Page 3 of 26 1234513 ...
    Mentor
    04-08-2009, 08:08 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Newman - I had actually gave up on the idea of a .30 buy. Do you think it may be possible - really? Perhaps I should put my order to buy back in at .30??? I would love to ave down a bit - presently at .40. Even better if I could grab a few at .35
    Hey Rick,you may come close today,we may nudge .30 to .31 briefly...

Banned
    04-08-2009, 08:13 AM #22
    I'm torn. Futures are not looking too good. A slow and steady takedown of sirius seems to be underway. First quarter results have people running for the hills.

On a technical basis, the stock says buy. The economic data that will be forthcoming has traders selling all stocks, which could present a good reason to sell.

I'm left with the same equation we always have: Buy - Sell = Hold.

Enthusiast
    04-08-2009, 08:13 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Hey Rick,you may come close today,we may nudge .30 to .31 briefly...
    Hey Johnny!! Just put an order in at .28 - thought I would do the split personality thing!! 1/2 way or so between Newmans .25 and .30!! Man i hope i don't get a chance to fill this order because the sp "flys" to .50!!

Enthusiast
    04-08-2009, 08:17 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I'm torn. Futures are not looking too good. A slow and steady takedown of sirius seems to be underway. First quarter results have people running for the hills.

On a technical basis, the stock says buy. The economic data that will be forthcoming has traders selling all stocks, which could present a good reason to sell.

I'm left with the same equation we always have: Buy - Sell = Hold.
    Brandon - GREAT to see you! Don't let the basta_ds get you down - you are appreciated here!!!
    The MM's cannot keep the sp heading south for ever - folks ike me are looking to pickup shares at the lower levels - won't the lower sp's bring the retail investors back into the mix and make it harder for the manipulators to keep pushing lower??

What about the uptic thingy - isn't that being decided today???

Paint is still tacky - not time for the second coat yet!!

04-08-2009, 08:20 AM #25
    Johnny: what I should have said is that I believe that they should continue to turn on the old radios from time to time for brief periods with the goal being to reacquire previous subscribers.

I also think that they should reduce the price of the older current in house stock of radios and sell them for a few bucks above cost and bundle them with a long subscription deal, just to look for ways to clean up the house and to get ready for the big push with internet and apple et.al subscriptions and applications

Enthusiast
    04-08-2009, 08:21 AM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by LMaze View Post
    Tim: good post. do you have a link to any documents submitted to the FCC by these applicants?

I also agree that Sirius should continue to turn on the old radios in an effort to acquire renewed subscriptions especially as the economy rebounds from the current recession.

Stock should drift lower over the next three days if only from the lack of activity on the street due to the overlap of the two holidays. thats ok too and presents a buying opportunity for us.

I will be buying another fifty thousand shares or more this week.

I also can't stand the silence. In my opinion this company had an amazing fourth quarter in a horrible economic environment and will more than likely gain an additional hundred thousand subscribers in this first quarter which is also a stellar result and as the car business rebounds we will be in fine shape on the OEM side of the ledger. Management here needs an overhall simply because the marketing of this company is terrible, I just do not understand why? Perhaps Mel is so consumed with cutting costs that he forgot that sometimes you have to spend a little money to make some money.

Maybe Mell should look at why Howard's channels have been such a success which is due to the personalities that broadcast the content and perhaps with so much talent out there they could create some channels with regional personaltiies that could bring their following to Sirius, pay them a smaller salary and split the ad revenue and let these guys out to promote their stations and keep in mind that the goal would be to make the channel profitable.

Perhaps someone knows the answer to this but didn't Howard's contract call for him to create Three channels?
    heres the docket link my pdf reader is acting up again, any how its one of the recent filings from the end of march I don't remember which one it was exactly but it is there.

a couple of the other recent ones claim the fcc has overstepped proper authority and this issue could be open to a constitutional challenge based on race etc. and this will only further reduce the likely-hood of positive momentum building until resolution. its the same position being taken by the labels they claim the copyrightroyaltyboard is an improper body which lacks authority and the rates should be tossed on a constitutional basis.

I think they could offer a free limited promotional service to compete with the old radio services just for the ears...and the word of mouth it could generate.

by a section of the copy right law it could be possible within sdars to do this copyright free based on a section added during 2006.which allows for a limited selection of content (music) to be aired copyright free.

im sure hope xm has been able to use this for the promotions they have ran over the last couple of years.

with fifty percent of the auto devices being un-activated its really a burden placed on the shareholders which they should not be faced with imho.even the analyst have questioned this issue over the last three years and always we heard the same comment we are working with used car dealers on this issue and more information will be available later well its later..and things remain pretty much the same.

Banned
    04-08-2009, 08:24 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Brandon - GREAT to see you! Don't let the basta_ds get you down - you are appreciated here!!!
    The MM's cannot keep the sp heading south for ever - folks ike me are looking to pickup shares at the lower levels - won't the lower sp's bring the retail investors back into the mix and make it harder for the manipulators to keep pushing lower??

What about the uptic thingy - isn't that being decided today???

Paint is still tacky - not time for the second coat yet!!
    Thanks. As for the uptick thingy...

I was thinking about this yesterday. There was a link showing a correlation between the shorts having free reign and the markets rally when the short rules came into question.

Last week, the SEC chair said no decision would be made right away as they want to schedule public hearings and such on the matter. Meaning, an actual change may be 6-18 months away.

Ironically, since that time we have seen the markets sell off?

Coincidence? I think not!

Mentor
    04-08-2009, 08:27 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Thanks. As for the uptick thingy...

I was thinking about this yesterday. There was a link showing a correlation between the shorts having free reign and the markets rally when the short rules came into question.

Last week, the SEC chair said no decision would be made right away as they want to schedule public hearings and such on the matter. Meaning, an actual change may be 6-18 months away.

Ironically, since that time we have seen the markets sell off?

Coincidence? I think not!
    Public hearings? LOL. Not one person will be against this. It was in place for decades. Should never have been removed in the first place. When the market is completely bottomed, and all big money is done with their moves, then maybe they will bring it back. They realized how much fun it is, and dont want to go back. MM's love it.

04-08-2009, 08:31 AM #29
    Brandon: good to have you back. Just chill out. The stock is a BUY and its a great hold so accumulate, trade on the the first quarter news when it will get a spike, just keep a long term hold on some of your shares, think about where we will be next year and thereafter.

Unfortunately for us it will be down a little today and for the rest of the trading sessions but that is just a sign that the MM will accumulate shares for a nice pay day later.. You above all know that, I learned that trick from you. I was never a trader dispite my MBA in finance, I am an investor, there is a difference, but I have learned a ton from you and from Rel and I everyone else and I look forward to a second career in trading when I'm done with my real estate law life.

I also reiterate what I said previously to you, I have your back, I'm old school that way

04-08-2009, 08:34 AM #30
    Tim: Thanks for the link and another great post. I will read everything tonight and good luck to you today.

Page 3 of 26 1234513 ...