View Poll Results: What would you like to see most from Sirius XM?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone application

12 46.15%
  • Blackberry application

3 11.54%
  • Improved sound quality

3 11.54%
  • Better portable units

3 11.54%
  • A web interface that works at least as good as the starplayr did

3 11.54%
  • Sirius XM on XBOX 360

2 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    03-20-2009, 10:59 PM #1

What would like to see most from Sirius XM?

What could Sirius XM do next to make you happy?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-21-2009, 12:14 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Bundle radio with SAT/TV, and create a massive partnership of content.

Also, get that damn iphone/ipod application out pronto!!!

Get out there and advertise also, if the budget permits.

Insider buying for shareholders too!!!

Guru
    03-21-2009, 08:20 AM #3
    Im assuming the iphone app is coming so I voted better portable units. I have the XMP3 and if they can make one better than this than I would be amazed! (i know they can however so i am very excited to see the next gen)

I think portability is the key to todays generation of music lovers, the gym, the yard, the garage, the game, work....

(ps. their web application is a joke! starplayr was far far far superior)

03-21-2009, 10:22 AM #4
    They must expand their online service to include as many channels as possible, preferably ALL of them. The iPhone app will be great, but I won't be able to hear Fox News, America Right, other talk channels, sports play-by-play channels, etc. I realize some/all of this is due to contractual restrictions. If so, start re-working those contracts! We need all the content available or users of an iPhone app won't feel like they're getting the full service.

03-21-2009, 10:33 AM #5

what would i like see?

marketing

Banned
    03-21-2009, 12:59 PM #6
    1) Advertising supported free subscriptions
    2) All channels (or most of them) on the online feed - most importantly sports and financial news
    3) TV commercials - Start out advertising on Liberty assets
    4) User defined ad-supported channels - Could also be used to bring back some of the lost channels. Could also bring in more ad revenue
    5) More communication with customers via Facebook/Twitter - Online presence for every channel

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 11:42 PM #7
    No all of the above option?

Enthusiast
    03-27-2009, 12:08 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Fix that horrible Compressed Sound Codec I hear in my Truck, I'm running 4- 4 way speakers ( two Front and 2 Rear) on an alpine 150 WATT AMP, and its hard wired into my Ford Factory radios Head- unit CD player, so I know it's hooked up correctly...... its gotta sound better than THIS, my CDs & MP3s sound way better , I'm disappointed with the way Sirius XM sounds, the 128k online stream sounds a lot better........turning down the SAT-Radios Loudness, and turning down the Alpine Amp helps somewhat, but, not much........ still sounds a little compressed to me
    Last edited by denb45; 03-27-2009 at 12:44 AM.

Enthusiast
    03-27-2009, 08:43 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    Fix that horrible Compressed Sound Codec I hear in my Truck, I'm running 4- 4 way speakers ( two Front and 2 Rear) on an alpine 150 WATT AMP, and its hard wired into my Ford Factory radios Head- unit CD player, so I know it's hooked up correctly...... its gotta sound better than THIS, my CDs & MP3s sound way better , I'm disappointed with the way Sirius XM sounds, the 128k online stream sounds a lot better........turning down the SAT-Radios Loudness, and turning down the Alpine Amp helps somewhat, but, not much........ still sounds a little compressed to me

UPDATE........... I Fixed it...... here's how, when BestBuy Installed my Aux-In PIE-XM5-FRDN, they shut down the power and unpluged the Car Battery, so, all of my Ford Factory Radio setting got set back to default, no BASS, NO TREBLE, and NO FADER, Left, Right and Rear, so I had to re-set the Radio back to the way it was......added some BASS, TREBLE, and re-set the clock and fader-controls, now it sounds half-way decent.

I still had to turn-down the BASS as it was kinda loud to about half-way and turn the TREBLE all the way up, now I can hear the Highs and lows & Horns, and percussions in the music, don't know why I missed that one , it sounds a lot better now more like playing a CD or MP3, it's very close, and it has less compression now

I also noticed where I go thur-out the City and around Town, some times, the sound changes, but I forgot.........Albuquerque, NM is very High in elevation ( Like DENVER, Co.) about 2500 ft. above sea level, so that compression sound I'm hearing may be due to my ears-popping when I drive down form the Foothills into town, driving into the City is all-down-hill here in ABQ

03-28-2009, 08:54 AM #10
    The channels avaliable on the radio should be avaliable on the internet.

Page 1 of 2 12