Page 36 of 60 ... 26343536373846 ...
    Addict
    02-17-2009, 08:49 PM #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Don't agree at all......
    That is just your opinion.

I trust APEX. He is a trader an was right the first time and he will probably be right again.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-17-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Addict
    02-17-2009, 08:51 PM #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Do you even follow SIRI or what is talked about on this forum?

SIRI was kicked out of the NASDAQ 100 months ago and there was much discussion on this forum about the volume and the price action when the NASDAQ 100 was rebalanced.....

Please do some homework and stop posting so much false information on this forum.......
    Oh, its you again.

I was looking at the NASDAQ 100 when I wrote the post. Anyway, can't follow the DJIA to make investment decisions on SIRI.

BESIDES, YOU ARE WRONG TOO, SIRI was A PART OF THE NASDAQ 100, but I do not see that they have been kicked out..

http://www.nasdaq.com/indexshares/historical_data.stm

So, do your homework.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-17-2009 at 09:10 PM.

02-17-2009, 08:52 PM #353

Thanks....

I just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who contributes on this board. Your insight and knowledge of this stock/industry/overall market has been an absolute lifepreserver when the company's future/direction was being eulogized by the mainstream media and financial pundits. Having been an xm subscriber since 2001, I believe in this product and, with 172,000 averaged at .13 cents, I am in it for the long haul (years not months) and look forward to what the future may bring.... Best of luck to everybody.

02-17-2009, 09:06 PM #354
    First off, I just want to say I've really enjoyed this forum over the past few months, definitely has been therapeutic given the circumstances....You all deserve the best for what this experience has put you through....

I'm a relative newbie (10k avg @ .14) and just wanted to add my two cents if I may, and let the more experienced folks retort as they so choose...

Personally, given whats transpired over the last 6 months or so, I don't see how anyone can objectively think this stock will even approach .50 anytime soon. Given the continuing economic turmoil, the imminent bankruptcy of GM, and 4Q earnings that could potentially come up short of expectations, I just honestly feel as though Liberty threw us a life preserver instead of bringing us to shore. We are still stuck in the water, but Liberty saved us from drowning, that's all.

I dont mean to be a negative nancy or anything...God knows I've relied on everyone's optimism here lately just as much as the next guy. But for a stock that has been so volatile in recent months, I can't honestly allow myself to believe it will straighten itself out and start inching upwards anytime soon. My opinion is, we'll be stuck here between .13 and .20 for the foreseeable future, unless the GM mess clears up or the 4Q numbers are a pleasant surprise. Thats just my gut instinct and trust me I'm the first person to hope that I'm wrong!!

Thanks again everyone for your informative posts and educational banter. Looking forward to brighter days ahead....

PS -- whoever called this stock an emotional teenage girl in an earlier post --- hysterical!!!
    Last edited by mannyyunk; 02-17-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Mentor
    02-17-2009, 09:08 PM #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Oh, its you again. You know what ? This will be the last post I reply to you. I just won't care what you think anymore.

I was looking at the NASDAQ 100 when I wrote the post. Anyway, can't follow the DJIA to make investment decisions on SIRI.

I do wonder why SIRI was kicked out, was it because it was an overperformer ?
    Siriusowner,

You said that SIRI was in the NASDAQ 100 and it is not. It was kicked out of the NASDAQ 100 months ago. I was correcting your false information that you post on this forum yet again. It was talked about at length on this forum and reported widely in the press when it happened. I would hope if I post something that is wrong that others will correct me. SIRI was kicked out because it was an under performer....

I don't know why you were so offended.......it's not about what I think - I am not involved in the NASDAQ 100 rebalancing procedures.
    Last edited by Demian; 02-17-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Mentor
    02-17-2009, 09:23 PM #356
    Oh, its you again.

BESIDES, YOU ARE WRONG TOO, SIRI was A PART OF THE NASDAQ 100, but I do not see that they have been kicked out..

So, do your homework.
    Siriusowner,

You really need to do some homework before you start accusing people of being wrong.....

You are wrong yet again.......SIRI was removed from the NASDAQ 100 in December. Here is the official PR from the NASDAQ. Notice SIRI at the bottom in bold where it lists the companies being removed. I don't even care if you admit that you are wrong or not - I'm just trying to point out the facts for the readers of this forum....

http://www.nasdaq.com/newsroom/news/...AQ-100%20Index

NASDAQ Announces the Annual Re-Ranking of the NASDAQ-100 Index

NEW YORK, Dec. 12, 2008 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announced today the annual re-ranking of the NASDAQ-100 Index(r), effective with the market open on Monday, December 22, 2008.

"The NASDAQ-100 Index is a globally recognized brand that includes 100 of the world's most dynamic non-financial companies," said NASDAQ OMX Executive Vice President John L. Jacobs. "Through an objective, transparent re-ranking process, the NASDAQ-100 Index continues its evolution as a relevant, investable benchmark. The NASDAQ-100 represents a diverse range companies and provides investors with a key measure of the performance of the world's leading large-cap growth companies."

