Page 120 of 153 ... 2070110118119120121122130 ...
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1528
    03-19-2009, 02:18 AM #1191
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    Hey - why don't Brandon, Tyler, and Charles upgrade and do a show... that would be REAL entertainment... but we need to talk brandon into wearing the pointy hat...

We would all love to have the show back, please dont make me beg, becuase I will.

Mentor
    03-19-2009, 02:24 AM #1192
    To all of you nightowls...have a great day tomorrow!!!! Calling it a day!

Addict
    03-19-2009, 02:28 AM #1193
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I own some Ford as well. It has been doing well over the past few days.

That being said, I think all of these stocks are due for a pullback. As good as it has been, there has to be a red day somewhere. If you look at the most common pullbacks, you see it pulls back about 50% from its initial point. I will call that 0.14. Take the difference (0.38-0.14=0.24) divide by 2 (0.24/2=0.12) and you could see a 0.12 pullback from current levels. That would mean a pullback to 0.26.

This sounds harsh, but you have to realize that this is a 33% pullback, compared to the 300% or more gains that people have pulled in on shares bought at low levels. (for those that bought in at 0.05, today's 40 cents represents 800% return on investment)

I believe this pullback will be TEMPORARY, and the uptrend will continue. Be careful buying at current levels.

Newman...

Thanks for the post. The trouble we have is we are still in correction mode. We don't know what big money exactly is still wanting to get in or when. I certainly agree that there will be a pull back eventually but first it has to be proven that buying has dried up (at least temporarily).. That was not proven today at least, or in AH. I think more people are fearing missing the boat which is keeping interest high. And in the face of that kind of continued buying interest, shorts are essentially neutralized, in fact they are even vulnerable. They can hold but not drive down. The SP is still too low for enough selling to overtake the buying pressure. If the right player shows up any day with the right share load, it has every chance of causing the shorts to retreat again. It's conceiveable that we could finish this week even higher then maybe pull back slightly. Personaly, just like in any other market run, I think we're going to need some kind of capitulation event, which most likely will be violent up and then a free fall to some level then a bounce and settle. That may be how this correction takes a breather. 9 or 10 up days here is not out of the question before a pull back of your description. All depends how many more want in. IMVHO...

03-19-2009, 02:29 AM #1194
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Crazy

There is nothing worse than a liar on his first post! If you are from Texas....you would know that it is the Great Republic of Texas!!!!!

Just kidding...Welcome...These guys are really passionate about SiriusXM and making money...Sometimes, they may go overboard, but they mean no harm...Call them out...and they will treat you like the readheaded stepchild...

Best of all, many of them give out pretty good advice!!!! Read the blog for a while and you will begin to pick out the good from the dipsticks!!!

Now don't be a stranger! I live in San Antonio, Tripp is from San Antonio, Newman is from Dallas!! So, don't make us look bad!!lol
    Unfortunately I'm I Orange County CA transplant (came over to houston in high school circa 1993) so I missed the details of Texas history. I've got the basics down - Texans beat out the Mexicans and established Texas as an independent nation. America begged Texas to become part of the US and TX agreed - with very important specific terms. Although I won't go into the real terms of statehood, as a sophmore in HS I learned that football is more important than any past events. And I agree - although I was too small, slow and unathletic to play at the next level, there's nothing on this planet that can rival TX Football under Friday Night Lights (except maybe a bounce to $2 for SIRI).

Addict
    03-19-2009, 02:31 AM #1195
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Sl62

Siri...only up .035 today...Feel cheated! Can get use to .05 -.08 up days.

But Mel gave me back another 3500 today. Need just 14k more to be whole.

Have a great day tomorrow!!!!!
    js...

that's how to do it...

ditto

night para and all...see ya 0800..

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-19-2009, 02:36 AM #1196
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    js...

that's how to do it...

ditto

night para and all...see ya 0800..
    yep - I'm out too... see you all in the morning...

I'm thinking tomorrow will be a good day...

Enthusiast
    03-19-2009, 02:36 AM #1197
    hahaha, just heard it on tonights "Moment of Zen" from The Daily Show. President Obama was doing an interview and filling out the NCAA Basketball brackets the way he thought it would go down and mentioned that he would be busy with the upcoming NATO summit but that they would be watchin on Air Force One. He said... and I quote "Air Force One DOES have Direct TV" Go Liberty, Go SIRI

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-19-2009, 06:41 AM #1198
    Just read this on a news report, what does it mean
    Sirius XM notes registered for trading
    2009-03-18 15:42:00
    Font size:
    That $172.5 million of notes due in 2011 that Sirius XM swapped for notes that would have been due in December have now been registered for public trading. So, we now know that the biggest chunk was held by a group of John Hancock bond funds. What we don’t know is whether the old notes were bought at the original issue price, or later at a deep discount.

Six different John Hancock funds are listed as holders of the notes in the SEC filing to register the new issue for public trading. In all, the John Hancock funds hold notes with a face value of $55,395,000. Goldman Sachs and Co. is next with $32,808,000 held by its various units, plus another $16,775,000 held by Goldman-managed Liberty Harbor Master Fund I LP. Long Island International Limited, controlled by Barclays Capital, and Credit Suisse Securities are each listed as holding $20 million. 10 other investment funds hold the remainder.

Under terms of the swap, the new notes will bear interest at the same 10% rate as the old notes through December 1, 2009, to be paid in cash. From then until December 1, 2010 the notes carry a cash interest payment of 10% plus a payment in kind (PIK) payment of 2% annually in new notes. From December 1, 2010 to the final maturity date of June 1, 2011 the cash payment will be at an annual rate of 10% and the PIK payment at an annual rate of 4%.

03-19-2009, 07:35 AM #1199
    I would not be surprised to see a pullback today and then start running again Friday or Monday.

Banned
    03-19-2009, 08:00 AM #1200
    Have all the troops gone AWOL?