Page 20 of 27 ... 101819202122 ...
    03-23-2009, 04:36 PM #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    I almost pulled in a chunk of FNM also today... instead I edged up another 15% over my core holding of SIRI... I'm addicted just like the rest of you....

A broker that I use recommended FAS last thursday and picked up 1500 shares at $5.31. Nice move on that today and unloading the the next couple of days.

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-23-2009, 04:41 PM #192
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Those 100 free trades must be utilized within a month period. If im not mistaken.
    Good close. Should of hit .34 right at the end, but they closed it perfectly to stop that. .33 had completely filled, next ask at .34. Then the very last second, the second before the close, they threw up another .33 cent block(ISEG of course!!!). I needed one more day to confirm .30 cents is now a buy for me. Any hits off .30 cents and Im buying, just dont think it will hit there. .31 cents is a minor buy point for me now. Trangle bullish patterns are better trusted on the weeklies, but dailies work too. Just not as reliable. Usually stocks will conslidate for weeks before another major up leg is resumed. So dont be surprised if we dont clear .40 cents for a while. If this stock continues to trade in chartable patterns, as it has been doing, I should be able to better predict when it will break. Still no signs of .40 cents being a threat yet. But .32 might be in the rearview mirror too.
    relmor, they gave me the cash in my account because I did that many trades my first 30 days in the account as a new trader. So you are right, they simply refunded me the 37 trades i placed, which yes I could have gone up to 100 but would have still had to have done it the first 30 days.

03-23-2009, 04:44 PM #193
    i know it may sound a little crazy, but isn't any chart that is populated with manipulated data, null and void? but the argument exists, isn't every market manipulated.

03-23-2009, 04:45 PM #194
    Hi, Now to see if pattern moves to tomorrow we need afterhours and premarket to raise SP above todays close. Then tomorrow do a repeat of today.
    Open above .33
    Close below open but above .33

You know that does describe a triangle and it has repeated enough for me to see it.

03-23-2009, 04:47 PM #195

doctorex speaks: competition to SIRI

doctorex's analysis of the SIRI competitive environment is based on a bi-partite model of the product, which is:

1. BROADCAST TO MOVING CARS
    2. NO ADS.

no product, except SIRI, meets both tests

HD radio, and regular radio: fails because they have ads. these will always have ads because there is no other source of money.

ipod: fails because it does not broadcast to moving cars. maybe teenagers have the time to load their little ipods, and plug them into their car jacks. prosperous grownups will not do this. and how do you get unlimited content this way? howard stern and nascar on the ipod? pay-per-view for them? this is crazy.

cell phone radio: fails also, because if this means broadcast to moving cars from cell towers, then the infrastructure to do this does not exist. who is going to build such a thing? and how will they pay for it? are 130 channels of commercial free content going to start extruding out of the cell phone towers?

doctorex does not see a viable competitive threat to SIRI from any such modalities at this time.

THERE ARE 100,000,000 PROSPEROUS U.S. ADULTS WHO NEED SIRI AND MOST OF THEM WILL FIND US SOONER OR LATER. THIS MEANS 50,000,000 SUBS, 6 BIL ANNUAL REVENUE, 4-5 BIL ANNUAL PROFIT, PE 20, 6 BIL SHARES, AND SP OF $15.

BUY BUY BUY.

doctorex has spoken.

Mentor
    03-23-2009, 04:48 PM #196
    Quote Originally Posted by kingadrock666 View Post
    i know it may sound a little crazy, but isn't any chart that is populated with manipulated data, null and void? but the argument exists, isn't every market manipulated.
    No. Every stock is manipulated to some degree, and there are patterns within the manipulation abilities of the manipulators. Charters, retailers, hedgies, etc... all read charts. They see what is possible, and what isnt. With a huge run up liek Sirius had, a huge takedown was possible, and supported by the charts even. Patterns are patterns, and useful until they arent(if that makes sense, but thats the truth about charts.) Only useful till they arent useful anymore. So until they stop being useful, you use them, you dont dont live and die by them.(For instance charting Sirius from Dec. to early Feb. was useless. I will not use a chart with 3 cent movement possible. Just notice a bottom forming, and thats about all you need to see there.
    P.S... Shorts read charts too, manipulators can "paint" a chart, literally suckering in chartists to see something approaching, then pull it from them(whether is an up or down move). Why watching Level 2 is important as reading charts, if your going all in with your research.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 03-23-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Guru
    03-23-2009, 04:49 PM #197
    funny i dont remember ever see any other stocks where the ask is lower then the last, one after another since we hit .34, love sirius

Addict
    03-23-2009, 04:59 PM #198
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo2424 View Post
    No offense but I believe Mr. Bill Hart and others discuss their day trades on the "Daily" Intraday threads. This is for siri, no? Honest no offense but I've noticed a lot of chat about other stocks. But hey I'm not the moderator... thanks and congrats on your FNM trades
    Their is Sirius intraday which is about Sirius and then theirs other related stocks...thats where its always been ok to share other relative stocks...and they are all realitive to us....but thanks anyway...Tony

Guru
    03-23-2009, 05:06 PM #199
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorex View Post
    doctorex's analysis of the SIRI competitive environment is based on a bi-partite model of the product, which is:

1. BROADCAST TO MOVING CARS
    2. NO ADS.

no product, except SIRI, meets both tests

HD radio, and regular radio: fails because they have ads. these will always have ads because there is no other source of money.

ipod: fails because it does not broadcast to moving cars. maybe teenagers have the time to load their little ipods, and plug them into their car jacks. prosperous grownups will not do this. and how do you get unlimited content this way? howard stern and nascar on the ipod? pay-per-view for them? this is crazy.

cell phone radio: fails also, because if this means broadcast to moving cars from cell towers, then the infrastructure to do this does not exist. who is going to build such a thing? and how will they pay for it? are 130 channels of commercial free content going to start extruding out of the cell phone towers?

doctorex does not see a viable competitive threat to SIRI from any such modalities at this time.

doctorex has spoken.

While I have said much of that myself. I do disagree with the cell towers not being able to put that out. You do remember they just paid a whopping 20 billion for the next set of spectrum that just opened up. My belief has always been the cost to get the service though your phone. The point being when you add up all the cost to finally be able to get the internet from your phone it adds up to be 2 and 3 times the cost of the price of a subscription to SIRIXM. That just doesn't make sense to pay 3 times more to get something.

03-23-2009, 05:08 PM #200
    Hoping the latest filing by SIRI is not the dillution it appears to be to me?

Sirius XM Radio Inc. has filed the following document(s) with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.

Form S-8 / Registration Statement

Page 20 of 27 ... 101819202122 ...