Page 5 of 21 ... 3456715 ...
    Mentor
    04-06-2009, 11:25 AM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I dont know, What state are you in? Ether way I dont think your governor has a approval rating of over 70% after two years in office, thats right still after 2 years Palin rates a just over 70%. Say what you will but the MSM did their job for the libs on her. It is funny was Bidin or Obama ever made fun of on SNL for that 58 states gaff or watching tv during 1929 when FDR was president (for the idiots out there, there are only 50 states, tv was not around in 1929, and FDR was not president). There were many others that you guys never heard about because you have blinders on. For those that did not know the gaffs made buy those two, way out numbered the ones made by Palin and McCain. Now while she was less experienced then many that ran for president before, no more less experienced then Obama and then again she was not running for president. As a matter of fact it was the first time in history I have ever heard of, that the presidential canadate used running for president as his experience to be president. That was most likely because that was the only thing he had over Palin. You dont have to believe me just listen to the comments made by Bidin and Clinton they both said he was not experienced enough. I'm sorry you will have to go all the way back to the primary debates because it was never talked about again by the MSM after that except by maybe FOX. I wonder if the samething would have happened for McCain we will never know because his VP pick never said he would be a terrible pick like Bidin did with Obama. On that note I will just say you people are UNBELIEVABLE.
    John,I live in Pa and My Gov.Rendell has a 65% approval rating,but the point is that being an independant Republican I was embarrassed by Palin as a VEEP
    pick,Come on it is common sense she was in no way at this moment ready to be President,GREAT Gov. maybe,don't know,but no person in his right mind can say she was ready to be President...And that is the only criteria for VEEP.

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 11:26 AM #42
    You dont have to, the media did it time and time again something they never do with Obama. Here is the difference Bush had trouble with one of the doors and that was repeated over and over. What happened when Obama could not get one of the french doors open that was said to be understandable and never played again. Misses Obama misses a buttoned on her shirt and that is said to be quite. I can only emagine if that would have happen to Palin.
    The strength and measure of a country is based on their trade balance(or imbalance in our case) and the strength of your currency. Based on these two indicators, Republicans and Democrats are both equally worthless. Nixon(republican) took us off the gold standard. Clinton(democrat) repealled the glass(I forget the name but the law that prevented banks from making huge leveraged bets(needed after the great depression). Carter started alternative energy programs, Reagan axed them. Clinton cared less about the SEC, Obama seems to care. So many discrepancies between ideaologies amongst the two parties, it is no longer viable to debate politics with a conservative vs. liberal or democrat vs. repulican angles. We should be discussing politics based on right and wrong, what works, and what doesnt. Right now, the two party system doesnt work. Period. Look at the dollar chart, and go look at the trade imbalance. We needs solutions to these problems, and Obama will make it worse. Bush made it worse. Clinton made it worse. In fact the last president to do any real good with the economy was Reagan, and hes been victimized by liberal agendas, and his perception in history has been tainted. Did his adminstration do wrong, heck ya, but they got the money policy right. If your going to run a fiat currency, he understood how to run it the best.(since we left the gold standard.)

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 11:33 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Are you implying God is imaginary?
    I actually do believe in something and would say that I have a pretty strong faith, but I have a hard time understanding it. I think religion is at it's best when it asks questions, rather than answers them. I also think that man creates God in his own image......

Think about it......

God takes a nap on the 7th day.....God needs to take a nap?

He creates this massive planet and puts one dude in there and then wonders why the dude is lonely? I'm sure Adam would have been pretty happy when Eve showed up.....like seeing a Playboy for the first time - only better. If that whole story is true anyway......

How did the planet populate without incest etc.......pretty weird.

OH, if there is a God.......dude be bigger than any ideology - or chick or whatever.
    Last edited by Demian; 04-06-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Enthusiast
    04-06-2009, 11:34 AM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    John,I live in Pa and My Gov.Rendell has a 65% approval rating,but the point is that being an independant Republican I was embarrassed by Palin as a VEEP
    pick,Come on it is common sense she was in no way at this moment ready to be President,GREAT Gov. maybe,don't know,but no person in his right mind can say she was ready to be President...And that is the only criteria for VEEP.
    She was running for VP, yet she is more experienced than our current president. I liked her... more than McCain. It was just comical how much time and energy went into discrediting the person running for VP. She was not treated fairly...

Guru
    04-06-2009, 11:38 AM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post

Point is she was as ready as Obama. As a matter of fact even more ready. You ever ask yourself why there has not been a senator elected as president in about 40 years. Why have they all been governors? It is because governers are the next logical choice. Running a state is as close to being president as you can get without being president. Obama is an embarresment, the only difference right now is like with Carter the MSM is covering it up.

