Page 3 of 30 1234513 ...
    Mentor
    04-09-2009, 07:42 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post

SIRI will regain momentum once Q1 CC is announced. Anticipation has always been positive for the SP when BK is not in the forefront. Combine the CC Q1 report with some progress in ARPU, iPhone App, and better than expected Revenue / Subs and volume will return and the next leg up will return.... In the meantime, strengthen your position if you feel the need. Invest in something else while you wait, but wait we will until Volume picks up......
    Good post cos1000,think you hit the nail on the head with this pattern now..
    hope we get 1Q cc sooner rather than later,hopefully by end of April.

04-09-2009, 07:56 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Good post cos1000,think you hit the nail on the head with this pattern now..
    hope we get 1Q cc sooner rather than later,hopefully by end of April.
    I think back in the days when they competed with each other the end of the month, say 28th and on, was always the game of who could best the other in reporting strategy. Since the merger they have taken every day given under the SEC reporting rules which I believe is 40 days from EOQ. That allows more time for positive event reporting on developments, while pushing through what should be some ugly numbers. That means we might not get a CC until May 9 or 10. Hard to tell with an Annual Meeting coming up... I am not sure of the exact day but believe its on the Friday, going into Memorial Day w/e. They have to release their shareholder Proxy Statement for this also. They might coordinate the CC with this release also...

All of these unknowns, combined with low volume, have the SP in limbo... IMHO there is not enough volume for any meaningful manipulation other than the small lot acquisition of shares we're seeing which will eventually contribute to a nice leg up on any kind of good news.

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    04-09-2009, 08:16 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Guys, I know this is offtopic and I appologize, but I am a moderator and I will give myself a strike, I promise. I just started a Twitter account. My username is dstNewman. I am a total newb to this, so either in another thread or over private message, tell me how to use the thing.

And EVERYONE needs to follow me!
    Hi Newman, I am now on twitter, do not know anything about it but I am
    Beach_Gambler

Enthusiast
    04-09-2009, 08:16 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    We're just in a doldrum. The MM's are using the "bore retailers to death" tactic to shake people's confidence.

I'm going to possibly shift out of the forum for a while while I watch what happens with Brandon/Charles and this site. I will fade into the shadows until I see either a truce has been formed and the team is back together - or I will form my own site to complement satwaves and provide comment there.

Don't let the craziness fool you - no matter what happens with the SP - it is just temporary. Call me whatever you want - I believe in this company.

We'll come back up - I'm thinking most of this BS is just anxiety waiting for Q1 anouncement then Iphone App and marketing to improve.
    YODA DON'T GO!!!

Rick - we need your insight and frankly - your humor here!! We all have to put on our caps to start figuring out a stratagy to beat the SOB's at their own game! I mean - why should the MM's have all of the fun!!!!

We all go through crap and then it goes away ... to crapland I guess?? Brandon and Charles are both great guys and their input here is so very valuable! They have more folks following their site than they realize. Newbie's like me - appreciate all they do!

Now - to be more "on topic" I have an order in for a buy at .28 - should I lower it to .25 to try and catch a dip that I hope never happens???? IYHO

Again - appreciate all here!!

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    04-09-2009, 08:17 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    One last note:

Thanks to killerkaul and cos for their friendship and helping lead the charge... and to BG for the lighter view that kept us sane.....keep up the fight and may the blue dog bite the NAB in the ass until they slowly crawl into a trench and bleed out....
    Your welcome Rick, be good!

04-09-2009, 08:22 AM #26
    I just received this email. It's not showing up on sirius's website though. Seems odd..
    http://investor.sirius.com/secfiling...93125-09-75724

Addict
    04-09-2009, 08:26 AM #27

wireless

An article in biz week:
    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...d=rss_aol_news

doesn't mention S-XM as current provider of in car TV, nor the potential synergy in this area with DTV via the Liberty deal. That's too bad, because I think that's a real potential winner for SIRI.

Everytime I hear about wifi in cars it makes me nuts. I've said it before here, who's building the wifi infrastructure for this? Do the internet radio companies think they're gonna get a free ride on this future wifi network to beam to cars? the current wifi infrastructure cannot adequately deliver content to moving vehicles. and WiMAX isn't here yet. Again, no free ride on that one either. So......I say PLEASE! to all these guys touting wifi service to cars. Oh, and broadband via cell phone is available...but also isn't free!

04-09-2009, 08:29 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    YODA DON'T GO!!!

Rick - we need your insight and frankly - your humor here!! We all have to put on our caps to start figuring out a stratagy to beat the SOB's at their own game! I mean - why should the MM's have all of the fun!!!!

We all go through crap and then it goes away ... to crapland I guess?? Brandon and Charles are both great guys and their input here is so very valuable! They have more folks following their site than they realize. Newbie's like me - appreciate all they do!

Now - to be more "on topic" I have an order in for a buy at .28 - should I lower it to .25 to try and catch a dip that I hope never happens???? IYHO

Again - appreciate all here!!
    I also hope P. Rick reconsiders his decision to not post..... As a supporter of your efforts, the time to leave is not now... Reconsider and let others do the same regarding their participation here... Everything doesn't go smooth all the time, and people will come and go who we value... Let that be their decision and don't leave because of their decision. Leave because you feel it is best for you.... and you must know that I can't believe that it is based on what I have read...

Anyways, RickF, I always place an order a little under the low side of a channel.... but, to place one much below that makes me nervous because I don't know what would cause it to go lower than my expectations.... usually bad news, in which case I would reconsider my buy in base on the news....JMO for what its worth

04-09-2009, 08:33 AM #29
    Can someone fill me in on what is going on between Charles and Brandon? I have not been around lots lately and apparently something transpired that I am unaware of. For Para to be contemplating leaving it must be relatively important and so I would like to be notified of what went down.

04-09-2009, 08:34 AM #30
    asm, it's all at the end of the day in yesterdays thread.

Page 3 of 30 1234513 ...