Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-21-2009, 03:48 PM #11

My tip to CNN

Same message - this time to CNN:

CNN News Team:
    The tip I'd like to make is already being discussed at length on several investment bulletin boards - most specifically SIRIUS XM BUZZ (just type it into your google/search engine to find). There has been some extremely BLATANT and illegal manipulation taking place with the common shares of SIRIUS XM Radio - and if you need proof - take a look at the charts for the past three days (today is saturday 21 March 2009). In addition - if you need actual video proof - several of the investors have actually video captured the manipulation taking place. There has been an UPROAR in the sirius xm investor community calling for investigation of both NITE Trading Group and an entity that routes a large portion of the manipulation called "ISEG". Much better information than I can provide is posted directly on the bulletin board noted above. I am also an investor in the common shares. I and many of the investors (there are thousands) look forward to any assistance you could provide to expose this.

XXXXXXXX
    Active Duty Veteran, Investor, and Small Business Owner
    Link to the CNN tip line as follows:
    http://www.cnn.com/feedback/tips/newstips.html
    Last edited by Paratrooper_Rick; 03-21-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-21-2009, 04:13 PM #12

This time to Fox News

Here is the entire message I sent to Hannity's America/Fox News:

Dear Sean,

I want to start off thanking you for the great and honest news coverage you provide on a daily basis. We have tumbled into difficult times and any voice of reason that echos through the darkness will only help.

I write to you today carrying a message from small investors in this country who appear to need their voices heard... but a little background first.

I am an active-duty Soldier, a small business owner, and most recently (past year) an investor in common shares of several companies I believe in. I invest - as do many of my compatriots - in companies I believe portray the best of what corporate america should offer our society. Now to the reason for my plea for help -

As I became more involved in the investment bulletin boards and community at large - I became greatly appalled at the manipulation taking place in our markets. Unfortunately - I am not nearly as learned or eloquent as my investing friends - but I am 100% convinced that illegal manipulation of common shares for quite a few companies is taking place. Luckily - as you are likely aware - legislation is underway to reinstate "the uptick rule" and many of us are hopeful it will at least HELP our situation.

Now - I don't know if you have a brokerage account or can have a member of your staff pull up the charts for this past week - I am hoping you can. If you could take a moment of your time and check out the past week's chart for just SIRI ie. Sirius XM Radio - you will note one very blatant characteristic - HUGE spike drops in the share price - usually followed by a drop in the overall level of the share price for that day. These spikes are caused by huge block trades of MILLIONS of shares of the common stock. These spikes are being caused by manipulation through an entity called "ISEG" and much of the manipulation is complemented by a corrupt group called "Nite Trading Group." Each day - both ISEG and Nite Trading Group are causing hard working Americans to lose their hard earned money - money they planned to invest in the rebuilding of America through Sirius XM Radio.

Many of us have contacted both ISEG and Nite Trading Group directly and are being continually ignored. One of our brightest was even directly transferred straight to a law-firm in order to kill any further inquiries.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance your team could provide. There is much better explanation and open discussion of the situation on a site called "SIRIUS XM BUZZ" where many of us post continually and discuss the complete details of the manipulation. We have even video-captured the manipulation taking place as evidence.

I thank you for your time and implore you to check out the full description of the issue posted where I noted above,

XXXXXXXX X XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Active Duty Veteran, Small Business Owner, and Investor
    Fox News is a little more difficult to tip to. I couldn't find a good tip line - so I went straight to Sean Hannity's site and here is his email address:
    hannity@foxnews.com
    Last edited by Paratrooper_Rick; 03-21-2009 at 04:53 PM.

03-21-2009, 04:27 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SIRI4LIFE View Post
    I sure wish I knew what the hell I was looking at.
    My thoughts too. Anyone want to explain to me what's happening in those two videos?

Banned
    03-21-2009, 04:48 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    I know it's a little drastic - but has anyone considered putting it on youtube with a little editing and dialogue? If we don't get a response or action from the SEC - might help put the heat on a higher setting. I'm sure once the general public caught wind it would cause an outrage if done correctly. ISEG would be sweating canonballs versus bullets.

If it went on youtube and someone were to - theoretically - email some of the media outlets...

