Page 9 of 25 ... 789101119 ...
    Enthusiast
    04-01-2009, 12:55 PM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    It's like I'm psychic or something...(GM's loss is Fords gain)

Ford sold 46,467 North American-made cars and 78,298 light trucks in March, about 10,000 more than expected. Was it the TALF? No mention of its impact was made. It is worth noting, however, that Ford sold $3 billion of TALF-eligible asset-backed securities on March 19 (settlement date March 25), an amount that could support the sale of 100,000 vehicles priced at $30,000. Nissan also issued TALF-eligible asset-backed securities in March, about $1.4 billion. The TALF will directly benefit the economy by funneling money to borrowers. With it, a variety of manufacturing-related data will turn. Industry-wide sales are expected to have run at a pace of 9.2 million overall in March and 6.5 million for domestically produced vehicles, up from 9.1 million and 6.5 million, respectively. The pace for both was the worst since December 1981. Know What You Own: In midday trading on Friday, the most active stocks...

http://secure2.thestreet.com/cap/log...sertedmbp=true
    Brandon - doesn't Sirius have a better, more profitable deal with ford than GM? I seem to recall someone here mentioning that GM was given a really sweet deal compared to the other US manufacturers to get satrad going?? Perhaps this is going to be a "blessing in disguise"???

Mentor
    04-01-2009, 12:56 PM #82
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaverick View Post
    I'm really starting to feel sorry for those poor MM's - having no one to buy from except themselves! What a pity!
    Yes, but they wont use this trick too long. There are literally no sellers at .32 or .33 cents. ZERO!!!!! They only way to get them to sell is to drop it sub .30 again, and they wont do that due to traders being ready this time to buy buy buy. I watched KB Homes trade one day. Talk about manipulation, I suspected only 10% of the entire day was actual orders. It was a battle of 100 shares back and forth all day. It was literally reprehensible. MM's dont like it to just sit their with no volume for hours(what would happen if they keep it at .33 much longer, so they move the price around trying to draw some buyers or sellers. This tight range is going to be a huge break to the upside eventually.(back to .39 min).

Banned
    04-01-2009, 12:56 PM #83
    GMAC to make car loans available to more buyers

Washington -- GMAC will earmark $5 billion for consumer auto loans over the next 60 days, pledging immediate action to ease lending conditions for auto dealers and consumers.
    The Detroit-based auto and mortgage finance company said this morning it will accept automotive finance applications for customers with credit bureau scores less than 620 and is cutting interest rates on new vehicle financing for well-qualified customers by 50 basis points.
    "Customers will still need to qualify, but this will expand the credit available to a broader spectrum of buyers," GMAC said in a statement. GMAC will also cut rates on used car financing.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...to+more+buyers

04-01-2009, 12:58 PM #84
    Brandon,

This is confirmation of what others have been saying all along...there may be declining Auto sales and production at Certain companies...but increases at others will be noticed as well. Sirius benefits either way as penetration rates are increasing at all Auto manufacturers..as an example....BMW now has SATRAD as standard equipment in ALL of its models starting this year. I own Ford Stock. and I expect them to be the real beneficiaries of what is going on with the BIG 3. They were smart enough through some early foresight to set themselves up to withstand alot of the current financial issues that the other American companies simply chose to turn a blind eye to!

Banned
    04-01-2009, 12:59 PM #85
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Brandon - doesn't Sirius have a better, more profitable deal with ford than GM? I seem to recall someone here mentioning that GM was given a really sweet deal compared to the other US manufacturers to get satrad going?? Perhaps this is going to be a "blessing in disguise"???
    very much so...

Banned
    04-01-2009, 01:00 PM #86
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Yes, but they wont use this trick too long. There are literally no sellers at .32 or .33 cents. ZERO!!!!! They only way to get them to sell is to drop it sub .30 again, and they wont do that due to traders being ready this time to buy buy buy. I watched KB Homes trade one day. Talk about manipulation, I suspected only 10% of the entire day was actual orders. It was a battle of 100 shares back and forth all day. It was literally reprehensible. MM's dont like it to just sit their with no volume for hours(what would happen if they keep it at .33 much longer, so they move the price around trying to draw some buyers or sellers. This tight range is going to be a huge break to the upside eventually.(back to .39 min).
    There are none there because they took them all out this morning. Beware, there are million on the bid at .30.

Mentor
    04-01-2009, 01:02 PM #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Obama spoke again. Said it would be best if GM filed BK. The reality is that their are 30 million iPhones worldwide, that as of today became Satellite Radios. If the street cant see past GM, that's their problem. They will.
    GM WILL file for BK. The true goal of that would be to redo every supplier contract they have. They pay out way too much. Some of these supplier contracts have probably been around for years, buddy buddy system running rampant with complacent GM employees. SIriusXM contract would be null and void if they split the company in two(other wise the BK should have no effect on the Sirius contract). They pay GM, GM pays their suppliers. Those will be torn up.

Addict
    04-01-2009, 01:07 PM #88
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    Brandon,

This is confirmation of what others have been saying all along...there may be declining Auto sales and production at Certain companies...but increases at others will be noticed as well. Sirius benefits either way as penetration rates are increasing at all Auto manufacturers..as an example....BMW now has SATRAD as standard equipment in ALL of its models starting this year. I own Ford Stock. and I expect them to be the real beneficiaries of what is going on with the BIG 3. They were smart enough through some early foresight to set themselves up to withstand alot of the current financial issues that the other American companies simply chose to turn a blind eye to!
    Do you happen to know how much cash Ford has in hand right now and
    how much they lost last quarter? Just wondering how long Ford can hold out in these tough market conditions before they have to close more plants,
    and lay off more people. Does everyone think they can completely avoid
    taking Govt money?
    out and for without taking Govt money or closing more plants and laying off more people

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    04-01-2009, 01:09 PM #89
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Do you happen to know how much cash Ford has in hand right now and
    how much they lost last quarter? Just wondering how long Ford can hold out in these tough market conditions before they have to close more plants,
    and lay off more people. Does everyone think they can completely avoid
    taking Govt money?
    out and for without taking Govt money or closing more plants and laying off more people
    HMMMMM just wondering who will jump on this one first....lol

Addict
    04-01-2009, 01:10 PM #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Gambler View Post
    HMMMMM just wondering who will jump on this one first....lol
    How about you? LOL. Check out the politics section if you havent already.
    lol.

Page 9 of 25 ... 789101119 ...