Page 3 of 4 1234
    03-14-2009, 10:59 PM #21
    Thanks everyone for your input on this issue!!! Good info!!!

03-14-2009, 11:51 PM #22

Angry Mel, No reverse split till this market environment improves!

reverse split can and will backfire in a bad economy. if we do a reverse now, we will get killed by the shorts! Look at what happened to Sun Microsystems last year (ticker JAVA). They did a reverse 4 for 1 then...Bam, they are right back to the price they started at.

Mel, No Reverse Splits till this market improves! or we may as well just throw our money right out the window.

Im perfectly happy dealing with a cheap stock price. Let it come back on its own!

Also: To all SIRIUS owners. We must get our contracts in order. Like the American consumer we service, SIRIUS is spending way too much money on entertainment it cant afford to have on the books. We dont need all these expensive contracts! We can not please everyone in North America. The business model has to make sense.

Dogstar
    Last edited by Dogstar; 03-16-2009 at 09:57 PM.

03-15-2009, 02:09 PM #23
    A reverse split should not even be considered until some type of regulations from the SEC or the Feds (Dept of Justice) is put in to place to stop short selling and the rest of the manipulation of this stock.

You want to see a short sellers wet dream, go ahead and do a R/S.

If everyone believes that SiriusXM will be profitable over the next three to five years, Let SiriusXM buy shares back. That is what a company is suppose to do.

imho
    vaporgold

03-15-2009, 05:05 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporgold View Post
    A reverse split should not even be considered until some type of regulations from the SEC or the Feds (Dept of Justice) is put in to place to stop short selling and the rest of the manipulation of this stock.

You want to see a short sellers wet dream, go ahead and do a R/S.

If everyone believes that SiriusXM will be profitable over the next three to five years, Let SiriusXM buy shares back. That is what a company is suppose to do.

imho
    vaporgold

Could not have said it better, with out the uptick rule back in place, a reverse split is just an open invitation to short this stock back to where it is right now, and then we would all be finished.

03-15-2009, 06:29 PM #25

So based on the great posts in this thread...

Is there not a chance for the current issues as currently constituted to increase above $2, $3, $5 or even $10 per share before any split is consumated in this year or next? Are the numbers that Homer has posited essentially the best we can expect for the price to naturally appreciate without a RS? Based on his posts, I can only expect to break even prior to a split, which would really bum me out (but I guess it's better than the alternative!).

Mentor
    03-15-2009, 11:11 PM #26

Homer...

Homer.....................
    You will be surprised, if my theory is correct, on the number of insitutional buyers from Jan to March of this year. Since we wont know the numbers until these institutions must report their Q1 purchases, it will be a long wait. Also the next short interest report will reveal a drop, if my theory is correct as well. If so, the short interest will have dropped to under or right around 100 million.
    This stock is simply waiting, IMVHO, for the longs to stop adding, longs to start taking small gains(dwindling share count), and for the right time to be reevaluated and recognized by the MM's, and move and stay higher permanently.(and keep day traders and short term traders away from it as much as possible(this is usually the game with any stock going on an upchannel(which Sirius is in, and has been for a bit now).

I see gains or losses of a few cents a week, but overall month to month gains. Up and down. If Q2 and q3 realize factors that are possible(I can discuss these later) then we should clear and hold .50 cents by the end of the year, at least.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 03-15-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-15-2009, 11:18 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Homer.....................
    You will be surprised, if my theory is correct, on the number of insitutional buyers from Jan to March of this year. Since we wont know the numbers until these institutions must report their Q1 purchases, it will be a long wait. Also the next short interest report will reveal a drop, if my theory is correct as well. If so, the short interest will have dropped to under or right around 100 million.
    This stock is simply waiting, IMVHO, for the longs to stop adding, longs to start taking small gains(dwindling share count), and for the right time to be reevaluated and recognized by the MM's, and move and stay higher permanently.(and keep day traders and short term traders away from it as much as possible(this is usually the game with any stock going on an upchannel(which Sirius is in, and has been for a bit now).

I see gains or losses of a few cents a week, but overall month to month gains. Up and down. If Q2 and q3 realize factors that are possible(I can discuss these later) then we should clear and hold .50 cents by the end of the year, at least.
    Rel,

What do you think is the longterm outlook for this stock. How long will this severe dillution hold the SP down?

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 12:33 AM #28
    Vapor

I believe that Homer has posted on more than one thread that due to covenants in many of the lending agreements that XM has, the company cannot buy back any stock until these bonds etc have been repaid!!!! A buy back would be great. But not happening in the next 5 years IMHO

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 01:28 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by xitvp View Post
    Rel,

What do you think is the longterm outlook for this stock. How long will this severe dillution hold the SP down?
    When the majority of insitutional Q1 reports have come in, and the short interest report, validating my theory on big money now on our side, I would think my projection mentioned above was achievable. Due to dilution, and a short interest from 2014 this stock will have trouble clearing the $1 mark, as it makes it easier to manipulate below that level. To give it the final oomph, they might just clear it by the R/S, and cheat. This will at a good moment in time, as it has risen from a time, and its from a position of strength. Reducing share count, and attracting more instiutional interest(margins are important, must be over $2 or $5 dollars usually), it will attract even more investors. After the R/S, if the company is still doing well, it should advance and trade at a more chartable, understandable, and appropriate levels.

Guru
    03-16-2009, 01:37 AM #30

Trading Software

If you need ass-kicking real time stock trading software, then give http://www.realtimestockquote.com a shot. Ray, Sworntwofun and myself use it as we day trade together. It runs around $30 a month, but kicks ass.... We hook up on Google talk and trade everyday together in real time.

Way better than free software or more expensive. It does the job. If you understand indicators, then http://www.firstrade.com does the same thing, but isn't as sophisticated. It is very adequate though if you know indicators. The trades there are $6.95. That is who I use. Their software is free.

Just some info for people that are asking....

Have a great trading day tomorrow,

Bill

Page 3 of 4 1234