Page 4 of 60 ... 234561454 ...
    02-16-2009, 12:05 PM #31

oops change wife to life. so excited here cant think

oops change wife to life. so excited here cant think

Addict
    02-16-2009, 01:53 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Fox Business again stated that an anal-yst said the Liberty deal is "unlikely" and BK is the only option.
    Whoever is reporting is just guessing, whether he says the deal is "likely" or "unlikely"... A well informed investor knows that, in this case, BK is not the only option.

In this case, I think that, FOX business, has a hidden agenda...
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-16-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 02:00 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Whoever is reporting is just guessing, whether he says the deal is "likely" or "unlikely"... A well informed investor knows that, in this case, BK is not the only option.

In this case, I think that, FOX business, has a hidden agenda, indeed...
    WSJ is owned by NewsCorp, so alot of contempt are in those pages

also MSNBC posted a nice article why mel hates Ergen, namely something that happened at Viacom between him and dish

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29222407/

The bigger question is whether Ergen gets Sirius XM at all. Clearly, Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin doesn't want Ergen to take control. [Wonder why? In 2004, when Karmazin was Viacom (VIA) president, Ergen yanked Viacom's MTV and Nickelodeon from his Dish during a contract dispute, then put Karmazin's home phone number on the screen in their place to encourage angry viewers to call.] Karmazin is said to be seeking out Liberty Media (LMDIA) and its billionaire Chairman John Malone as a "white knight," according to news reports. No doubt Karmazin is hoping that Liberty, which also owns DirecTV, will head off Ergen. EchoStar, which is said to be accumulating the bonds, refused to comment, as did a representative of Liberty.

Guru
    02-16-2009, 02:02 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Good Morning Gang!! Cross ALL of your appendages for this week!! It will be a nail biter! Bill .... not your usual cheery self this morning - I haven't been to that section of the site... i am tied in knots over Sirius but - you could count me as one of the f---ing idiots if i were there - Perscription for Bill.... Another pot of coffee and GOOD Sirius news!!! LOL just kidding Bill ... but perhaps another cup of caffiene?? lol Thanks for ALL your assistance guys - still a newbie here!!
    I wrote that at 1:00 in the morning I guess...lol..now you ought to see me, I am really grouchy! Just kidding..Have a groovy day. I am in a great mood.

02-16-2009, 02:32 PM #35

Min $$$$ on hand?????????????????????

This is the most important question that must be answered if no cash infusion happends within next 24 hrs!!!!!!!! Homer beleives it was $180M however he later found out XM must keep $75M on hand at all times we have yet to find the $$$$ amount if any for SIRI. Let's quit guessing on things we don't know and atually look thru info we do have and find this $$$ amount. If $75M is all we must have then we can write Ergin a $175M check tomorrow with the help of NO ONE!!!!!!!!!! Let's again stop specualting and start reserching the public infomration for the answer!!!!!

START READING ON THE Q's K's & 10 ABC'c get your reading glasses on and lets get started now!!!!!!

Homer, we really need you here!!!
    Last edited by LIBOR/TED SPREAD; 02-16-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Addict
    02-16-2009, 03:04 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by LIBOR/TED SPREAD View Post
    This is the most important question that must be answered if no cash infusion happends within next 24 hrs!!!!!!!! Homer beleives it was $180M however he later found out XM must keep $75M on hand at all times we have yet to find the $$$$ amount if any for SIRI. Let's quit guessing on things we don't know and atually look thru info we do have and find this $$$ amount. If $75M is all we must have then we can write Ergin a $175M check tomorrow with the help of NO ONE!!!!!!!!!! Let's again stop specualting and start reserching the public infomration for the answer!!!!!

START READING ON THE Q's K's & 10 ABC'c get your reading glasses on and lets get started now!!!!!!

Homer, we really need you here!!!
    Is your research or anyone else's going to influence the decision that Sirius BOD makes in the next 24 hours or so ?

Understand if they put out the 175M to get through tomorrow, they now will likely be operating with no cash cushion and still 600M in short-term debt that will be real tough to get help on and may still wind up in the hands of Ergen or Liberty and shareholders wiped out, command lost.

So from there point of view, they could keep somewhat of a cash cushion, file to re-organize debt. It's a business decision and I'm not sure they are thinking of us shareholders at this point in time. It's more about control and leverage.

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 03:18 PM #37
    Anyone else think it's eerily quite out there?

Sort of the calm before the storm one way or another.

I keep checking every 1/2 hour or so for a new article with some "new" info.

Mentor
    02-16-2009, 03:23 PM #38
    I wish we had more to go on........

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 03:24 PM #39
    sxminvestor wrote:
    "It's a business decision and I'm not sure they are thinking of us shareholders at this point in time. It's more about control and leverage."
    For a discussion of the fiduciary duties of a director to the shareholders of an insolvent corporation, when the director also owns shares in that corporation, see:

http://www.turnaround.org/Publicatio...?objectID=1142

02-16-2009, 03:25 PM #40
    I know. I couldn't get the forums to load earlier and my first thought was "Oh crap."

So, we wait. At least we can't do anything SIRI stupid with the market closed.

Page 4 of 60 ... 234561454 ...