Page 1 of 2 12
    04-08-2009, 01:38 PM #1

Thumbs down Radio was stolen, Sirius just skrewed me

I just had the WORST experience with Sirius. I am a long term Sirius user. 3 subscriptions, 2 are +3 years old and 1 is +1 year old. Recently, a radio was stolen from our car. When I called, I was told I could put the sub on hold AND get a new radio from for $10 when I decide. Period. No new activation fee, no radio swap fee.. simple. I even asked the rep to note that in the notes. But at the time, we could not make the decision as we were on the way out of town, literally. In the meantime, Sirius sends me 2-3 times a week emails offering +2 months if I activate a new radio & no fees to reactivate. Now, I call to get that $10 radio, to replace the stolen one, and activate it on my on hold sub and I am told not only can I NOT get the +2 months bonus offer (fine) but I MUST PAY a $15 radio swap fee and I CANNOT get the $10 radio I was first offered as that requires at least a 3 month subscription despite me having an open sub of +9 months available. Now, not only does this contradict their emails, it contradicts their original customer support persons offer and claim to me, but I already have an account on hold that has a not used subscription tied to it. But, now I see clearly. They are going to take advantage of my misfortune, since the radio was stolen, and make some sort of money off me for my loss. Period. That is their goal. They will not honor the claims they made to me, they will not give me a break since the radio was stolen and not charge me the $15 radio swap fee nor give me the radio at $10 like they said you would. On top of that, the night before I waited on hold for 1 hour and got disconnected because their hours of operation ended - while I was on hold! No mention of hours in the dreadful recording, no mention of how long my wait time is like most modern hold phone services can do. So, here I am, trying to get a radio to replace my stolen one, conduct business with them, allow them to make future money off me, and they make it painfully hard on me. So, let me clue them in on the big picture. Their lack of desire to wave all the fees associated with activating a new radio to replace my STOLEN one (about $15), their lack of desire to give me the $10 radio at the $10 price and not force me to add a renew period on top of that since I already have one on hold for a radio, is going to cost them much more than what they could have saved by just helping me out and making it easy on me. In 2010 I have a year renew coming up... I will not renew. That means, they will loose 3 radio subs.. and 3 radio subs I have had for years and might have kept for years more. So, their desire now to not be flexible in their policy, to charge me petty fees now, will cost them so much more revenue in the future = hundreds if not thousands of dollars of years worth of possible renew sub fees on 3 radios. You know, I do not NEED a radio I pay for. It is a luxury, not a necessity, and even more so in these economic times. You would think they would work to keep me, but instead they push me away with petty fees, misinformantion, changing stories, inflexible requirements, and hoop jumping. Talk about not looking ahead or at the big picture.

04-08-2009, 01:59 PM #2

Acorns not to grow by.

This sounds like something Acorn would do just to get you to commit on your first call so commissions would be paid. Subsequent calls were taken by a conservative salesperson and they gave you the “Facts” If you don’t get it in writing then it just isn’t so. BUT I am sorry to hear of your troubled experiences with Sirius XM as that kind of stuff shouldn’t be.

Banned
    04-08-2009, 02:36 PM #3
    A: Sirius didn't leave your radio in a place where it could be stolen

B: Sirius did not steal your radio

C: The email you received was a reactivation offer of 2 months free.

D: You say all this happened recently and that you were out of town, then go on to tout the fact that you receive 2-3 emails a week, indicating that this had happened, if at all, much longer ago than you are admitting to.

E: If you want a radio, go buy one. Sirius is in the radio business, not the hardware business. Perhaps the NAB will offer you a free am/fm radio to replace the one you lost. I don't think so. Expecting Sirius to pay for your misfortune is misguided.

F: Every day, new people like you come to this discussion forum with made up nonsense and disappear. No one believes you.

