Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    02-15-2009, 08:59 PM #1

Reply from Peter Lauria from the NY Post!

Peter.Lauria (Peter.Lauria@nypost.com)

"my sourcing is solid and the story i wrote yesterday is accurate..but that doesn't mean sirius will do a deal with liberty, though..what sirius ultimately does is still being decided..as for why no one is picking it up, maybe they're upset because i got to it first.."

I wrote Peter yesterday and asked him a few questions about his article in the NY Post on Friday evening. That is what he had to say back!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02132009...ius_155024.htm
    Last edited by Hopeful; 02-15-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Addict
    02-15-2009, 10:31 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Peter.Lauria (Peter.Lauria@nypost.com)

"my sourcing is solid and the story i wrote yesterday is accurate..but that doesn't mean sirius will do a deal with liberty, though..what sirius ultimately does is still being decided..as for why no one is picking it up, maybe they're upset because i got to it first.."

I wrote Peter yesterday and asked him a few questions about his article in the NY Post on Friday evening. That is what he had to say back!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02132009...ius_155024.htm
    Hopeful - thanks for the link and great investigative work.

The real question is, what is Malone's true intentions after getting Ergen's grip off the company ? This could be an ongoing saga for the next few months with Sirius trying to get their own financing and Malone & Ergen continuing the battle for control over the co. We don't know what the terms are and that might be why Sirius is even considering turning it down.

Guru
    02-15-2009, 10:37 PM #3
    nice work, i wouldnt be suprised if they didnt need the loan that bad anyway, if they did they woulda jumped on it immediatly

Addict
    02-15-2009, 11:04 PM #4
    I think Malone must have some negative intentions through this deal! Obviously he must benefit somehow "not just a little interest and an investment" and Mel is going to have to give a little and well it looks like Mel doesn't want to give an inch!

Did anyone lead a normal life the last week and this weekend in particular??? Ahahaha, I know I sure haven't!
    Last edited by Hopeful; 02-15-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Addict
    02-15-2009, 11:16 PM #6
    "Sirius does not have enough cash to repay the $175m in bonds that are due on Tuesday."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4a05e010-f...077b07658.html

This article didn't say "according to sources familiar with the situation" after that comment. Is their any truth to that statement? I know we've been mulling over the COH, but how could they get away with saying that if it were not fact?

Addict
    02-15-2009, 11:21 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    I think Malone must have some negative intentions through this deal! Obviously he must benefit somehow "not just a little interest and an investment" and Mel is going to have to give a little and well it looks like Mel doesn't want to give an inch!

Did anyone lead a normal life the last week and this weekend in particular??? Ahahaha, I know I sure haven't!
    1st of all untill something is on paper and filed...nothing has changed although we are all optomistic....
    2nd If Malone steps up with a bridge loan or whatever...can we at least give a little credit because whatever his true intentions are with out him it was definately game over....
    3rd Mel is a very smart man and he knows what he's doing...and how to get what he needs....don't sell him short...
    4th No how could anyone that has anything invested rest untill Tuesday or whenever a conclusion is drawn....

Long Sirius 50,000x

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 10:48 AM #8
    Absolutely!

Long SIRI 21,000 shares
    Last edited by Newman; 02-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.