Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...
    Guru
    03-16-2009, 10:31 PM #51
    no to mention once they hjave to start paying royalties like sat rad.

Head Honcho
    03-16-2009, 10:58 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    internet radio is a joke, just wait there are many reasons it wont ever take off in a main stream way.
    It already has.

Omg its so hard to come up with the idea of sat radio!!!! lets see we have sat phones sat tv and oh yeah i got it sat radio!!!! im a genius!!!!!!!
    She didn't just come up with the idea, she developed it. Back in 1983 BTW. Of course it doesn't sound amazing in 2009 but you are forgetting she launched her first of four satellite companies in 1983... 26 years ago. Back before you even had cable television.

She was also retained by NASA to obtain FCC approval for the IEEE c-band system on its tracking and data relay satellites and by the National Academy of Sciences' Committee on Radio Frequencies to safeguard before the FCC radio astronomy quiet bands used for deep space research.

Let me reiterate... she was retained by NASA. Has NASA ever knocked on your door?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 10:59 PM #53
    no to mention once they hjave to start paying royalties like sat rad.
    Music industry will kill internet radio as a free service. Its a non issue. Someone up with the times should know that pandora listeners are getting sick of the repeat songs, and the NON VARIETY. Its boring after a while, and the need to keep reminding you your listening is annoying. Ads are getting bigger, longer to load, and more annoying as well. They wont be in business long enough to matter. Didnt MUSAK just go out of business? Once you buy SATRD you dont go back. Ive never seen it in my experience.

03-16-2009, 11:00 PM #54
    I have to agree with Charles on this one: what someone does with their body is immaterial to whatever opinion they have. I have my opinions about people that do things to themselves, but shouldn't we judge an opinion based on what was said as opposed to body parts? I understand that many folks don't like negative opinions being shared by high profile entities (people, news orgs or what have you), but you do have to let certain things go and listen to what they're saying.

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 11:01 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It already has.

She didn't just come up with the idea, she developed it. Back in 1983 BTW. Of course it doesn't sound amazing in 2009 but you are forgetting she launched her first of four satellite companies in 1983... 26 years ago. Back before you even had cable television.

She was also retained by NASA to obtain FCC approval for the IEEE c-band system on its tracking and data relay satellites and by the National Academy of Sciences' Committee on Radio Frequencies to safeguard before the FCC radio astronomy quiet bands used for deep space research.

Let me reiterate... she was retained by NASA. Has NASA ever knocked on your door?
    So when you are shutting the site down then? Since you already sold your stock, and you think the company is doomed? Will Tyler or Brandon be keeping the site open, or are you bunch of babies still crying over that articles to think about it yet?
    The news you choose to listen to is amazing. Shes not any expert on consumer products or marketing. Shes a nerd that decided to be a man, that is bitter this is happening when shes not a part of it. If you cant see that, then I really cant help you.
    O, do you want me to post the 100 articles by Brandon and Tyler "irresponsibly" pumping this stock from Jan to June of 08 and beyond? Or can you just go look back on them for yourself? Since they were wrong 400 days at least or more straight, does that make then irresponsible, wrong, or just late?
    Irresponsible journalism is all you get in the media, but now is the time for honesty and honor huh? Unfricken believable.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 03-16-2009 at 11:04 PM.

Head Honcho
    03-16-2009, 11:05 PM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by RMAN View Post
    Internet radio will make it easier for everyone to have a radio station, but not everyone will have content you want to listen too!

Sirius will beat them to the punch by expanding their internet presence.
    I agree but, Howard Stern isn't going to be around forever. They need to develop and secure the future.

I also hope to all hell that they expand their internet presence but, I have no reason to believe that they will. Nothing has changed in over 3 years... not one simple update to their archaic media player. I don't even know how happy I will be if they finally do because I will always question if management did it because everyone with a pen was writing about how stupid they were for not doing it. The reality is that this kind of stuff is relatively peanuts and if it were their own in-house idea... it would have been done years ago and it would still be on ongoing process today.

I work for a software company, we put out new versions of our software with expanded features on a quarterly basis. Thats nothing special, anyone who does this kind of stuff for a living would tell you the same thing.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 11:05 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    I have to agree with Charles on this one: what someone does with their body is immaterial to whatever opinion they have. I have my opinions about people that do things to themselves, but shouldn't we judge an opinion based on what was said as opposed to body parts? I understand that many folks don't like negative opinions being shared by high profile entities (people, news orgs or what have you), but you do have to let certain things go and listen to what they're saying.
    Because she decided sat technology would be useful as a radio delivery system gives you no "special" qualities to forcast the future. Its a no brainer then, and its a no brainer now. When you grow to 20 million subs, and now you bash it, come one. ANd to reprint the article quotes... Nice timing. LOL Shes a joke, and shes obviously has problems.
    lol
    Thats irresponsible, and unnecessary. Your hilarious Charlie.

03-16-2009, 11:06 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Music industry will kill internet radio as a free service. Its a non issue. Someone up with the times should know that pandora listeners are getting sick of the repeat songs, and the NON VARIETY. Its boring after a while, and the need to keep reminding you your listening is annoying. Ads are getting bigger, longer to load, and more annoying as well. They wont be in business long enough to matter. Didnt MUSAK just go out of business? Once you buy SATRD you dont go back. Ive never seen it in my experience.
    If pandora listeners are sick of repeat content, remember that inventions are borne from necessity. Someone will eventually find the balance between what a listener will tolerate and a model that can capitalize on it. My personal opinion is that Sirius will die if it take evolution lessons from Netflix. Those guys seriously have their shit together and shows you the difference between a business model that's adapted and a model that hasn't.

Hope is obviously not lost but the fat lady hasn't exactly left the building either.

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 11:08 PM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by RMAN View Post
    I believe I read an article, that the Wi-max group was slowing down their roll out; because of a lack of money!

Internet radio will make it easier for everyone to have a radio station, but not everyone will have content you want to listen too!

Sirius will beat them to the punch by expanding their internet presence.
    Pandora content is the same songs over and over and over again. About much threat to SiriusXM as Clear Channel is, and we know where they are going. The only thing holding back this company now is competent management, lets see if they are competent now that they are funded, and can focus on their future(which they should have already been doing).

03-16-2009, 11:10 PM #60
    any1 who with goes and has a sex change in my mind has some serious issues and should not be taken seriously, being gay is one thing chopping your balls off is another. I saw this guy get interviewed on stern when he first came to sirius. Weirdo.
    word...what he said

Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...