Enthusiast
    04-08-2009, 02:47 PM #4
    I know this may rub more salt into your wounds, but, as far as having your Sirius-radio stolen, did you know that whoever stole it and sold it to who-ever
    they are enjoying it somewhere else, and they may have got it activated with a new plan, (even-tho it may have been reported stolen), (I found that out form some one I know, but won't put his info up) I know that the CSRs do SUCK, and they aren't much help, they read a ready-made script, and if anything is outta the scope of what they can do, you won't get very far...............sad to say, but this is the way it is..... and here's another thing.....most Auto Ins companies won't even insure audio-system anymore, you have to go thur your home-owners ins if you want to get any type of reimbursement for your loss.......
    Last edited by denb45; 04-08-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Guru
    04-08-2009, 03:29 PM #5
    Wow, that was a drag.

I had a Stilleto go bad. Called them up, cancelled, got a refund on the annual sub and signed up for internet. It wasn't an unpleasurable experience at all.

Maybe you just got unlucky.

04-08-2009, 04:58 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    they read a ready-made script
    The ONLY thing that the CSR LCRs have that is scripted is the Credit Card/Debit Card statements,

...account will auto renew till you call to close... read terms and conditions.... if yearly or long $75 cancel fee in first year.... confirm authorization to charge yor card....

Now, I call to get that $10 radio, to replace the stolen one, and activate it on my on hold sub and I am told not only can I NOT get the +2 months bonus offer
    If the radio was stolen the person from "saves" should have mentioned this in their notes as to the reason that it was closed.

If the radio would have been placed on inactive service you would not have gotten the emails about renewing for the 2 free months the radio would still be on account just no service going to it and not being charge for the time with out it, when the replacement was received then would have swapped to the plan you have and waived the swap fee as was stolen.

However you did not accept any of those conditions so your radio was closed and you started getting emails to reactivate your old radio with 2 months free. Being that you are buying and setting up new radio you would 1) have to pay activation fee for new radio, 2) have to choose new plan for that radio.

Yes the Stratus 5 radio is available for $9.99 with a 3 month or longer subscription for existing customers. The sub you closed was refunded to your accountand possibly even pushed back to the CC on file. So order the radio and have it set up on your account and it will use the credit that was given for the remainder of the sub that was canceled if it was not sent back to CC.

Banned
    04-08-2009, 05:37 PM #7
    I'm pissed as hell. Someone stole my Ford Explorer and Ford told me they won't give new a new one for 100.00 and give me free gas for a year, after all it had a full tank when it was stolen!

That's it! I'm selling my two other fords and I'm going to start driving yugo's!
    Last edited by Brandon Matthews; 04-08-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Enthusiast
    04-08-2009, 06:41 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I'm pissed as hell. Someone stole my Ford Explorer and Ford told me they won't give new a new one for 100.00 and give me free gas for a year, after all it had a full tank when it was stolen!

That's it! I'm selling my two other fords and I'm going to start driving yugo's!
    ROFLOL............now Brandon, that was too funny......I can't stop laughing
    almost pissed my pants ..............but yes, I do see your point tho......

Head Honcho
    04-08-2009, 08:39 PM #9
    That was the first thing I thought when I read his post. I wish I got here sooner to say the same damn thing. This guy is going to post that same giant paragraph of a rant all over the net and never come back to look at what people have written back. Dude... YOU lost your radio.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    04-08-2009, 10:52 PM #10
    I deactivated my 3rd Sirius sub and added a 2nd XM sub instead and got charged and activation fee. It did not count as a swap because they are still acting as independant entitiies in cust service. I'm not too happy, but hopefully my $25 goes to the cash flow positive quarter.

I also lost my XM internet radio, but still have my Sirius Internet because I had paid for the high quality feed about 2 years ago to support Sirius.

They are doing the right things to get to profitability, but not the most consumer friendly yet. i don't blame them to rush to get rid of fees when they need the dough right now.

Nobody in their right mind would cancel 3 subs for the reasons the poster mentioned. He is as dumb as those O & A fans that smashed their radios a few years ago when they were suspended for a month by XM.

Page 1 of 2 12