Page 1 of 9 123 ...
    Mentor
    03-16-2009, 02:12 PM #1

Sirius founder had a sex change and is now a woman and a total bitch!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031601493.html

Sirius Founder Says Company Won't Be Able To Compete
    Rory Maher
    paidContent.org
    Monday, March 16, 2009; 1:07 PM

Few would argue that Sirius (NSDQ: SIRI) is in good shape?the company has massive debt obligations and is struggling with a drop in new subscribers?but its founder is more pessimistic than most about the company's future. In a long interview with Fortune Magazine, Martine Rothblatt, who started the company in 1990, said she thinks it won't be able to compete with online services like internet radio once the latter become available in cars and other devices. Rothblatt told the magazine "there's going to be ever more bandwidth available to distribute content totally via terrestrial cellular infrastructure. And that will leave fewer and fewer unique market attributes to satellite radio." She believes as cellular networks evolve, there will be more room for streaming services like Pandora Radio or AOL (NYSE: TWX) Radio, and that people will be able to hear them, too, on car stereos and cellphones.

Rothblatt (she was a male when she founded Sirius; 'Martin' underwent a sex change in 1994) believes satellite radio missed the ideal window of opportunity when drawn-out discussions with the FCC over broadcasting licenses caused the service's launch to be delayed until 2002?she had anticipated the launch happening in the mid-to-late nineties. Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin, of course, sees the company's prospects differently. In the same Fortune story, he says that despite the increased competition from internet radio, Sirius will be fine because it introduces listeners to new music that may not be in their iPod libraries and has exclusive content from sources like Howard Stern and CNN.

Sirius has been a fixture in the news the last couple months, with the drama surrounding Karmazin's attempts to deal with its debt and Liberty's John Malone decision to throw the company a lifeline by investing in the company. Last week, Sirius announced it had narrowed its net loss in the fourth quarter of 2008 but added many fewer subscribers than the previous year's quarter, raising concerns about its vulnerability to the weak economy. In a telling move, particularly in light of Rothblatt's comments, Sirius announced last week that it would be including its service as an application on the iPhone, which will allow iPhone users to stream Sirius or XM via 3G wireless.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-16-2009, 02:14 PM #2
    Good call Demian!!!

Enthusiast
    03-16-2009, 02:18 PM #3
    Interesting timing of this article......

Enthusiast
    03-16-2009, 02:21 PM #4
    She is getting back at Howard Stern and SiriusXM for making fun of her on his show.

Guru
    03-16-2009, 02:24 PM #5
    any1 who with goes and has a sex change in my mind has some serious issues and should not be taken seriously, being gay is one thing chopping your balls off is another. I saw this guy get interviewed on stern when he first came to Sirius. Weirdo.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 03-16-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-16-2009, 02:25 PM #6
    Our Founder...., M. Rothblatt - the Father, I mean Mother, of Satellite Radio...

and so it all makes perfect sense now, all of it, everything about sirius xm.... right from the start, things were hopelessly destined to be a tad funky from the very beginning..

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 02:25 PM #7
    TOTAL BITCH!!!!!!

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 02:30 PM #8
    BITCH!!!!!

Enthusiast
    03-16-2009, 02:35 PM #9
    Hot. Kinda cute. Sexy.

I recently had a sex change, too, involuntarily though.
    I'd done gone bought a whole bunch of shares of this new fangled
    satellite radio company, at like three and half dollars, and
    then for some crazy reason it decided to go down to like a few nickels
    a share, and in the process, it took away my manhood,
    my virility, my balls, my sense of purpose in life, my belief that good would win over evil

i'm just not even Half the man i used to be; i'm about 20 cents over three and a half bucks of it, actually

oh well

gotta get back to watchin oprah

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 02:56 PM #10
    BITCH!!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ...