Page 23 of 25 ... 132122232425
    04-01-2009, 09:29 PM #221
    Quote Originally Posted by choirgirl View Post
    asm610, thanks for the info. The next BMW-dealer is more than 150 miles away. My youngest daughter turns 16 this summer and she is going to get my Mustang and I was thinking about a BMW 330 for myself.
    You will not regret it. I have a 330Ci (coupe) and am absolutely in love with that car. Finest car I have ever owned, hands down.
    Staying on topic: I'm looking for the Sirius add-on module for my BMW right now, so I can have satrad through my factory BMW radio. The modules go for $200 on eBay, etc. and were a factory option in 2004 (the year of my 330Ci).

Since I'm "long" on SIRI, I figure it is about time to ante' up and actually become a subscriber, too.

04-01-2009, 09:32 PM #222

Is siri xm positing for one plateform on xm and then sell of siri plateform?

IF U TIE THIS TO THE COMPANIES APPLICATION TO THE FCC TO BROADCAST XM ON THE ENTIRE SPECTRUM WITH THE NEW SAT LAUNCH IT SEEMS THE COMPANY IS SETTING UP XM AS THE PLATEFORM TO BROADCAST ALL CHANNELS. IF THAT IS TRUE, COMPANY DOES NOT NEED THE SIRI PLATEFORM. SO THEY MAY BE POSITIONING A SELL OF THE SIRI SATS AND REPEATER PLATEFORM. NOW WHO WOULD BUY IT? LIBERTY MUTUAL IN AN EXCHANGE OF THE DEBT SIRI XM OWNES THEM.

XM and QuickPlay Announce First Universally Available XM Radio Mobile Service for BlackBerry Smartphones
    Post Comment April 1st, 2009 | By CRFCEO

LAS VEGAS, April 1, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — CTIA Booth #4544 –

XM (Nasdaq: XMSR), the nation’s leading provider of satellite radio with more than 9 million subscribers, and QuickPlay Media, the leader in mobile TV and video solutions, today announced that XM Radio Mobile has selected QuickPlay’s OpenVideo(TM) as the first media management platform to make XM Radio Mobile universally available on select BlackBerry(R) smartphones from Research In Motion (RIM).

The service, which can run across major U.S. mobile service providers’ networks, enables consumers to get 20 exclusive XM channels of commercial-free music and 24-hour comedy programming for just $7.99 per month with an option for a complimentary 24-hour trial.

The XM Radio Mobile offering provides BlackBerry smartphone users with unlimited access to a wide selection of the most popular commercial-free music channels, including XM’s 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s decade channels, 20on20 (Top 20 Hits), Ethel (New Alternative Rock), The City (Hip-Hop/R&B Hits), XMU (Indie Rock), Watercolors (Easy Jazz) and Highway 16 (New Country Hits). Customers can also listen to XM comedy channels, The Virus (outrageous uncensored talk) and XM Comedy (uncensored comedy).

“Together with QuickPlay, XM Radio Mobile will provide BlackBerry users with access to a compelling selection of XM’s acclaimed music and comedy programming virtually anywhere they go,” said Vernon Irvin, EVP and Chief Marketing Officer, XM Satellite Radio. “Today’s announcement reinforces XM’s commitment to making our industry-leading content available to consumers in ways that fit their lifestyles.”

All XM channels are easily accessed via a simple user interface with graphical icons for content genres and channels. While listening to one XM Radio Mobile channel, users can see the song title, artist and album, as well as what’s currently playing on other XM Radio Mobile channels. Subscribers can also multi-task as XM Radio Mobile can run in the background while the user accesses other data applications on their BlackBerry smartphone.

BlackBerry smartphones supported by the XM Mobile Radio service require BlackBerry Device Software 4.2 or higher and include the BlackBerry(R) 8800 Series, BlackBerry(R) 8700 Series, BlackBerry(R) Pearl(TM) Series and BlackBerry(R) Curve(TM) Series smartphones with a BlackBerry data plan on major U.S. mobile carrier networks. The service, and a complimentary 24-hour trial, is available via a downloadable application that can be easily accessed by visiting http://www.xmradio.com/bb from the BlackBerry smartphone’s browser, or by texting “XM” to 47201 and clicking on the download link provided. Subscribers can opt to have their purchase charged to their credit card or where available billed directly to their service provider.

Enthusiast
    04-01-2009, 09:44 PM #223
    SIRIUS XM RADIO INC (NASDAQ:SIRI) Uptrend
    Smart Scan Chart Analysis is showing some near term weakness. However, this market remains in the confines of a longer term uptrend Uptrend with tight money management stops.

Based on a pre-defined weighted trend formula for chart analysis, SIRI scored +75 on a scale from -100 (strong downtrend) to +100 (strong uptrend):

-10 Last Hour Close Below 5 hour Moving Average
    -15 New 3 Day Low on Monday
    +20 Last Price Above 20 Day Moving Average
    +25 New 3 Week High, Week Ending March 21st
    +30 New 3 Month High in March

+75 Total Score

Open High Low SIRI Price Change
    0.3500 0.3600 0.3255 0.3400 -0.0050

March 31, 2009

Mentor
    04-01-2009, 09:49 PM #224
    Remember what happened with the stock price from .37 to .40? Its happening now here, between .35 and .32 now. They are making sure that level is not breakable before going higher. Its not, IMVHO. .40 cents was not breakable then(too soon for shorts hadnt cleared yet, or not enough big buyers got in...Whatever)... As with all stocks, as support holds, we go back to test resistance now(with newer news and better information every time(time has elapsed, etc...)). Do we have enough to get over this time? I would hope so. It will probably consolidate for a few more days, but these volume levels are unacceptable to the MM's. They make money on the spread but most importantly on volume.

