Page 31 of 74 ... 21293031323341 ...
    Addict
    02-12-2009, 12:01 AM #301
    Earlier today I said Mel was using Ergen and the BK news as a leverage and I was asking "why ?". Now y'all have the answer...He just gained more leverage by leaking more... Mel made his move, now he is definitely trying to force Ergen to move next...

Don't buy more, stay on the sidelines. Unless you have plenty of money to spare...

Guru
    02-12-2009, 12:02 AM #302
    "WSJ has jumped the shark"

Awesome way to put it.

Enthusiast
    02-12-2009, 12:03 AM #303
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude110 View Post
    WTF?

Is this journalism? Who says this is a "last ditch effort"? And "escape his clutches?" Is Ergen effing Palpatine now? And now they admit bk was floated as a negotiating ploy?

WSJ wants a soap opera. Or WSJ is a soap opera.

Or better, and I can't believe I'm about to write this ...

The Wall Street Journal has jumped the shark.
    Arn't they owned by News Corp aka people who own Fox?

Enthusiast
    02-12-2009, 12:30 AM #304
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    By MATTHEW KARNITSCHNIG

It was a high-risk move because the notes in question are junior to about $600 million in bank loans and other debt Sirius has issued, and will likely be worthless if the company goes bankrupt.

Ok - so if this is correct - Karmanzin stands to lose am shit load of cash AND Ergen stands to lose a shit load of cash IF they allow the co to go BK. OR - am I missing something here???
    Any ideas gang??
    Man - this thing is driving me nuts!!!! I am at an ave .40 and at these prices I could ave down and PERHAPS get out with my knickers n tact ----- MAYBE??? To buy or not to buy ... that is the question! Would it be throwing good money after bad???

Addict
    02-12-2009, 12:32 AM #305
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude110 View Post
    WTF?

Is this journalism? Who says this is a "last ditch effort"? And "escape his clutches?" Is Ergen effing Palpatine now? And now they admit bk was floated as a negotiating ploy?

WSJ wants a soap opera. Or WSJ is a soap opera.

Or better, and I can't believe I'm about to write this ...

The Wall Street Journal has jumped the shark.
    It all depends on who is paying for the article and who wants the soap opera. For me, MEL is paying to get publicity and wants the soap opera.

Consider the following and tell me which do you thing MEL would like more:

"SIRI fell yesterday more than 50%, its biggest drop ever. The drop followed after news that the company was preparing for BK and had been using the services of BK attorneys and counselors...etc..."

&

"SIRI retreated yesterday after news that the company was working with BK attorneys and counselors. The stock price fell 50% during the day even though the company is in advanced negotiations with Echostar... etc..."

Every investor faces the problem of bias in getting information. News as reported often present a simplistic summary of the facts and often emphasizes the wrong points.

These treatment of the same news demonstrate that a vastly different tone can be put on the news.

The WSJ is still a reliable source of information, you just have to dissect the facts.

Addict
    02-12-2009, 12:37 AM #306
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Ok - so if this is correct - Karmanzin stands to lose am shit load of cash AND Ergen stands to lose a shit load of cash IF they allow the co to go BK. OR - am I missing something here???
    Any ideas gang??
    Man - this thing is driving me nuts!!!! I am at an ave .40 and at these prices I could ave down and PERHAPS get out with my knickers n tact ----- MAYBE??? To buy or not to buy ... that is the question! Would it be throwing good money after bad???
    Yes you will be throwing good money after bad. This is not a buying opportunity...yet.
    If the company survives this first "test" then there may be a window of opportunity between 2/17 and 2/23.

If you can't wait, you shouldn't be trading.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-12-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Addict
    02-12-2009, 12:55 AM #307
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    HEY ..Mr Siriusowner...recall these posts you said...STOP the stupid forecasts..

siriusowner You are right, it is your money... until 2/17/2009.
    I am not sure what you were trying to say, Newman edited your post, but I am sure it was not nize...

Guru
    02-12-2009, 01:00 AM #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Yes you will be throwing good money after bad. This is not a buying opportunity...yet.
    If the company survives this first "test" then there may be a window of opportunity between 2/17 and 2/23.

If you can't wait, you shouldn't be trading.
    I agree 2/17 through 2/23. At least you will know where your money is going then. That is how I am going to play it. I need to see few cards before I go all in with my SIRI budget.

If the price gets away from me, then I will run with what I have for a while. There are always pullbacks. They are inevitable. Then I will buy under the current market condition. I love SIRI and am loyal to SIRI, but just throwing money at "cheap" is not my personal way of investing.

Those are just my thoughts....do what makes you feel good. You may well be right.

Have a nice evening,

Bill

Addict
    02-12-2009, 01:04 AM #309
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusowner View Post
    i am not sure what you were trying to say, newman edited your post, but i am sure it was not nize...
    gGo away mr know it all

02-12-2009, 09:49 AM #310
    Love the news reports when they say "could spark bidding war". Make it World War III Mel! Anything above .66 and I'm good to go.

Page 31 of 74 ... 21293031323341 ...