JMO
    Contact Jon Stewart / The Daily Show too. Seing that NITE was involved in some of this, and Mad Money had the CEO of NITE on the other week. It gives he another point on contend with CNBC about. It ties Cramer in with those who are manipulating. You can also include the video with Cramer and NITE talking about Sirius. If nobody else will touch the story, he might. He seems to be VERY irate about the coverage CNBC is providing.

If possible, might be good to get someone to add an explanation of the actions on the video (or provide times of manipulation), so they know what they are looking at. A video of the pushes down to .22/.25 would be the best

Banned
    03-21-2009, 04:57 PM #15
    Here is the entire message I sent to Hannity's America/Fox News:

Fox News is a little more difficult to tip to. I couldn't find a good tip line - so I went straight to Sean Hannity's site and here is his email address:
    hannity@foxnews.com
    You may also want to include a page to a site that provide the data for them
    http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:SIRI

You have to take the 1 day chart and zoom in (drag slider bar at bottom of chart) for the days you want (3/19/09 and 2/20/09). Problem with many charting programs, they tend to smooth the data. Those two days were much more dramatic that most sites will show.

Addict
    03-21-2009, 09:18 PM #16
    Same message - this time to CNN:

Link to the CNN tip line as follows:
    http://www.cnn.com/feedback/tips/newstips.html
    Para...

Good luck with your efforts. Who knows I guess..but I'm a little skeptical anything will be done. Personally I think it will be nearly impossible to prove those 100sh trades are not just legal shorts. And whenever say if a 500K block jumps in at a lower price, legally, it must be completely filled no matter how it may be tranched up or by whom. This wil be their defense. Further ISEG may be the MM effecting the trades but you would also have to know what the order was behind them. Yes, it looks like manipulation (we watched the same things happen for 6 months on teh way down), but even if so, I can't believe they don't have iron clad routing and source proof to back up what they are doing is "ostensibly legal". Your efforts are commended but you're up against city hall on this to put it mildly... good luck.

btw..for any future correspondence to other outlets: NITE is the ticker for Knight Equity Markets, L.P. (besides being a MM, they are also publically traded in their own right). Again..appreciate your efforts.

Addict
    03-21-2009, 10:34 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    Para...

Good luck with your efforts. Who knows I guess..but I'm a little skeptical anything will be done. Personally I think it will be nearly impossible to prove those 100sh trades are not just legal shorts. And whenever say if a 500K block jumps in at a lower price, legally, it must be completely filled no matter how it may be tranched up or by whom. This wil be their defense. Further ISEG may be the MM effecting the trades but you would also have to know what the order was behind them. Yes, it looks like manipulation (we watched the same things happen for 6 months on teh way down), but even if so, I can't believe they don't have iron clad routing and source proof to back up what they are doing is "ostensibly legal". Your efforts are commended but you're up against city hall on this to put it mildly... good luck.

btw..for any future correspondence to other outlets: NITE is the ticker for Knight Equity Markets, L.P. (besides being a MM, they are also publically traded in their own right). Again..appreciate your efforts.

para...

Sorry. NITE Is the ticker and MM disctinction of Knight Capital Group, Inc. Equity Markets is a subsidiary of Capital...

03-21-2009, 10:34 PM #18
    What are you guys smoking? Jon Stewart and Hannity cares about some obscure complicated stock trade like he would care if you emailed him and told him you had a cold.
    Last edited by jonpluc@aol.com; 03-21-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Banned
    03-21-2009, 10:51 PM #19
    sent to me via e-mail...
    Reading Market-Makers

How to read the hints that they give...

Many traders believe that Market Makers will "signal" moves in advance buy using small amounts of buys or sells as "signals". The "signals" are such a small amount of shares that no trader would have paid a commission that costs more than the amount of shares bought. The "signals" are from one market maker to another.

• 100 I need shares.
    • 200 I need shares badly, but do not take the stock down.
    • 300 Take the price down so I can load shares
    • 400 Keep trading it sideways.
    • 500 Gap the stock.

This is a theory put forth by a lot of penny stock traders. This is not a guaranteed trading method but can lend some insight to communications.

We've worked on OTC (NASDAQ) desks and worked with many actual market makers. We've never worked with the smallest of penny stock market makers, those trading shares below $0.10, but we can attest that many market makers will use certain signals that can be helpful - especially helpful for those of us trading small stocks, but not ones like the example above, the tiny stocks.