Mentor
    04-01-2009, 10:14 PM #225

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jelax View Post
    Johnny after reading this thread and following for several weeks now you have cleared up so much of what confused the heck out of me. Thank you for answering all the questions today and making us novices a lot more knowledable.
    glad i could be of help to the noob's,but i learned alot here myself from other senior members,just passing the info on along some of my own knowledge,,

Mentor
    04-01-2009, 10:18 PM #226
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Remember what happened with the stock price from .37 to .40? Its happening now here, between .35 and .32 now. They are making sure that level is not breakable before going higher. Its not, IMVHO. .40 cents was not breakable then(too soon for shorts hadnt cleared yet, or not enough big buyers got in...Whatever)... As with all stocks, as support holds, we go back to test resistance now(with newer news and better information every time(time has elapsed, etc...)). Do we have enough to get over this time? I would hope so. It will probably consolidate for a few more days, but these volume levels are unacceptable to the MM's. They make money on the spread but most importantly on volume.
    Relmor your the chart guy,but with this low vol. i'm sensing a little frustration and a little mild short squeeze coming on ,like St.Pats Day,say up to high 40's then settle at .42-.43 for a few weeks..

Enthusiast
    04-01-2009, 10:21 PM #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Looks like the complaints are now being addressed. Only took how many years?
    Or is this a sick April fools joke!

Mentor
    04-01-2009, 10:31 PM #228
    Quote Originally Posted by choirgirl View Post
    Hey Johnny, you are right, we all should stay strong and be ready. The only question is, when will they be good and ready ? Do you or anyone else has an idea what could be the iniation ?
    choirgirl,My personal opinion is after 2Qcc when we will have hopefully 2 good revenue quarters behind us and with auto market rebounding the company will be able to give better guidance numbers for the next 2 quarters and show big money that siriusXM's bussiness model will work long term..
    my personal SP targets are .50 by june and .71 by august which should be
    2Q cc about august 10th or so..after that i'm expecting $1 to $1.44 Sp by end of year..JMHO

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    04-01-2009, 10:33 PM #229

Smile A few thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Remember what happened with the stock price from .37 to .40? Its happening now here, between .35 and .32 now. They are making sure that level is not breakable before going higher. Its not, IMVHO. .40 cents was not breakable then(too soon for shorts hadnt cleared yet, or not enough big buyers got in...Whatever)..................
    I think the overall consensus among those of us that have a grasp on the REAL and VALID S.P. for SIRI know it's going to go up. Right now - the bottom line we're all getting at - is that we're in a period of consolidation ie. low volume and we are continually getting to a point where the weekly triangle patterns show us nearing a convergence - only to be broken by the MM's artificially putting the SP where they want. Now as FRUSTRATING as all this is... I have to think that at some point - we have to break out - as stated earlier in this thread - the MM's are going to have to move the SP to generate volume.

Unless you are a day/swing trader - and are getting frustrated trying to anticipate movement - you should primarily be protecting your core and being patient. Everyone should have a strategy - but it would be foolish to exit when you know full well we just have to wait out the MM's (who will become impatient with the volume at some point)

Another factor - News/Momentum is starting to build to the upside:
    - The numbers on the auto industry side were better than anticipated
    - Synergies are just starting to be realized
    - Weak hands are getting shaken out of this stock to form a platform for the next upswing
    - We are on the cusp of the S-XM Iphone App - and that has the potential to more than double subs IMHO - considering you aren't just looking at streaming S-XM in the areas the satellites cover now - you will start reaching OUTSIDE S-XM'S USUAL SUB REGION - (the perfect storm would be if S-XM started working markets like JAPAN IMHO - they are nutz for tech and it would just take some dedicated content on the international side to rapidly expand)
    - I don't think we're seeing everything behind the scenes with the satellites and transmission spectrum. If S-XM can find even the slightest way to exchange some kind of data flow on the existing satellites to Liberty - it would be big. For that matter - if they SOLD some of the spectrum - even a tiny part - it would be huge. (of course I realize they have to maintain coverage for existing receivers on both the SIRI and XM sides - but they can start transitioning one way or the other to consolidate)
    - Internet - we are seeing the cracks form in the business models for all the internet radio folks. Not just little cracks but HUGE ones - since they in effect aren't going to survive the coming royalty/content issues. S-XM has a good business model and IMHO will push those jokers out of the way.
    - We haven't even discussed the wild-cards yet. And they ARE out there -

Keep faith people - ignore my occasional rants in the day from the manipulation - it's steam venting out. If we panic - the MM's and shorts get what they want.

Don't try to predict - ride the flow.... and if presented with an opportunity to enter lower - be thankful....

~rick

Mentor
    04-01-2009, 10:36 PM #230
    Quote Originally Posted by RMAN View Post
    Or is this a sick April fools joke!
    It's an April fools Joke,sorry we all hoped it was true!!!1 LOL