The following 11 issues will be added to the NASDAQ-100 Index: Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq:ADP), First Solar, Inc. (Nasdaq:FSLR), Life Technologies Corporation (Nasdaq:LIFE), Ross Stores, Inc. (Nasdaq:ROST), Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (Nasdaq:MXIM), Illumina, Inc. (Nasdaq:ILMN), Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. (Nasdaq:PPDI), O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. (Nasdaq:ORLY), Urban Outfitters, Inc. (Nasdaq:URBN), J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:JBHT), and Warner Chilcott Limited (Nasdaq:WCRX).

The NASDAQ-100 Index is composed of the 100 largest non-financial stocks on The NASDAQ Stock Market(r) and dates to January 1985, when it was launched along with the NASDAQ Financial-100 Index(r), which is comprised of the 100 largest financial stocks on NASDAQ(r). These indexes were originally designed to segment NASDAQ into two major industry groups to support media coverage and to act as benchmarks for financial products such as options, futures, and funds. The NASDAQ-100 is re-ranked each year in December, timed to coincide with the quadruple witch expiration Friday of the quarter.

On a cumulative price return basis, the NASDAQ-100 Index has returned 797% since inception, although past performance is not indicative of future performance.

The NASDAQ-100 Index is the basis of the PowerShares QQQ Trust (Nasdaq:QQQQ), which aims to provide investment results that, before expenses, correspond with the NASDAQ-100 Index performance. In addition, options, futures and structured products based on the NASDAQ-100 Index and the PowerShares QQQ Trust trade on various exchanges.

As a result of the re-ranking of the NASDAQ-100 Index, the following 11 securities will be removed: Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:AMLN), Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:CDNS), Discovery Communications, Inc.'s Class A Common Stock (NasdaqISCA), Lamar Advertising Company (Nasdaq:LAMR), Leap Wireless International, Inc. (Nasdaq:LEAP) Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:LVLT), PetSmart, Inc. (Nasdaq:PETM), Sirius XM Radio Inc. (Nasdaq: SIRI), SanDisk Corporation (Nasdaq:SNDK), Virgin Media Inc. (Nasdaq:VMED), and Whole Foods Market, Inc. (Nasdaq:WFMI).
    Last edited by Demian; 02-17-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Enthusiast
    02-17-2009, 09:28 PM #357
    Oh, its you again.

So, do your homework.
    http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...ex-rejiggered/

December 15, 2008, 2:27 am
    Nasdaq 100 Index Rejiggered
    Posted by Eric Savitz
    Nasdaq announced late Friday that it is making 11 changes in the Nasdaq 100 index. Since some index funds are tied to the index, including the PowerShares QQQ Trust (QQQQ). The shifts could give some support to the new additions, and pressure those being removed. The list is defined as the 100 largest non-financial stocks traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

Added to the list:

Automatic Data Processing (ADP)
    First Solar (FSLR)
    Life Technologies (LIFE)
    Ross Stores (ROST)
    Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM)
    Illumina (ILMN)
    Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPDI)
    O’Reilly Automotive (ORLY)
    Urban Outfitters (URBN)
    J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT)
    Warner Chilcott (WCRX)

Deleted from the list:

Amylin Pharmaceuticals (AMLN)
    Cadence Design Systems (CDNS)
    Discovery Communications (DISCA)
    Lamar Advertising (LAMR)
    Leap Wireless (LEAP)
    Level 3 (LVLT)
    PetSmart (PETM)
    Sirius XM (SIRI)
    SanDisk (SNDK)
    Virgin Media (VMED)
    Whole Foods Market (WFMI).
    Last edited by J56D; 02-17-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Enthusiast
    02-17-2009, 10:03 PM #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmark View Post
    Wow Alex! You certainly are great, in your own mind!
    I'd ease up on Apex....You may not agree with him...but he is a knowledgeable trader and he's been pretty accurate so far. He may write in all caps from time to time, but his views add alot to these boards if you pay attention to them.

I'm not saying he's a prophet and will be right all the time, but no need to bash him. He's giving his advice and to people like me (fairly new at this game) it's very educating reading the different views and oppinions.

I was actually wondering where APEX has been lately.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    02-17-2009, 10:21 PM #359
    So I spoke to Sirius Canada today. I asked them some questions regarding their service and future plans. The person I spoke to said some things about merging with XM Canada, she also mentioned that their has been some talk about being acquired by Sirius XM.

She did not have to many details. Has anyone else heard anything of this sort?

02-17-2009, 10:29 PM #360
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyyunk View Post

PS -- whoever called this stock an emotional teenage girl in an earlier post --- hysterical!!!
    Chicks dig me.

They will dig me even more when SIRI is trading at 7.50. Unfortunately, I'm likely to have far less hair at that time.

Page 36 of 60 ... 26343536373846 ...