When a market maker is at the bid or offer showing 100 shares for sell or purchase, in a majority of the cases, he or she does not have 100 shares (only) for sale. Market makers are in the game to make money for themselves as well, while still executing orders for clients.

They will almost never show their hand to let others know what order they are working. For instance, let's say a market maker has an order, or know he will be getting an order to purchase 2,000 shares of a stock at $5.00. He will never bid for the full 2,000 shares. he will place a 100 or 200 share bid at $5.00. Why? Simple. What if there is someone, possibly another market maker hoping to sell 2,000 (or more) shares. If the market maker places all 2,000 shares at the bid at $5.00, the seller can them immediately put the shares to him and the trade is over, all 2,000 shares at $5.00.

The market maker with the bid will put up only 100-200 shares to see if any fish bite. If they do, he'll remember who sold him those shares and move his bid down to $4.95 or so and see if he can get more there. If he does, great, he'll keep working the price down as far as he can go to get the shares as cheaply as possible. Perhaps he now has 2,000 shares with an average price of $4.90. When his customer comes along with the order to buy the 2,000 shares at up to $5.00, he can then sell them to his customer at $4.95, or $5.00 for that matter. At $4.95, the customer is happy because he would have paid up to $5.00 per share and the market maker is happy because he made $0.05 on each share.

If the market maker put up a bid for the full 2,000 shares, that would cause many market makers to lift their price higher. Why not? They see that somebody out there has a decent order and they want to sell at the highest price possible. That's why many marker makers will never post more than 100-200 share bids or offers unless they have a very large order.

Even if the market maker would buy all 2,000 shares at $5.00. Perhaps he's busy and doesn't care to "work" the order for a better price, he'll still put only 100 to 200 shares on the bid. If someone offers him 2,000, he can accept that (he's only on the hook for the 100 or 200 he had listed) and close the trade if he wants.

Instances like this happen all of the time for many thousands of shares. Market makers try their best to make money like that, but it doesn't always work. If that market maker places too many shares at the bid, others will think he has a large order and they will move their sale (offer) price higher. In that case, either the buyer has to pay up, or the order won't go through and that market maker has no chance at making any cash, and his company has no chance at charging a commission.

If you do see a "real" market maker posting a large position, say 500 shares or more, there's usually plenty of more shares behind that. What we mean by a "real" market maker is an actual NASDAQ mm. In many cases, folks who place online orders through an online discount broker will place an order to buy or sell 500 shares or more. These will show with the firm's name, say "NITE" or "ISLD", who usually deal in online orders direct from clients. The market makers know this, so an order from ISLD at 500 shares will not move the market like an order showing for 500 shares from "RAJA" or Raymond James, if they make a market in that stock.

It can be fun to watch Level II quotes. If your broker makes them available for you, use them to watch the market makers and see what they are trying to do. Sometimes, you can guess right on what is happening.

For another quick example, let's say that a company you are looking to buy has announced that they are repurchasing their own stock - and a lot of it. They'll use a brokerage firm, of course. Watching the Level II quotes may let you know who might have the order and what they are willing to pay. Let's say Raymond James (RAJA) has been bidding all week for shares at $1.00, and almost never moved. They've been buying at that level all week. The next week, RAJA is nowhere to be found, but another broker is now bidding the same way. You can almost bank on it that the company is willing to pay at least $1.00 for their shares and will soak up almost any number of shares to keep the price there. They are also spreading around the order to several brokers to keep them happy. In 99% of the time, they will be brokers who research that company's stock. The only way researchers get paid and make any money doing the research is by getting orders. Company's will almost always send these orders to the firms that research them as a 'thank you' for the research (as long as it's positive). Buying those shares, if you already like that company, at $1.00 would make a nice bet as the company looks like they are willing to do what it takes to place a floor at $1.00 and keep that stock there or above.

How can you be sure it's the company's order? Here's a VERY important tip: When a company is buying their own shares back, they cannot be the first trade, and cannot trade in the last half-hour of the day. So, if we do see RAJA or others bidding for shares and that bid disappears at 3:30 ET, a half-hour before the market closes, you've found the company's broker - at least for that day or week.

http://falconstocks.com/information/...rketmakers.htm

Mentor
    03-22-2009, 12:13 AM #20
    I added jmm232's links at the top of this thread to consolidate everything we have thus far....

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...