Page 17 of 74 ... 715161718192767 ...
    02-10-2009, 09:16 PM #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Secure creditors get all that. Senior bond holders are next in line. Then bond holders and at the end un-secured creditors and last, shareholders. Shareholders are wiped out.

Thanks for the info....I appreciate it, whether I like it or not

Guru
    02-10-2009, 09:27 PM #162
    any1 tuned to cnbc right now? heard there is satrad news

Enthusiast
    02-10-2009, 09:32 PM #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Wow, nice drop. I said last night y'all shouldn't be buying this week, anyone bought more shares this week ?

Do not get in if you are not in already. The Wall Street rule "buy the rumor" does not apply in this case. Probability of BK: Very High.
    Nice call.
    Unfortunately I bought 53670 shares at $0.1082 at 5:07:13 PM.

Fortunately I was watching CNBC when they flashed the BK story and sold all at $0.10 at 5:12:04 PM

Unfortunately I still own 53670 shares @ $0.51.

I was looking to average down one last time.
    Last edited by J56D; 02-10-2009 at 09:40 PM.

02-10-2009, 09:32 PM #164
    Just switched on cnbc and the broadcasters basically relayed exactly what has come up on the newswires... more speculation .. but someone is leaking with an obvious agenda......

Guru
    02-10-2009, 09:45 PM #165
    http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...ant-be-sirius/

A Bankruptcy Filing, Mel? Surely You Can’t Be Sirius …

Looks like Mel Karmazin, CEO of embattled satellite broadcaster Sirius XM, would rather file for bankruptcy than yield partial control of the company to Charlie Ergen and Echostar. “People close to the company” tell The New York Times that Sirius may be days away from filing Chapter 11. From The Times:

Sirius has been working with the restructuring expert Joseph A. Bondi of Alvarez & Marsal and the bankruptcy lawyer Mark Thompson of Simpson, Thatcher & Bartlett to help prepare a Chapter 11 filing, people close to the company said. The documents and analysis are close to being completed and a filing could come within days, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Or not. A bankruptcy filing would wipe out shareholders, among them Karmazin who invested $2.7 million in Sirius stock last summer. So perhaps the threat of a possible bankruptcy filing made through the media is a bluff to force Ergen’s hand.

Sirius shares, which had been trading a bit higher than their typical $.12 a share have fallen deep into the mud on the news. They’re down more than 40 percent $.06 as I write this. A nasty price for shareholders to pay if this is truly a high-stakes game of chicken …

Enthusiast
    02-10-2009, 09:45 PM #166
    Anyone with access to the latest WSJ article? I'm sure it's more of the same, but I'm still curious...

Guru
    02-10-2009, 10:13 PM #167
    Mel is supposed to be fighting for us, wiping us out is not fighting for us.

For real now, I would think there could be some legal troubles for WSJ and NY times if this weren't true, that they don't file for BK. But if you notice, in each of the "First Run" articles, they all have very obvious and specific "qualifiers" that any lawyer can get you out of....possible BK filing, and like it was said, the real story is the preparation of the documents, which is old news, purposefully repackaged as new news with perfect timing...

I am beyond pissed.
    Last edited by imromo24; 02-10-2009 at 10:17 PM.

02-10-2009, 10:26 PM #168

Tax question

What happens, god forbid, if it is true and we get wiped out in BK filing? Can we still claim the losses on next years tax return? I am new to all of this. First stock I ever owned! purchased last summer. I have been a listener for about 3 years, I love the product, but my girl is going to flip if I tell her that this great company, that looked like a sure thing, is going to kick us in the teeth...Some sort of a silver lining would be good to soften the blow.

Joined: Jan 2009 Location: New Jersey - The Carcinogen State. Posts: 19
    02-10-2009, 10:33 PM #169

Unhappy

I am not feeling good here people. I'm into this stock for 50k shares. Should I sell all now, and pick it back up once we've determined bottom?

I am worried, but not scared...if that makes any sense to you. I feel confident that SiriusXM will survive and continue to function, but my stock trading side of me is screaming to sell this off and collect what souls I can in the valley of death to come.

I figured with the iphone application, and the restructuring of subscription prices to compensate for the debt load, that we Sirius shareholders would come out of this bruised and battered, but not dead!

BK is death. And if they go belly up, the subscriptions will go along with them.

I begrudgingly admit I am still long on SiriusXM ...But I hate drinking the f**king Kool Aid!

The Abbeville Kid

Guru
    02-10-2009, 10:51 PM #170
    wsj supposedly changing the wording

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/St...&frt=2#4020412