Page 18 of 37 ... 8161718192028 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-20-2009, 03:27 PM #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Gambler View Post
    I know blood is squirting out of my eyes...where is my duct tape?
    you can borrow some of mine - after I use it to repair these newest holes in my walls...

03-20-2009, 03:29 PM #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    What part of that article is inaccurate besides those points where the author clearly states the statements are his opinion? I just don't get the black helicopter conspiracy theories that swirl around every negative article that's released.

I totally agree. Quite frankly I don't see how anyone can form an objective opinion which differs about this stock/company. After the events of this past week, I feel like I am starting to switch to the dark side myself. This stock is such a f-ing joke, and the punchline sucks.

03-20-2009, 03:30 PM #173

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Koop, I dont know about if you have a margin account. I do know about them not being able to just lend out your shares if you are not on a margin account because I called both about just that to make sure they could not lend out my shares. Etrade said we dont do that without asking first and Scottrade said that they dont do it period, after that I did not even bother calling Fidelity. I will say this if you are only selling a 1/3 of your shares then you are good to go for at least 3 times. I'll say it one more time the warning they give you is meaningless as long as you have others shares. As an example; If i have 100,000 shares and I sell 20,000 of them then buy 20,000 back and then sell 20,000 they will sent you a alert it means nothing because once they check your account they will see you had other shares that were settled. I do have personal knowledge on this one because I did it and called them when I got the notice and explained to them they looked at the account and said dont worry about it.
    Interesting info John, thanks. I gonna try calling my local Scottrade today and see why my statement says "returned" shares.
    koop

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-20-2009, 03:37 PM #174
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyyunk View Post
    I totally agree. Quite frankly I don't see how anyone can form an objective opinion which differs about this stock/company. After the events of this past week, I feel like I am starting to switch to the dark side myself. This stock is such a f-ing joke, and the punchline sucks.
    If you think this stock is such a damn joke then WHY in the hell are you even here? Do you own any stock in SIRI? NO?

Again - note the number of posts... another new poster that emerges out of nowhere and suddenly decides this is an appropriate place to bash SIRI...

Do you even KNOW anything about this company? take your comments back to yahoo where they belong....... or at least remain objective.... there is no place on this board for propagandist bashers and if you'd done your research you'd know that....

03-20-2009, 03:41 PM #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    My point exactly - and for that matter - is it just me or have about 50% of the newer posters recently seemed to lean toward bashing.....
    New poster (long lurker) here, and I'm positive.

Just reading, learning, and watching the drama while I remain LONG on SIRI.

With this particular stock, you seem to get a show along with your dinner. Kinda' like a Wall St. dinner theatre, of sorts.

Banned
    03-20-2009, 03:41 PM #176
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    So short term is generic enough to mean 1 day - 1year? That is where I am a little fuzzy.

Thanks for response
    short term is generally just that from 1 day to a few months

03-20-2009, 03:45 PM #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Did I call the article inaccurate? I said that they continue their "bashing"......
    I interpret bashing as being untruthfully negative about something. The question was actually quite innocent - I was curious if you disagreed with anything that was said in the article as a baseline for understanding what you meant when you said these clowns were continuing to bash the stock. It sort of implies that there some untruths embedded in there and I couldn't find them. No biggy. : )

Banned
    03-20-2009, 03:45 PM #178
    Usuing my amateur charting techniques...... it looks to me like we get between .2960 and .3000 close (unless news breaks).

Around .42 by April 1st

Banned
    03-20-2009, 03:47 PM #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    I interpret bashing as being untruthfully negative about something. The question was actually quite innocent - I was curious if you disagreed with anything that was said in the article as a baseline for understanding what you meant when you said these clowns were continuing to bash the stock. It sort of implies that there some untruths embedded in there and I couldn't find them. No biggy. : )
    My definition is focusing on the things that could be perceived as neagtive when you leave out inconvenient positive facts

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-20-2009, 03:47 PM #180
    Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper_rick View Post
    you can borrow some of mine - after i use it to repair these newest holes in my walls...
    siriusly funny!!!

Page 18 of 37 ... 8161718192028 ...