Page 15 of 37 ... 5131415161725 ...
    Guru
    03-20-2009, 01:40 PM #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    John - quick question - how low do you think we'll drop before the trend turns back up...?

Now if it is about SIRIXM I also dont have a clue as to how low it will go. Then again I dont think anyone else does ether really. Lets face it this stock is one of the most confusing stocks any of us has held, it has almost always done the opposite that you would expect. As an example everytime good news came out on SIRIXM what happen to the PPS? Thats right it went down, so go figure man. What I am saying is I would never sell any sizable portion of share I have held for so long. you are taking to big of a chance the stock could take a huge jump up and lose out big time.
    Last edited by Newman; 03-21-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: unnecessary comment removed

03-20-2009, 01:41 PM #142
    It may hurt as I believe the Margin gave you the option of not waiting for funds to settle before making more trades...sl62..cos..relmore..john...etc....is that correct?

also i believe is read that you can request that a broker not lend your shares... any others know if this is correct?

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-20-2009, 01:46 PM #143
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Now if it is about SIRIXM I also dont have a clue as to how low it will go. Then again I dont think anyone else does ether really. Lets face it this stock is one of the most confusing stocks any of us has held, it has almost always done the opposite that you would expect. As an example everytime good news came out on SIRIXM what happen to the PPS? Thats right it went down, so go figure man. What I am saying is I would never sell any sizable portion of share I have held for so long. you are taking to big of a chance the stock could take a huge jump up and lose out big time.
    Was talking about SIRI XM - thanks for the advice... I'm pinging several of you to temper my own opinion on where it's going... So far - I think the best play I've got with this - based on your/cos/relmor/demian's views - is to partition my holding and separate my overall core from a speculative block (about 25%) and simply wait for ten to twenty cent swings...

At least this is what i'll try for now - if it works then I'll let you all know - if not - I'll still have my original core averaged at .13 and won't touch it.
    Last edited by Newman; 03-21-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: unnecessary comment removed

Guru
    03-20-2009, 01:50 PM #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Koop View Post
    It may hurt as I believe the Margin gave you the option of not waiting for funds to settle before making more trades...sl62..cos..relmore..john...etc....is that correct?

also i believe is read that you can request that a broker not lend your shares... any others know if this is correct?

Well I dont mess with margin but I do know you cant buy SIRIXM anyways with it until it at least gets up past a buck. If you had it in margin before it droped below a buck then the margin gos to 100%. As to the other Etrade will not mess with your shares unless they get your OK on it and then they give you some money for it. Scottrade wont thouch them ether and you dont even have to tell them to leave them alone.

03-20-2009, 01:51 PM #145
    I am just waiting for CNBC's predicted 1400 (thats 2 PM for you civilian types) short covering. Get your popcorn and beer now so you don't miss it.
    Last edited by mogami; 03-20-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-20-2009, 01:58 PM #146
    John, that was my understanding as well. But it sure seems that there are mechanisms to circumvent policies and regulations, so I figured that I would err on the side of paranoia

Mentor
    03-20-2009, 02:00 PM #147
    Remember yesterday when CNBC was saying there would be all of this short covering going into options expiration today? What a bunch of clowns.....

Like there wasn't already short covering during the those 6 out of 7 days run up?

I told you guys the market would tank yesterday and today. No way those crooks would let those strike prices go...

I only bought SIRI because it got so cheap and doesn't trade with the market most of the time.....

03-20-2009, 02:01 PM #148

just a thought

ok, sometimes I place buy and sell orders that are just a bit outside of what i think the day's range will be, for example if we use today as an example i might place a buy order at $.25 and a sell order at $.33. And I'm sure I'm not the only person that has orders like this outside the days range.

Thinking about this has me wondering. . . .does this help the MM's get away with their manipulation because they can simply reference these unfilled orders as evidence that they were operating within an acceptable range when they drive the price down (ie: "Hey Mr. SEC guy, look here. . . these are unfilled orders that are lower than the ones that I am placing, so no foul.")

I am relatively inexperienced at this, so just thought I'd throw this out here for some comments. . . .

03-20-2009, 02:01 PM #149
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Well I dont mess with margin but I do know you cant buy SIRIXM anyways with it until it at least gets up past a buck. If you had it in margin before it droped below a buck then the margin gos to 100%. As to the other Etrade will not mess with your shares unless they get your OK on it and then they give you some money for it. Scottrade wont thouch them ether and you dont even have to tell them to leave them alone.
    John,
    Last month my Scottrade account showed that 5000 shares were returned. Somebody borrowed them and Scott lent them.....Funny but I never saw any statement saying they were lent
    koop

03-20-2009, 02:03 PM #150
    Quote Originally Posted by sjte5409 View Post
    ok, sometimes I place buy and sell orders that are just a bit outside of what i think the day's range will be, for example if we use today as an example i might place a buy order at $.25 and a sell order at $.33. And I'm sure I'm not the only person that has orders like this outside the days range.

Thinking about this has me wondering. . . .does this help the MM's get away with their manipulation because they can simply reference these unfilled orders as evidence that they were operating within an acceptable range when they drive the price down (ie: "Hey Mr. SEC guy, look here. . . these are unfilled orders that are lower than the ones that I am placing, so no foul.")

I am relatively inexperienced at this, so just thought I'd throw this out here for some comments. . . .
    well we would really be in trouble. There are always asks of 2000.00 and bids of .0001

Page 15 of 37 ... 5131415161725 ...