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 11:39 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I actually do believe in something and would say that I have a pretty strong faith, but I have a hard time understanding it. I think religion is at it's best when it asks questions, rather than answers them. I also think that man creates God in his own image......

Think about it......

God takes a nap on the 7th day.....God needs to take a nap?

He creates this massive planet and puts one dude in there and then wonders why the dude is lonely? I'm sure Adam would have been pretty happy when Eve showed up.....like seeing a Playboy for the first time - only better. If that whole story is true anyway......

How did the planet populate without incest etc.......pretty weird.
    You ask excellent questions. In fact, most evolutionist now believe the human race began from one small tribe or group of monkeys.(incest). With a pure genetic code, incest is irrelevant. As environmental influences, reproduction, and genetric strands are bombarded with free radicals, the pure genetic code breaks down, making incest less and less genetically "viable". So you see, evolutionists, and creationists are on the same page with this issue. God didnt need a nap, he took one to symbolize the day of rest he wanted for man. No one should work on Saturday(sunday is the incorrect day of rest, as the Roman's manipulated this to coincide with the worship on Mitras(their sun god that was incorporated into Christianity by Constantine(considered the first Roman christian, but this is historically inaccurate, as he was "converted" on his death bed. In actuality, it was a conscious effort to incorporate christian and sun god whorship to better ease the transition from pagan to one god worship. Even Christamas is an old pagan holiday, shoved in christans faces and worked its way into our culture. Christ was born no where near dec. 25 th in actuality. It was either spring or fall. All the info we have. Dec 25th was a pagan holiday, and as far as im concerned still is today.
    As for making Adam first, what better way to teach lonliness and for Adam to appreciate companionship.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 04-06-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 11:47 AM #47
    Point is she was as ready as Obama. As a matter of fact even more ready. You ever ask yourself why there has not been a senator elected as president in about 40 years. Why have they all been governors? It is because governers are the next logical choice. Running a state is as close to being president as you can get without being president. Obama is an embarresment, the only difference right now is like with Carter the MSM is covering it up.
    John ,agree whole heartedly about Gov. vs Senator,but not comparing Obama to Palin,I'm just commenting on Palin not being prepared for Veep...
    Incidentally the greatest President in the 20th century(in my opinion) was a senator,Harry S. Truman...If we would have had a senator like him the last 10 years the war would have gone a whole lot better...Actually i compare McCain to Truman a little....

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 11:52 AM #48
    The only thing i'll give Obama credit for is at least he was the first Democrat who actually told you what he was going to do and GOT ELECTED,so you can't complain he is doing something different...But just as with Bush,he is our President and I've got his back....May not agree with what he is doing,but wev need to stop this,(he's not my guy F the country)..

Guru
    04-06-2009, 11:53 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    The strength and measure of a country is based on their trade balance(or imbalance in our case) and the strength of your currency. Based on these two indicators, Republicans and Democrats are both equally worthless. Nixon(republican) took us off the gold standard. Clinton(democrat) repealled the glass(I forget the name but the law that prevented banks from making huge leveraged bets(needed after the great depression). Carter started alternative energy programs, Reagan axed them. Clinton cared less about the SEC, Obama seems to care. So many discrepancies between ideaologies amongst the two parties, it is no longer viable to debate politics with a conservative vs. liberal or democrat vs. repulican angles. We should be discussing politics based on right and wrong, what works, and what doesnt. Right now, the two party system doesnt work. Period. Look at the dollar chart, and go look at the trade imbalance. We needs solutions to these problems, and Obama will make it worse. Bush made it worse. Clinton made it worse. In fact the last president to do any real good with the economy was Reagan, and hes been victimized by liberal agendas, and his perception in history has been tainted. Did his adminstration do wrong, heck ya, but they got the money policy right. If your going to run a fiat currency, he understood how to run it the best.(since we left the gold standard.)

relmar, as far as which party principles are correct, I dont agree. Now if we talk about people, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and Bush. that is another question. I and most real consevatives did not like when Bush did Medicare and a few other things. The point is the reason we did not like it was it was not what we considered it fitting conservative values of less government less taxes. The government is there to do one main thing protect this county from attack. That the government should get out of the way. We have become to much of a entitlement based country.

Mentor
    04-06-2009, 11:59 AM #50
    relmar, as far as which party principles are correct, I dont agree. Now if we talk about people, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and Bush. that is another question. I and most real consevatives did not like when Bush did Medicare and a few other things. The point is the reason we did not like it was it was not what we considered it fitting conservative values of less government less taxes. The government is there to do one main thing protect this county from attack. That the government should get out of the way. We have become to much of a entitlement based country.
    I knew i liked you John,that is the whole point of a President,the founding fathers were genius's(sic) when they came up with this system.
    The Congress is responsible for domestic and Judicial upholds the rule of law and President defends the homeland....

Page 5 of 21 ... 3456715 ...