Page 63 of 74 ... 1353616263646573 ...
    Enthusiast
    02-14-2009, 10:37 AM #621
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    QUESTION ME ME ME!!!

Is this NY article real??? Who has backed it up so far??? Should I still be stressed and not sleeping ahahhah!!!

What is the credibility of NY Post???

Thanks guys, I could use a calm weekend!!!
    I term of the NY Post (I grew up and live in NY), it has a bit of a bad reputation around here. I has been wrong before. That said, it is arguably the biggest paper in the tri-state area, and it's not like it's the Enquirer, but I'll feel a bit better when another publication publishes the story (and not from the same "source"). Overall, I'm feeling pretty good though.

Enthusiast
    02-14-2009, 10:40 AM #622
    Rick,
    I would say dilution will have some effect on holding the stock back. Hard to say how much though.

02-14-2009, 10:54 AM #623
    Let's also not forget the possibility (or likelyhood) of a reverse split that's on the horizon. I'm considering doubling down my small position (to cushion a reverse split), but sure would like more info about this "deal" first.

02-14-2009, 11:09 AM #624
    I still think BK is a possibility until Sirius announces the "bridge loan". There is no validation of the NYP article, and even Bloomberg just quotes the NYP article, so they are just fishing for readers like everyone else. Fox News last night in Denver is still saying BK on Tuesday. I hope the NYP is right. I'm still holding 45602 @ .81. I'll sleep better (probably not good) Tuesday night, but I think there will still be some wild rides ahead of us even if this bridge loan is for real.

02-14-2009, 11:37 AM #625
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Hey Bill!!

Here's a question ..... this stock used to be in the $2 to $3 range (july / aug 08). It had the same debt that it does now (actually - i think it has less now?), the credit markets were better and impending disaster was not eminent, we have more subs now, the co is hopefully gathering more cash via the internet sub cost, assuming the cash crunch is taken care of ie new debt terms with extended terms ..... Why shouldn't this stock go back to a similar trading value .... $2 .. $3???

I realize that all of the neg press and near disaster will give the willy's to some investors but if the co was properly priced share wise before ????

So ..... whats is your take ... for that matter, it might be interesting to everyone view on this??

it will, but when i can't predict. there are too many large financial institutions
    holding siri. they'll make $ when the price rises & again when it falls. the volitility makes it appealing to them, say nothing about the fact satrad is here to stay and siri is the only game in town. i'm using this forum as my crystal ball which the best way i know of to stay informed. i've stopped watching cnbc & cramer for quite sometime now. 99% crap 1% fact.

Long siri

Long siri

Addict
    02-14-2009, 12:31 PM #626
    Hey Bill!!

Here's a question ..... this stock used to be in the $2 to $3 range (july / aug 08). It had the same debt that it does now (actually - i think it has less now?), the credit markets were better and impending disaster was not eminent, we have more subs now, the co is hopefully gathering more cash via the internet sub cost, assuming the cash crunch is taken care of ie new debt terms with extended terms ..... Why shouldn't this stock go back to a similar trading value .... $2 .. $3???

I realize that all of the neg press and near disaster will give the willy's to some investors but if the co was properly priced share wise before ????

So ..... whats is your take ... for that matter, it might be interesting to everyone view on this??
    Several months ago I talked about "perception".

Back when the stock was trading at $2 or $3 (pre-merger actually), there was this "perception" that with the merger, the company was going to be able to do better. It was not the case...

Now, what is your take on a company that even though is "growing" and may be moving in the right direction (we do not know until they announce the 4th qtr earnings), has not made money and as a matter of fact has lost money every single quarter since inception and that will lose money this year without any doubt ?

You have to analyze both perspectives, in one side a company with growth potential for the FUTURE but on the other side a company that is hemorrhaging money NOW...

This is why I've said, the buying opportunity is AFTER they announce the finance deals BUT before earnings announcements, 2/17 to 2/23. I am almost sure they will meet or beat expectations (this is because I think no one would infuse cash into this company if they were not going to at least meet expectations for the 4th qtr) but we got to make sure they are still HERE (thet may still declare BK if they do not like the terms of the cash infusion) before they announce the earnings !

The risk before the finance deal is announced is that you may lose 100% of your investment. After the deal is announced, you just risk more dilution but you will still have the asset, worthless asset but with the growth potential.

PS: The recovery will be slow and painful with some drawbacks, it will eventually get to $2 or $3 towards the end of 2010, perhaps 2011, IF and only IF they manage not to get into so much trouble again.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-14-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Guru
    02-14-2009, 12:43 PM #627
    Hey Bill!!

I just woke up. That is a question better directed to the Oracle (Newman). He is the financial guy. I am a chart guy. Newman, are you available??

Thanks

Guru
    02-14-2009, 12:45 PM #628
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    Rick,
    I would say dilution will have some effect on holding the stock back. Hard to say how much though.
    Good point, Doobz!

Guru
    02-14-2009, 12:48 PM #629
    Quote Originally Posted by dave99 View Post
    I still think BK is a possibility until Sirius announces the "bridge loan". There is no validation of the NYP article, and even Bloomberg just quotes the NYP article, so they are just fishing for readers like everyone else. Fox News last night in Denver is still saying BK on Tuesday. I hope the NYP is right. I'm still holding 45602 @ .81. I'll sleep better (probably not good) Tuesday night, but I think there will still be some wild rides ahead of us even if this bridge loan is for real.
    From Denver, Dave? I live in Parker, CO

It Ron Zappolo said it, I would just laugh.....you know what I am talking about lol

Enthusiast
    02-14-2009, 01:16 PM #630
    Great insight guys!!! Siriusowner - I think you nailed it - Perception!! If the market (us) feels like this is going to be a "fabulous" going concern - we are more willing to risk more and drive the pps up - it is howwe percieve the product / stock! Good call mate!!! IF this co is still here after the 17th - i am in for more! (Don't tell the wife lol)
    It will be interesting to see Newman's take on it - I think that we are truely lucky to have such a diverse group here that "newbies" like me can learn from - even tho you guys bicker some times!! lol

Again - thanks for you insight!!