Page 20 of 26 ... 101819202122 ...
    Banned
    04-08-2009, 08:38 PM #191
    Continued growth in satellite radio underpins XM Canada's solid second quarter performance

TORONTO, Apr 8, 2009 (Canada NewsWire via COMTEX)

40 per cent growth in self-paying subscribers 39 per cent growth in total revenue
    Third consecutive quarter of Pre-Marketing Adjusted Operating Profit
    Canadian Satellite Radio Holdings Inc., parent company of XM Canada, today announced its financial results for the second fiscal 2009 quarter ended February 28, 2009.

Second Quarter 2009 Financial Highlights

Three months ended February 28, 2009 versus three months ended February 29, 2008

- 39 per cent increase in total revenue
    - 40 per cent growth in self-paying subscribers (from 251,400 in 2008 to 351,200 in 2009)

- Improved Pre-Marketing Adjusted Operating Profit to $0.3 million from loss of ($1.6 million)

- Improved net loss (before gain/loss) by $2.0 million or 10 per cent

"Our results are encouraging considering these challenging economic times," said Michael Moskowitz, President and Chief Executive Officer of XM Canada. "Satellite radio offers a high level of entertainment at a very attractive price and, as a result, consumers continue to adopt the great, high quality listening experience of XM. We continue to grow revenue and increase the number of self-paying subscribers. We are focused on executing against our business plan, which means pursuing a number of key growth initiatives and opportunities and managing costs across every level of the business in order to achieve our two key long-term objectives: sustainable cash flow and profitability."

Recent Business Highlights

- General Motors Canada announced a new incentive program called GM
    Total Confidence, which includes a two-year paid XM satellite radio
    subscription as well as other incentives to encourage people to enter
    the car buying market again. The promotion commenced February 18, 2009
    and further demonstrates GM's commitment to XM as well as XM satellite
    radio's appeal to consumers.

- Toyota commences factory installations of XM Canada satellite radio in
    five models in 2009, including the all new Toyota VENZA, with plans to
    include the Lexus RX350 in 2010.

- As part of its focus to reduce costs and improve efficiencies, XM
    Canada selects SYNNEX Canada, a leading distributor of technology
    products, to be its exclusive supplier of aftermarket XM satellite
    radio products in Canada.

- XM continues to be one of the biggest supporters of Canadian music,
    most recently through its live-to-air broadcast of The Independent
    Music Awards on The Verge (XM Canada's rock channel 87) and by
    providing grants for Canadian musicians to attend South by Southwest
    2009 in Austin, Texas. The Verge featured daily broadcasts of Canadian
    artists performing at the festival.

Financial Performance Revenue increased $3.6 million, or 39 per cent, to $12.8 million from $9.2 million for the second quarters of 2009 and 2008, respectively. The increase was mostly attributable to an increase in the Company's growing subscriber base. "XM Canada's business continues to grow by approximately 40% annually, despite the economic environment," said Michael Moskowitz, President and Chief Executive Officer of XM Canada. "It's exciting to be part of a new technology that Canadians are subscribing to in large numbers."
    Average Monthly Subscription Revenue per Subscriber (ARPU) was $11.50 and $11.61 for the second quarters of 2009 and 2008, respectively, representing a decline of 1 per cent year-over-year due to the fact that there were fewer days in the second quarter of 2009.
    Adjusted Operating Profit (Loss) improved $3.0 million, to ($6.0 million) from ($9.0 million) for the second quarters of 2009 and 2008, respectively. The significant improvement in Adjusted Operating Profit (Loss) was driven primarily by a $3.6 million revenue improvement and a reduction of $1.2 million in marketing expenses versus the second quarter of 2008 offset by a $1.5 million increase in cost of revenue. As the Company continues to grow revenue and manage costs, Adjusted Operating Profit (Loss) is expected to continue to improve.
    Pre-Marketing Adjusted Operating Profit (Loss) improved $1.9 million, to $0.3 million from ($1.6 million) for the second quarters of 2009 and 2008, respectively. This quarter is the third consecutive quarter in which we have generated Pre-Marketing Adjusted Operating Profit. As the Company continues to grow revenue and manage costs, Pre-Marketing Adjusted Operating Profit (Loss) is expected to continue to improve.
    Per Subscriber Acquisition Cost (SAC) was $78 and $63 for the second quarters of 2009 and 2008, respectively. The increase in SAC is attributable to a one-time charge of $0.5 million taken during the quarter to reflect the end of life for a particular product.
    Cost per Gross Addition (CPGA) was flat on a year-over-year basis. Although total marketing costs declined significantly compared to the second quarter of 2008, CPGA remained unchanged due to lower gross subscriber additions in the quarter compared to the same period last year.
    The non-GAAP measures above should be used in addition to, but not as a substitute for, the analysis provided in the interim consolidated statement of operations and deficit.

Head Honcho
    04-08-2009, 09:00 PM #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I'm sorry. I must have missed it. When did Sirius XM become a satellite radio "supplier?" I would love to tour the factory where they are produced.

My blood is starting to boil...Hell in 2 paragraphs he used the word "I" five times and the word "my" once.

