03-16-2009, 10:23 PM #1

excuse me, this thing on?

Hey folks,

I thought that I would, after lurking for a few weeks, introduce myself.

The short side of the story is that we (the wife & I) went 17k into Siri way back when...many of you know the "when" that I refer to. After taking a complete beating, we opted to sell off everything for tax purposes in 2007.

Ho-Mel was the reason that we got in. Ironically, they're the reason that we got back in last August @ 1.70 - just after Mel's speech re: the merger.

There really wasn't much discussion re: the company. Our wager was & to a large extent, still is, on the egos of Ho-Mel. Those guys just aren't the type to just give up and go home. Neither of them need money - it's really about winning & losing.

We've now been fortunate enough to have bought more shares at the right time & now sit with far more than we intended but are glad to have averaged down to $0.32.

We're not exactly stockbuying folks, typically. So, I'm afraid that I won't be of much use on the technical side.

I always welcome advice & dissent. I do appreciate that appropriate tone be used when correcting me. You all have my word that I will do the same.

I want you all to know that your words & wisdom have been - and continue to be - appreciated.

Further, I would like to relate my appreciation for the creators of this forum and for the wonderful and inciteful news articles. While I may not completely agree with everything written - I am in gratitude for the efforts that you all have put forth.

All the best to all of you, and yours...

Ramsey

Enthusiast
    03-16-2009, 10:42 PM #2
    Nice view!

Banned
    03-16-2009, 10:51 PM #3
    Welcome! I used to live in SD myself. In fact I've lived in Santee, La Mesa, El Cajon and the city of SD. I forgot how it all worked out. I hope to retire one day to La Jolla (pronounced La Hoya for those of you who are not from there)
    . Went to Grossmont and Santana, and my first son was born there too.

Enthusiast
    03-16-2009, 11:00 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Hey folks,

I thought that I would, after lurking for a few weeks, introduce myself.

The short side of the story is that we (the wife & I) went 17k into Siri way back when...many of you know the "when" that I refer to. After taking a complete beating, we opted to sell off everything for tax purposes in 2007.

Ho-Mel was the reason that we got in. Ironically, they're the reason that we got back in last August @ 1.70 - just after Mel's speech re: the merger.

There really wasn't much discussion re: the company. Our wager was & to a large extent, still is, on the egos of Ho-Mel. Those guys just aren't the type to just give up and go home. Neither of them need money - it's really about winning & losing.

We've now been fortunate enough to have bought more shares at the right time & now sit with far more than we intended but are glad to have averaged down to $0.32.

We're not exactly stockbuying folks, typically. So, I'm afraid that I won't be of much use on the technical side.

I always welcome advice & dissent. I do appreciate that appropriate tone be used when correcting me. You all have my word that I will do the same.

I want you all to know that your words & wisdom have been - and continue to be - appreciated.

Further, I would like to relate my appreciation for the creators of this forum and for the wonderful and inciteful news articles. While I may not completely agree with everything written - I am in gratitude for the efforts that you all have put forth.

All the best to all of you, and yours...

Ramsey
    a refreshing post for the night, i too sold out in 08 for the tax loss, have been in and out since attempting to recoupe...some sirius chatter tonite

Mentor
    03-17-2009, 02:27 AM #5
    tuck, same here. Got out in december for tax loss. Bought back in in January at 0.11 and then after the BK scare at 0.058. That was a nice average down. =) Overall (including my first buy) I am right about even, after adding in the tax savings.

Ramsey, I welcome you (and your wife if she reads over your shoulder). Feel free to become more involved. I would avoid the SIRI intraday thread though. It can get rough in there!

03-17-2009, 01:26 PM #6

Thanks all

Your welcome is most appreciated.

It looks like I spoke up at the right time, as it appears that today is playing out quite nicely for all of us here.

As of this moment, I'm not certain what emotions are going on in my head - it's just absolutely fantastic to see Sirius XM on the rise!

So, yes...thanks & best to all of you and yours!

btw:

RMAN: that view is from Mt Ryan inside of the Joshua Tree National Park.

Brandon: I've been in Sandy Eggo for roughly fifteen years & have bounced all over the county. As far north as Leucadia, south to Chula Vista, west to Sunset Cliffs (access to private beach!), and east to the College Area. I went to Grossmont & then to SDSU. Business/Social Science on the pieces of paper on the wall.

My work, however, is photography. And for a spell, my studio was in the Birdrock section of La Jolla. I do miss it - there's something to say about being two blocks from the ocean. Not a bad gig, indeed.

Tuck/Newman: I must say, it was quite painful to sell. As was then and as was now; all things come to pass. And, we are so much better off today...well, relatively speaking ;-)

Oh, and Newman, "the wife" doesn't get *that* involved anymore. She reads the articles that I forward to her & she'll glance at the numbers every now and again. While we've not attended "Sirius-Anonymous", yet...something tells me that she's not particularly interested in getting sucked back in.

She says that I'm obsessed.

Oh well...

Have a great day!