Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...
    02-25-2009, 03:17 AM #41

Long, Long, Lets see the cards Mel

Another week, another breath, another 100,00 shares at .136 right before the close. 713,000 shares and I feel good about the future of the company. Shoot me I am an etenal optimist. Risk reward ratio is good right now. I obviously think Q4 will beat street estimates. To me, the fear, the cynicism, and the uncertainty expressed in the prices of this and many other equities = the shortest path between and investors and big gains. Hope that I get the opportunity to keep adding....

Guru
    02-25-2009, 02:42 PM #42
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/bernanke-uptick-rule-might-have/story.aspx?guid={78BCD860-C835-4E71-821E-8FB62D7C7964}&siteid=rss

looks like uptick rule is getting closer.

Enthusiast
    02-25-2009, 02:44 PM #43

How to invest in SIRI thru Liberty?

I could use some help in understanding how to invest in SIRI thru Liberty.

Liberty has 3 trading stocks:
    .....LCAPA - @$5.76 Liberty Capital
    .....LMDIA - 17.94 Liberty Entertainment
    .....LINTA - 3.38 Liberty Interactive

LINTA is their Catalogue & Mail order business, which, according to the liberty CC, they are eliminating or reducing.

LMDIA includes ownership of DirecTV including Starz (movies)

LCAPA includes all other not including the above.

SO, which Liberty branch invested in SIRI?

I still strongly believe in Sirius XM Satellite Radio. I am not convinced, however, that they will make it alone. My thinking is to divert some money from the sale of some SIRI stock and diversify, if you will, by putting that money into Liberty. That way I do not have all my SIRI money in one basket.

It would seem that if SIRI becomes successful (read profitable), that Liberty will benefit. And if SIRI can not and Liberty takes over a large percentage of the company, that Liberty will benefit greatly.

My problem is that I do not understand which of the above branches of Liberty to invest in: Liberty Capital, or Liberty Entertainment.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Keysmark

ps - see next post before responding
    Last edited by Keysmark; 02-25-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Enthusiast
    02-25-2009, 03:51 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmark View Post

SO, which Liberty branch invested in SIRI?

My problem is that I do not understand which of the above branches of Liberty to invest in: Liberty Capital, or Liberty Entertainment.
    In answer to my own questions in the post above I searched thru Liberty's web site and found the answer. I believe it is Liberty Capital.

So my question now is: What do you think of this idea?

Guru
    02-25-2009, 05:16 PM #45
    Sorry, I didn't get in here today......was busy doing other things...I will look up Liberty a little later....have to run some errands.....

Bill

02-25-2009, 06:36 PM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto1 View Post
    Another week, another breath, another 100,00 shares at .136 right before the close. 713,000 shares and I feel good about the future of the company. Shoot me I am an etenal optimist. Risk reward ratio is good right now. I obviously think Q4 will beat street estimates. To me, the fear, the cynicism, and the uncertainty expressed in the prices of this and many other equities = the shortest path between and investors and big gains. Hope that I get the opportunity to keep adding....
    krypto right On!!!!!!!

I picked up 80000shrs at .1296 just before close
    you have me beat by a few shares looking forward to
    a celebration...

lvlt and abk are looking ripe to pick right now as well...!!!
    good luck

Mentor
    02-25-2009, 07:01 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmark
    I still strongly believe in Sirius XM Satellite Radio. I am not convinced, however, that they will make it alone. My thinking is to divert some money from the sale of some SIRI stock and diversify, if you will, by putting that money into Liberty. That way I do not have all my SIRI money in one basket.
    1) This is the way that I have seen transactions like this:
    If Malone decides to take over Sirius XM (which will not happen for 3 years), then Sirius XM price will go up and Liberty will go down. That is the nature of mergers and aquisitions.
    2) If Sirius becomes profitible (which will not happen for probablly 3 years as well), it is not entirely true that liberty will profit. If they get their preffered shares, they only get paid if a dividend is paid. I do not see that happening for a very, very, very long time.
    3) Liberty has quite a bit of debt itself, though it appears it is working diligently to take care of that by todays earnings numbers.

I do not think there is much of a play with Liberty right now. They do not own enough to be considered ranking debt holders (though they are one of the first in line) if Sirius goes BK, and they timelines for any other profit from Sirius activities is at least 3 years down the road.

02-25-2009, 07:20 PM #48

Bill@tony..llc

Hey Newman...

I had quite a morning ,the ticker tape was flying
    using the google chat while trading with BILL@TONY LLC..LMAO

It was very helpful using there chart system stockquote......

PWAV is one to look at if you have the time ,I had it at.25 Once and did ok short term .. It is looking kind of bullish for a.m.
    I am trying to pick it up in AH at .33
    dont trust me do your homework (disclaimer)
    good luck!!!
    Last edited by ray; 02-25-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Guru
    02-25-2009, 11:38 PM #49

What a day

Ray, Tony and I had a fun day today. We traded together using the same software and were hooked up with Google chat.

It was a very great experience and really showed each other our "stuff". I personally had a real kick in the ass.

Boy, BO spoke again and the market dropped. Man, that guy doesn't know when to quit, or does he?

ESLR played a big part in the action today, along with ABK, SBLK and a few others that I mentioned yesterday. It was quite a strategic process with SBLK. Tony, Ray and I had the chart going flat sideways for at least 10 to 15 minutes. We held our ground with bids but then finally lost out when the askers raised the price a couple of times and then somebody else chimed in at a higher price and then it took off. There wasn't any sense in chasing it up a tree.

We were at 1.45 and we held. The ask was 1.46....we wouldn't budge and then the guy went up to 1.47 and then 1.52 while the last price was 1.46. If this makes any sense to you it was just a rare opportunity to have some control over a stock price for that long. It is not a tremendously high volume stock, so that is the only reason that we got away with it. If this doesn't make any sense, then don't worry about it....there isn't anything important involved with what I said.

ABK always comes back after a little bit...it is at a great price to buy lots of shares and when it climbs....then take a profit. Tony, Ray and I have owned that stock at least a few times. It has been like Old Faithful for a long time. It is not unusual to fall to 1.00, but now is cheaper in the low .9x's. It typically will run up to 1.28 or higher.....Just a tip...

LVLT is in the low .7x's.....one of Tripps cool ones...We have all owned that and it has paid....It has been really slow lately, but is a good long position unless it runs up. Last time it ran up really fast and topped at 1.52 if I remember right.

ESLR is undervalued by 85% as analyzed by Ockham's research. It is at prime picking where it is now...at 1.30 to 1.32

So there is a few that we have found as really good.

We waited and watched and all bought at the daily lows, so we are set for tomorrow, of course unless the administration comes out with more dandy words that cause the markets to fall again.

Well, that is my story for the day.....I will re-look at some stocks tomorrow and maybe fish up some new ones for everybody's cheap entertainment.

Have a great night

Bill

Guru
    02-26-2009, 01:28 AM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/bernanke-uptick-rule-might-have/story.aspx?guid={78BCD860-C835-4E71-821E-8FB62D7C7964}&siteid=rss

looks like uptick rule is getting closer.
    Ya, they are talking about the uptick rule and also Mark to Market. Finally. It got pretty nasty today with the banking committee. I loved it...haha

Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...