I have an article pending that is being held up because I used the word "I" twice in the whole damn thing.
    Why do you want to continue to air dirty laundry? I held up the article because I busy at work and thought that it was sub par. I still think it is... there now EVERYONE knows.

This is has officially gone past stupid into full blown retarded. Should we discuss all of our business here or via private email or phone?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    04-08-2009, 09:03 PM #193
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Why do you want to continue to air dirty laundry? I held up the article because I busy at work and thought that it was sub par. I still think it is... there now EVERYONE knows.

This is has officially gone past stupid into full blown retarded. Should we discuss all of our business here or via private email or phone?
    I'm fine with right here.

Who agrees with Charles that this article is sub par?

http://satwaves.com/

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 09:10 PM #194
    A key to that article as well would be the pending litigation between online streaming radio versus the IRAA for an increase in royalty payments. Slacker has been quoted as saying that an increase in royalties would severely damage their business model.

I think that the internet can only help Sirius. Sure, it will bring in more competition, but in the end, it will help them.

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 09:12 PM #195
    As a side bar:

Brandon, you believe it is all about content.

Charles, you believe it is all about technology and access.

Shouldn't it be right in the middle of the two?

Head Honcho
    04-08-2009, 09:12 PM #196
    Ask a bunch of Sirius fans... good idea.

Arguments can be made as to why "The Internet Will Not Replace Satellite Radio" but those points are weak. You are comparing a premium service in Sirius XM to an ad supported internet music service. At least compare premium service to premium service (eg slacker for 3.99 kills commercials and ads).

Dont worry about my battery, I have a docking station in my car. My battery is fine. I am sure it lasts longer then a stiletto when not plugged in.

"To believe that this group of people will run out and buy high priced iPhones and Blackberry’s to replace their in dash car radios is just insane."

It is insane beucase, they will buy a new iPhone because they want a phone or a "multitool gadget" that will happen to play music (better then an ipod which hundreds of millions of people use to listen to their music... they must be INSANE). Just like if your stiletto happened to work as a free phone... you might make a call with it, you wouldnt buy it to replace your phone but, if you had one then why not use it?

The arguement is EXCLUSIVE content. That is the reason why nothing will replace Sirius XM and its the only reason. The technology has caught them and 3g streams fast enough to play internet music at this point and 90% of Sirius' content is NOT EXCLUSIVE.

FM thought that SATRAD had no chance... by saying cell services (wi-fi) wont catch SATRAD is making the same mistake terrestrial radio made. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    As a side bar:
    Brandon, you believe it is all about content.
    Which was my total point to begin with! Then make the article about the content. Make it about why you really think it cant be beat and make that argument strong. All I do is add constructive criticism and everyone (EDIT: except Newman) is a ****ing baby. I do mean everybody... my emails inbox is something straight out of 8th grade lately.

Brandon, this passive aggressive bullshit is just that. If you or anyone else doesn't want to play here anymore, you are free to take your ball and leave.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    04-08-2009, 09:17 PM #197
    That is precisely what the comment section is for.

To be continually censored and be forced to only write articles that you agree with enrages me. I DID NOT sign on for this.

I don't care if you agree with it or not. I'm not here to write your thoughts and opinions. If we all thought the same way, we wouldn't need 4 people writing.

No one censors you. No one censors Tyler. Yet I'm now expected to have my articles approved based on whether or not you agree with the principal?

I don't think so!~

So with that, how do we end this "partnership?"

04-08-2009, 09:25 PM #198

I guess if you use a satellite radio music, talk radio and jokes then maybe satellite radio will go the way of the old cristal radios. But there is so much more available while at home or on the move. I have a XM in my truck and a XMP3 that I walk with. For the most part I am a news junky and listen Fox News and CNBC for finance news. I enjoy the satellite service and will be a subscriber for a long time.

PS I wish XM would bring back Fox Business New channel. They carried it for awhile and no one seems to give me an answer as to why it was canceled.

Enthusiast
    04-08-2009, 09:26 PM #199

I think the article is perfectly fine as is.

Head Honcho
    04-08-2009, 09:27 PM #200
    That is precisely what the comment section is for.

To be continually censored and be forced to only write articles that you agree with enrages me. I DID NOT sign on for this.
    You are full of shit, plain and simple. I let 100% of your shit go. I have NEVER stopped you from saying anything and if you wanted to work on this article it would have been posted like all the rest.

I don't care if you agree with it or not. I'm not here to write your thoughts and opinions. If we all thought the same way, we wouldn't need 4 people writing.
    I don't have to agree with you, just make a strong and compelling argument. I dont always agree and I let a lot of stuff go. This article was weak and I was looking to help you strengthen it.

No one censors you. No one censors Tyler. Yet I'm now expected to have my articles approved based on whether or not you agree with the principal?
    You still dont get it... go back and read my post above. Its not that I dont agree its that your points could be made much stronger. You are IMPOSSIBLE to work with.

I don't think so!~
    You're a bad ass.

So with that, how do we end this "partnership?"
    You tell me. I will give you your cut for March, backup satwaves, and send you all of the content. I will even host it for you until you find a a new host. I have nothing against you personally, you just continue to want to fight with EVERYONE. You cant even tell your friends from enemies anymore.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 20 of 26 ... 101819202122 ...