Page 2 of 4 1234
    Enthusiast
    02-21-2009, 09:19 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    a lottery ticket is a lottery ticket, this is a security. Its priced at .13 because the economy is shitty and everything has been brought down, at .13 cents sirius is a good investment, and time will prove this to be true.
    i like this guy. i do keep thinkin about my 67k shares at $1, or $134k at $2.

02-21-2009, 09:51 PM #12
    So it looks like a mixed bag on this forum but here's my thinking:

I'm still in a holding pattern because I'm suspecting that Q4 results will be poor and the stock will continue to slide further. When you consider that BK was a strong possibility (artificial hype or legitimate), SIRI stock briefly touched $0.06 then returned to ~10c again. What I'm suspecting is that Q4 will take the stock lower and with the negative media blitz, folks will hopefully sell-off a little more. If that happens, I'll probably pick up about 100k shares, sit back and watch. Basically, I agree with those who think Liberty got involved with SiriusXM because of the tax write-offs in 3 years - not because Sirius has such tremendous potential. Whether they do or not, I'm thinking that given Liberty's true interest, Sirius will do whatever it does for the next 3 years which is when Liberty could very likely scoop up the remains of the company along with the massive tax write-offs and leverage them against future profits elsewhere within Malone's empire.

If I was a day trader, I wouldn't trade SIRI since the daily high-low margins are pretty pathetic. High volume compared to other securities but very little movement, relatively speaking. If I was going to trade I'd probably go with stocks like Vonage (VG) or Rite Aid (RAD).

But one question that popped up when I read a post by SiriusOwner:
    Are you negative on SIRI, negative on how other investors make decisions or something else? Sounds like you had something running in the back of your mind when offering your advice.

Anyway, thanks again and your posts are very helpful!
    Last edited by Siriusly; 02-21-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Addict
    02-22-2009, 10:26 AM #13
    1.- You probably have better odds going to Vegas and hitting a jackpot than with SIRI. And I am not saying going there once. A friend of mine went there 4 times last year, lost about $10,000 the first three times but came back with about $20,000.00 the fourth time (of course he already blew about $5,000.00 in Hobbs NM).

2.- If the economy has SIRIUS trading @ .13 then why is Apple at $90.00 ? Even ugly companies like OSTK are trading at $8.59 !!! and the list goes on and on...

3.- You can trade this issue and make about $500.00 to $600.00 every week, if you buy and sell as I recommended. If you buy @ .12 and it goes to .19, sell, if it keeps going up, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, get back in. Wait until it retraces or goes back to the low teens. I learnt this the last few weeks.

4.- You came to a SIRIUS lovers site, this is the wrong place to look for investment advice in SIRIUS. You should not base your investment decision on what they think. I am the only one within reason here. I see SIRIUS as a trade and nothing more, just another security. Perhaps risk a little bit in case they do hit the jackpot. BUT I would never risk more than $5,000.00 with this issue for long term.

5.- In the end they may end up being millionaires and I could end up just with another good trade BUT if this issue goes down, I will be the only one left standing.

6.- Besides, never risk more than 5%-10% of your total portfolio in any single issue. If your portfolio is $100K or more then risk $5 to $10K but not more. Anyway, that's is from the investors point of view. From the traders point of view, just trade 10K shares every time, like I said, that should bring you $500 to $600 every week and the risk is limited. Always look at risk and money management as tools and if you feel you can't wait for a trade then you shouldn't be trading.

ps: If you want a contrary opinion than what they think here go to: www.savesirius.org
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-22-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    02-22-2009, 01:31 PM #14
    SiriusOwner, have you read some of the post's/headlines on that site? IMO and not because I am a SIRI investor those guys are about as crazy as the 9/11 conspiracy theory people!

Is Michael Hartleib still trying to go after SIRI because Mel has secretly conspired to BK the company???

Addict
    02-22-2009, 01:57 PM #15
    Yes, I've been to that web site. It offers another perspective of what's going on, not necessarily true, but then again, what does THIS site has to offer ?

Enthusiast
    02-22-2009, 02:35 PM #16
    SiriusOwner,
    Have you ever thought about; buying in the low teens, shorting during the aftermarket runup, covering shortly after market open/MM slamdown, then selling everything in the high teens. then waiting for the low teens to buy in again?

02-22-2009, 02:39 PM #17
    Siriusowner: What does this site offer? I laugh as I say this but whatever it is, it's apparently enough to keep you coming back. : )

At any rate, I'm getting the impression that you think I'm looking for someone to hold my hand and tell me what to do. That wasn't what I asked. I was looking for advice as a potential SIRI investor debating on whether to get involved or not. I know what fundamentals are and trade basics so I don't need to be lectured on those things or assume I'm an idiot. What I am particularly interested in is how folks who are already invested in this stock feel about it and why they're sticking around. Those sentiments are important to hear. They don't cover the whole topic or answer every question I have as you and I both know, so I have feelers in several areas as anyone would who wants the bigger picture.

02-22-2009, 02:51 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    5.- In the end they may end up being millionaires and I could end up just with another good trade BUT if this issue goes down, I will be the only one left standing.
    Your posts make a lot more sense to me after reading this. I say that because if your vision of success or if bragging rights hinge on the failure of SIRI, then your negative slant in much of what you are posting draws away from the reliability of the content you offer. But that goes for the side of the coin as well; folks in for the long haul are vested in the success of this stock so their advice will be slanted with optimism. Being slanted one way or another isn't necessarily bad IMO: you just have your opinions and collectively they help me a great deal.

Anyway, I'm really not trying to pick an argument with anyone so if my perception is way off, feel free to correct me. I'm very new to this forum and I usually do more reading than I do posting, so I admit I could be completely misreading what's going on and/or whether you're vested in failure or success.
    Last edited by Siriusly; 02-22-2009 at 02:56 PM.

02-22-2009, 02:54 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    ps: If you want a contrary opinion than what they think here go to: www.savesirius.org
    Thank you! I've never seen that website before. I'll have to check them out.

Enthusiast
    02-22-2009, 03:14 PM #20
    SiriusOwner,
    I have read most of your post and agree with your approach to trading siri. I just finished a graph search and could only find 2 events in the last 20 days that fit your format. Virtually every day offers a 1 to 2 cent differential, especially when looking at 0800 to 2000hrs time sales. While buying @.10 and selling @.19, or whatever the new range, after the elusive Q4, makes sense, I am thinking that using daily short/cover while waiting for it to reach @.19 may be worth the effort. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
    edit: acutally 5 events since 12/26/08
    Last edited by OldDruid; 02-22-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1234