Page 5 of 37 ... 3456715 ...
    Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:35 AM #41
    does anybody know why we're rehashing the whole financial melt timeline YET AGAIN???? Is this about frigging bonuses again?? Better not be. Gov = 1 step forward, 1 step back.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-24-2009, 10:36 AM #42
    What is it going to cost consumers to stream Sirius XM on the iphone? Do they get some kind of a deal if they already have sirius in their car?

03-24-2009, 10:41 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    pilot - I've been thinking of going more mobile - how much capability do you have with the iphone setup....? Do you have an app you got directly from TDA or is it from the app center? How quickly updated is the quote data..? Does it show AH/Premarket?

Apologies for the flood of questions - I am always on the move - and didn't realize TDA had something I could use. I have mobileweb on verizon - not sure if I can use this istockmanager thing on my current LG handset...

Thanks
    Rick... 18gb on phone...app store...real time have checked it beside my pc ameritrade acct pre starts onthe phone at 8am and ah runs till 6pm... dont think it will work on your phone but just google istockmanager for a screen shot and im pretty sure it wont take anylonger than your transfers and you'll have either a blackberry or the iPhone...im a novice trader and i can't amagine being without it... it is truely almost better than ameritrades site and as long as you have cell signal you can trade...in for a penny...in for a pound...

03-24-2009, 10:44 AM #44
    I think that drop to .22 last week really shook the minds of a lot of investors. It was like having a mild heart attack, now the patient has to take it easy, relax lie down and put their feet up. With a new quarter and iphone app. we can start the recovery.

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:46 AM #45
    I think I am in agreement.... it appears this is the new floor. Not necessarily a bad thing to consolidate our foothold here prior to the next move... AND I fully expected the shorts to turn this into a bloody fight. We'll get there - and those who have the patience will come out ahead in a few months...

Personally - I'm anxious to see what happens in Q2 when the iphone app hits. If it's as much of a success as I think it could be - based on conversations - and they do an actual marketing campaign (say it aint so) we could have a very nice Q2.

Only fear I have now is Q1 numbers allowing the shorts to pull us into the 7th circle of hell again.
    para..

Yes...shorts' most effective weapon of choice is impatience in timelines like SIRI. So they will continue to play the card..easy money for them/MM's. As long as Q1 can show growth and a positve outlook for Q2 and beyond-ish I think we'll be good considering the economic conditions. And Mel said a release of their iphone app in Q2. My dream is Q2 as in April....rather than Q2 as in June 20th-ish...LOL. Let's see if they can be proactive on something on behalf of their 800K+ different shareholders....

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-24-2009, 10:52 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotfish View Post
    Rick... 18gb on phone...app store...real time have checked it beside my pc ameritrade acct pre starts onthe phone at 8am and ah runs till 6pm... dont think it will work on your phone but just google istockmanager for a screen shot and im pretty sure it wont take anylonger than your transfers and you'll have either a blackberry or the iPhone...im a novice trader and i can't amagine being without it... it is truely almost better than ameritrades site and as long as you have cell signal you can trade...in for a penny...in for a pound...
    Thanks for the info... maybe I will just give in to pressure and finally get the iphone... (yes believe it or not a few people still don't have one)

Besides - that'll set me up to stream SIRI - and that will be great to have.

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:52 AM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by learn to think View Post
    I think that drop to .22 last week really shook the minds of a lot of investors. It was like having a mild heart attack, now the patient has to take it easy, relax lie down and put their feet up. With a new quarter and iphone app. we can start the recovery.
    hey learn, what's up...

I agree and I would add from the short perspective, those two take down days were for effect more than anything. Put the fear back in the hearts and minds... to show "who's boss"...and us never closing below .31 both those days, spoke volumes IMHO....

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:52 AM #48
    pilot - I've been thinking of going more mobile - how much capability do you have with the iphone setup....? Do you have an app you got directly from TDA or is it from the app center? How quickly updated is the quote data..? Does it show AH/Premarket?

Apologies for the flood of questions - I am always on the move - and didn't realize TDA had something I could use. I have mobileweb on verizon - not sure if I can use this istockmanager thing on my current LG handset...

Thanks
    Rick, the iStockManager app is indeed amazing. You download the app from the appStore like all other apps on the iPhone. But dont worry, the app is free (just like the SiriusXM app will be). Once you've got your account name and password entered you can add ticker symbols to the watchlist. Add as many as you like, the watchlist runs in realtime. If you select a symbol from the watchlist it takes you to detailed info for that stock (also in real time); you get high/low/volume/open/ask/bid. And there is a tab to view Level II!!!
    To view L-2 on your iPhone you must have your TDA acct set up for Level II, which costs 9.99/month. I do not have this option on my TDA acct so I can't comment on L-2 past that. But the option is there if you want it.

Of course, you can trade from the app also. The watchlist gives stock prices to .0000 if SP is under 1$. Over 1$ it goes to x.xx.

Also, the app continues to give current SP in pre-market and AH trading. You can also place trades in PM and AH.

The app also gives you current financial news. There is a general tab for news on the markets, and each detailed stock page has a news tab for info on that specific stock.

Each detailed stock page also has a tab called Chain that gives you Put/Call options. However, I know NOTHING about puts n calls so I've never used it and cant describe it further.

And that is just the iStockManager app from TDAmeritrade. The iPhone has MANY other applications for stocks. Come cost $$, some dont.

Any other questions?

Addict
    03-24-2009, 10:59 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Rick, the iStockManager app is indeed amazing. You download the app from the appStore like all other apps on the iPhone. But dont worry, the app is free (just like the SiriusXM app will be). Once you've got your account name and password entered you can add ticker symbols to the watchlist. Add as many as you like, the watchlist runs in realtime. If you select a symbol from the watchlist it takes you to detailed info for that stock (also in real time); you get high/low/volume/open/ask/bid. And there is a tab to view Level II!!!
    To view L-2 on your iPhone you must have your TDA acct set up for Level II, which costs 9.99/month. I do not have this option on my TDA acct so I can't comment on L-2 past that. But the option is there if you want it.

Of course, you can trade from the app also. The watchlist gives stock prices to .0000 if SP is under 1$. Over 1$ it goes to x.xx.

Also, the app continues to give current SP in pre-market and AH trading. You can also place trades in PM and AH.

The app also gives you current financial news. There is a general tab for news on the markets, and each detailed stock page has a news tab for info on that specific stock.

Each detailed stock page also has a tab called Chain that gives you Put/Call options. However, I know NOTHING about puts n calls so I've never used it and cant describe it further.

And that is just the iStockManager app from TDAmeritrade. The iPhone has MANY other applications for stocks. Come cost $$, some dont.

Any other questions?

Good info guys....thanks

03-24-2009, 11:00 AM #50
    Thanks for the info... maybe I will just give in to pressure and finally get the iphone... (yes believe it or not a few people still don't have one)

Besides - that'll set me up to stream SIRI - and that will be great to have.
    Rick just go to there website and click on there iphone on the right at the top and it will show you everything the app does and it tells how to get a free iPod touch through ameritrade... let me know what you think.

Page 5 of 37 ... 3456715 ...