Maybe somewhere down the line, if it looks like SIRI is running into debt problems again, LCAPA will go up, and SIRI will go down. I'm so confused!

Hey John, when are those debt payments due again??? ;-)

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 02:14 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Gambler View Post
    In the mean time others are putting software out there for other content which does not compare but people are getting it and half of those will not even consider another app, JMHO
    Gentlemen,your acting like a bunch of Congressmen who just fought an 8 year battle to balance the Budget,Which SiriusXM is fianlly about to do this year,And now you want to overspend LIKE DRUNKEN SAILORS on an advertising budget before they know what they want to advertise for...
    Relax,know it's been frustrating for the longtimers here,but as i said on March 10th SiriusXM is no longer a speculative experiment,but a viable company.So as far as I'm concerned they were just invented as a company..PATIENCE

JMHO
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 04-09-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Addict
    04-09-2009, 02:21 PM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Wilson View Post
    Does anyone have any theories on how these two stocks are going to track each other?

I originally thought that SIRI would lead LCAPA. Now I wonder if it might be the other way around at times, or maybe one will hold the other back, or maybe they must both move together. Maybe somewhere down the line, if it looks like SIRI is running into debt problems again, LCAPA will go up, and SIRI will go down. I'm so confused!

Hey John, when are those debt payments due again??? ;-)
    It would seem that if SIRI were to nosedive due to biz problems (declining subs, revenue, inability to pay debt....ya know...the nightmare), LCAPA would take a hit because SIRI is a part of their portfolio and strategy. And, is SIRI had debt problems and had to borrow from LCAPA, at that point, I think LCAPA would take a hit if they were to appear to be throwing good $ after bad. Probably only one bite at the apple for SIRI with these guys.

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 02:22 PM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I think SIRI finds support on the middle Bollinger Band.........it's the green dotted line on this chart.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SIR...d=p89775725136
    Looks like that dotted green line showed support like I was thinking...

Breaking out of the table brought .36 back in play, where it has been having back alley brawls of late.....

SIRI Pivot Table for Today - Thursday
    R2 - R1 - Pivot - S1 - S2
    0.34 0.33 0.33 0.32 0.32
    I have been saying for awhile now that the next leg up brings SIRI to it's 200 DMA....

I'm looking for a .36 close at this point, but might revise that up based on the action I see. I like the increasing volume on the buy side after the low volume selling and lack of buying we have been seeing the last couple days.....
    Last edited by Demian; 04-09-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Addict
    04-09-2009, 02:23 PM #127
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Gentlemen,your acting like a bunch of Congressmen who just fought an 8 year battle to balance the Budget,Which SiriusXM is fianlly about to do this year,And now you want to overspend LIKE DRUNKEN SAILORS on an advertising budget before they know what they want to advertise for...
    Relax,know it's been frustrating for the longtimers here,but as i said on March 2nd SiriusXM is no longer a speculative experiment,but a viable company.So as far as I'm concerned they were just invented as a company..PATIENCE

JMHO
    Yup...what I said earlier....they consolidating and setting new strategy..then they launch marketing campaign.

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 02:30 PM #128
    That little run up was some people who wanted in at this range with market orders,which is a good thing,start of the new money hopefully..
    Not enough buyers on level2 at this point to get to .36 ,but they could show up at anytime today..

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    04-09-2009, 02:33 PM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Relax,know it's been frustrating for the longtimers here,but as i said on March 2nd SiriusXM is no longer a speculative experiment,but a viable company.So as far as I'm concerned they were just invented as a company..PATIENCE

JMHO
    Oh alright, I will take a deep breath, enjoy the view and keep one I on the surf and the other on the laptop.......

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 02:34 PM #130
    I wasnt looking. My chart says it gapped up from .34 to .35. Is that true? Was it one trade? Very very interesting.
    Looking at level 2, looks like retailers are bailing at .35 -.36. As I was saying. They found greatful sellers here. Dumb people(medium and long term). I have no confidence they would rebuy in time for the next leg up. They will get caught sitting on their hands. Perfect example of how the game is played. No sellers at .35 a few days ago, threaten support levels, and they come out of the wood works. These investor types are killing us.(On low volume days at least). Retailers have some balls, geez. Where did you buy these shares? .33 cents? 2 cent profit? Ok, I guess. Take it then, and get out of the way. (Ive done it before, so I cant say I blame them entirely, but they really need to understand whats going on here. This might be the wrong leg to be selling on the way up. People had plenty of time to play these ranges, not sure they have much time left. Seems risky to accept .35 cents to me.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 04-09-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Page 13 of 30 ... 3111213141523 ...