Page 4 of 37 ... 2345614 ...
    03-24-2009, 09:59 AM #31
    Hi, It did open above yesterdays close so there is room for a .005 gain and still stay in pattern.

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:01 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius_Long_Hauler View Post
    Putting in a sell for a portion of my shares at .33... I don't think there will be any movement today and I'd like to free some cash in case a buying opportunity comes around elsewhere. Knowing my luck, this should be the catalyst for SIRI to skyrocket... that is, if my sell even gets filled...
    Looks like your sell price may get filled now we are back into greenfor the moment

03-24-2009, 10:08 AM #33
    I'm using http://marketwatch.com/quotes...I disabled the pictures and it loads fairly quickly and the delay isn't much that I can tell.

Don't have the luxury of an I-phone yet and this website sometimes locks up my phone, although I think it is more a problem with the crappy phone.

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-24-2009, 10:13 AM #34
    funny little bit of news for the morning....

As you know - many people have had HUGE issues (Mogami) with sharebuilder the last few trading days.... GET THIS:

I've been waiting for my full account to move from Wells Trade over to sharebuilder - and it is still delayed -

REASON:

So many people got angry with sharebuilder there is a mass exodus now over to TDA. They are looking at triple the wait time to transfer assets....

So - I am still waiting ... and all of you guys moving into TDA are causing it... LOL.... I would be hysterical - having been trying to move my portfolio out of wells for over a month now - but it wouldn't do any good....

03-24-2009, 10:20 AM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundevil View Post
    Sun? Who needs sun...I'm going skiing! Putting in a buy at .25 and a sell at .40... anyone use a good mobile phone website for tracking stock prices?
    once again ameritrade wins hands down with the iPhone and the istockmanager program... all i could ever ask for... would buy the phone just for the stock access...now available for the blackberry as well

Enthusiast
    03-24-2009, 10:23 AM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    iPhone has several apps that run in real-time. None of that 15 minute delay cr*p.
    iStockManger for TD Ameritrade is awesome. I hardly ever use the online platform for trading now!

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:23 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotfish View Post
    once again ameritrade wins hands down with the iPhone and the istockmanager program... all i could ever ask for... would buy the phone just for the stock access...now available for the blackberry as well
    pilot - I've been thinking of going more mobile - how much capability do you have with the iphone setup....? Do you have an app you got directly from TDA or is it from the app center? How quickly updated is the quote data..? Does it show AH/Premarket?

Apologies for the flood of questions - I am always on the move - and didn't realize TDA had something I could use. I have mobileweb on verizon - not sure if I can use this istockmanager thing on my current LG handset...

Thanks

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:24 AM #38
    Personally, I think what we're watching unfold here is one of the options I mentioned last week as we were popping. Option 1 was we would continue higher through the .40 resistance based on increased buying interest and shorts heading up to the .53 fort and hold there. Didn't happen, ostensibly too much profit taking/not enough willingness just yet for new risk thus re-empowering the .40 fort. Option 2 then, was that we would stall here and inhabit the .30's for a bit..Option 2 it is...which when I think about it, accomplishes a few things. For longs, it established definitively the new floor. Never a bad thing in the "bottoming process" as it were. For shorts, it gives them a little time to shake out flash-profit .05 - .10 buy money/other weak (or impatient) hands. The higher we go, the harder it is to just shake the tree and have money fall out..so doing more down here where enough people still fear a return to .20 is in play/or just plain take their marbles and go home is desireable. Just as we stalled @ like .15/.17 after phase 2 locked up, we most likely are in that kind of time frame once again (where I think they did exactly the same thing). Presumably, this will continue sideways the remainder of this week. Next Wed, we enter a new Q. Smart money on the buyside may be waiting until then and see where SIRI holds. If we hold this line like a champ, I say they start moving in, which causes the shorts to give up .40 and head up to the next fort @ .53...a timely upgrade or other postive news could have them bypassing that and heading directly for the .65 -ish fort.

One thing we have learned IMHO. The shorts will not be just giving back multiple positons at once from here. It appears they are intent on vehemently defending their territory and each strategic stronghold. Basically mirroring the move down heading back up. This would be good to keep in mind depending if you want or need to sell at the next fort for max gains within a timeframe. If you have a few month window, now worries as I believe we will get to the .84-ish fort by then. Beyond that we have 1.05 as the next resistance fort. That one could be the most bloody battle of them all though .65 will not be any party to be sure (again based on what we eyewitnessed on the way down).

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:26 AM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    funny little bit of news for the morning....

As you know - many people have had HUGE issues (Mogami) with sharebuilder the last few trading days.... GET THIS:

I've been waiting for my full account to move from Wells Trade over to sharebuilder - and it is still delayed -

REASON:

So many people got angry with sharebuilder there is a mass exodus now over to TDA. They are looking at triple the wait time to transfer assets....

So - I am still waiting ... and all of you guys moving into TDA are causing it... LOL.... I would be hysterical - having been trying to move my portfolio out of wells for over a month now - but it wouldn't do any good....

that's just nuts. If you weren't busy laughing you'd be crying

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:32 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    Personally, I think what we're watching unfold here is one of the options I mentioned last week as we were popping. Option 1 was we would continue higher through the .40 resistance based on increased buying interest and shorts heading up to the .53 fort and hold there. Didn't happen, ostensibly too much profit taking/not enough willingness just yet for new risk thus re-empowering the .40 fort. Option 2 then, was that we would stall here and inhabit the .30's for a bit......................
    I think I am in agreement.... it appears this is the new floor. Not necessarily a bad thing to consolidate our foothold here prior to the next move... AND I fully expected the shorts to turn this into a bloody fight. We'll get there - and those who have the patience will come out ahead in a few months...

Personally - I'm anxious to see what happens in Q2 when the iphone app hits. If it's as much of a success as I think it could be - based on conversations - and they do an actual marketing campaign (say it aint so) we could have a very nice Q2.

Only fear I have now is Q1 numbers allowing the shorts to pull us into the 7th circle of hell again.

Page 4 of 37 ... 2345614 ...