Page 8 of 37 ... 67891018 ...
    Mentor
    02-25-2009, 02:04 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaz
    I wonder whether they have a plan in mind to slowly convert XM receiver owners to the Sirius system. I think (If they aren't already) they should stop making XM receivers and configure their service options to allow their XM customers to buy new Sirius receivers and receive the same service they have now. I think that this is in place but they have to renegotiate agreements they have with the car companies (GM is still XM, correct?) and providers such as MLB.
    The better idea would be to phase out Sirius recievers and start transitioning over to XM recievers. XM recievers have a superior compression technology that allowed XM to squeeze out about 20 more channels than Sirius can. This technology is in the CODEC, which means they cannot simply install it into the Sirius recievers, since they use a different codec.

Guru
    02-25-2009, 02:16 PM #72
    liberty just talked about sirius, they said they could bundle the siri service with the 80 dollar direct tv service, it will be a free trial. Also mentioned that as new contracts come up they will try and renegotiate them and improve stockholder value, the only time the damn conference buffered was during his siri answer.

02-25-2009, 02:41 PM #73
    RE: phase out of receivers

This has been a hot button topic for me. We have two very valuable distribution systems transmitting very similar programming. As the company moves to renegotiate contracts I assume that the programming will get even more similar. This is a terrible waste!

Yes I do understand that it may take 10 or even more years to shift all receivers to one service but that process needs to start and it needs to start by making the OEM vehicle radios either work with the ultimate service or dual services.

In the past I might have had a difficult time deciding which service to keep for the radios. Yes XM has a superior CODEC & the dual-ensemble system is vastly superior to the Sirius stream.....but the Sirius figure 8 constellation has important coverage advantages. Recently, however with the Liberty situation I believe that the best choice is to move all of the radio to the XM system & use the Sirius system for a greatly expanded backseat TV operation.

At any rate, many may disagree with me but IMO it is very, very important to get started with some strategy. About half of the radios now being manufactured and activated will someday be a problem for the company.

Enthusiast
    02-25-2009, 02:53 PM #74
    Whichever system they end up using, I hope that they are moving in that direction as fast as possible. Even if they don't have the cash righ now, I hope they have a plan in that direction.

Enthusiast
    02-25-2009, 04:02 PM #75
    the stock is really, finally, beginning to make no sense to me; none.
    yesterday it goes up 3%; today it is down 5%; and virtually
    nothing has happened, nothing much at all has changed with
    regard to the stock or the entire freakin economy, within the
    past 2 days; ayedoughntgeddit

Guru
    02-25-2009, 04:13 PM #76
    yep the mm's took it down to .12's then a trade for a half million shares went through, tons of 100 share blocks now, wasnt like that earlier. Tired of this shit, its gonna be in limbo till mel and the gang get off there lazy ass and give us a conference call.

Enthusiast
    02-25-2009, 04:14 PM #77
    when you are trading as low as SIRI is at around .13 then a 3% move up or a 5% move down is negligible to most of us. Stay long or get out. Don't follow the intraday relatively small % moves at these levels IMHO

Guru
    02-25-2009, 04:25 PM #78
    umm im trying not too but when i check it and its at .12 again with no bk in sight it just blows my mind, this is the most retarded shit ever.

Enthusiast
    02-25-2009, 04:29 PM #79
    I was responding to NISVAN Tripping but that's ok. Look I don't doubt there's some manipulation by the big boys who are the only ones really that have enough day trading capital to profit for these small moves. I just hope formerly LONG retail investors are not selling at these levels. Now that would be "retarded" as you say tripping. I can't imagine even a bad conf call bringing this sp down too much further but i guess you never know... it's all almost amusing to me after on paper I've lost so much already. frustrating and painful too.

Guru
    02-25-2009, 05:05 PM #80
    well now we know why they brought it down to .12, 10 million shares just went through in 2 seperate trades, right at close, ask is high .13

Page 8 of 37 ... 67891018 ...