Page 16 of 18 ... 61415161718
    01-17-2009, 02:43 PM #151
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Did you ever think blah blah blah
    When I read your posts, I swear all I hear is "Trust me, I'm a doctor."

Addict
    01-17-2009, 08:50 PM #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    That is not necessarily true. It could be argued that the shareholders could get back even more of a return than the current share price. The shareholders would get in line behind the debt holders. I believe that the company is worth more than it's current market cap - even if it's assets were put on the auction block...
    Again... read the damn balance sheet. To begin with there's the 3 billion outstanding debt...

Addict
    01-17-2009, 08:54 PM #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Siriusowner,

You claim that you were not comparing Circuit City to Sirius in any way with your post and you say that I missed your point...

What was your point in saying that SIRI had to take action fast and then bringing up Circuit City's situation and calling it scary?

I should be scared as a SIRI shareholder because of Circuit City?

What was your point?
    The availability of money. Sirius is not necessarily a poster company to assure they will get refinanced... as a matter of fact Sirius is closer to the other side.

Mentor
    01-18-2009, 03:59 AM #154
    I see some valid points in this thread, but many of them are not being put together.

1) If Sirius files for Bankruptcy, a couple of things could happen:
    a) Sirius reorganizes, cancels the common stock, and shareholders get the shaft.
    b) Sirius reorganizes simply to force banks into extending the terms of their loans
    and renegotiating the convertibles. Shareholders get to keep their shares.
    c) Sirius files and closes its doors. The company goes to the auction block. Depending on how much the company sells for, the shareholders may or may not get a penny. Assuming that the XM spectrum and Sirius spectrum are worth what they value the XM spectrum on the books, there is 3.6 billion right there. (1.8 billion per chunk of spectrum). That pays off all of the debt. Anything over that gets returned to the shareholders. If the company sells for 7.5 billion, then each share of Sirius would be worth about a dollar.

Secondly: Sirius SHOULD be compared to Circuit City. Sure, Circuit City was loosing market share, but it was still a very popular household name. If Circuit City could not find financing, Sirius may not either. The difference, in my opinion, is that I think Sirius can hold on longer. If the economy does not turn around by June, then Sirius may very well go the way of Circuit City. If it does turn around by then, Sirius will be in a good position.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor
    Did you ever think that the proof cannot be revealed until the appropriate time? Do you show your poker-hand to all before betting? You never reveal your evidence before it reaches the court of law. Newman, you ought to know better. There is enough evidence floating around openly now to, perhaps, put some behind bars. I would not want to be in the shoes of Mel, Black or Blalock for all the money in the world.
    You state that there is enough evidence floating around openly now... so why do you not publish that? Or are you speaking of all of the circumstantial evidence?
    You mention not showing a poker hand before betting, but you are blabbering away at how you have specific evidence. You are not just generalizing, you are stating you have specific evidence about conversations via wiretap between Mel and Leon Black. That is like saying you have Pocket Aces, just not showing anyone to prove it. You know what happens then? NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.

I think your problem is that Homer is right. Even if you have all of this evidence, you would have to come by it legally in order for it to be able to be submitted in a court of law. All of this "inside information" you claim to have possession of is quite illegal, regardless of you trading on it or not. Wire taps, emails... I don't think you ahve a shred of evidece. You are just claiming to have pocket aces, and hoping Mel and co. fold their hand preflop because they are scared of you. You don't have aces. You have 7-2 offsuit, and you are playing scared.

Enthusiast
    01-18-2009, 11:48 AM #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I see some valid points in this thread, but many of them are not being put together.

1) If Sirius files for Bankruptcy, a couple of things could happen:
    a) Sirius reorganizes, cancels the common stock, and shareholders get the shaft.
    b) Sirius reorganizes simply to force banks into extending the terms of their loans
    and renegotiating the convertibles. Shareholders get to keep their shares.
    c) Sirius files and closes its doors. The company goes to the auction block. Depending on how much the company sells for, the shareholders may or may not get a penny. Assuming that the XM spectrum and Sirius spectrum are worth what they value the XM spectrum on the books, there is 3.6 billion right there. (1.8 billion per chunk of spectrum). That pays off all of the debt. Anything over that gets returned to the shareholders. If the company sells for 7.5 billion, then each share of Sirius would be worth about a dollar.

Secondly: Sirius SHOULD be compared to Circuit City. Sure, Circuit City was loosing market share, but it was still a very popular household name. If Circuit City could not find financing, Sirius may not either. The difference, in my opinion, is that I think Sirius can hold on longer. If the economy does not turn around by June, then Sirius may very well go the way of Circuit City. If it does turn around by then, Sirius will be in a good position.

You state that there is enough evidence floating around openly now... so why do you not publish that? Or are you speaking of all of the circumstantial evidence?
    You mention not showing a poker hand before betting, but you are blabbering away at how you have specific evidence. You are not just generalizing, you are stating you have specific evidence about conversations via wiretap between Mel and Leon Black. That is like saying you have Pocket Aces, just not showing anyone to prove it. You know what happens then? NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.

I think your problem is that Homer is right. Even if you have all of this evidence, you would have to come by it legally in order for it to be able to be submitted in a court of law. All of this "inside information" you claim to have possession of is quite illegal, regardless of you trading on it or not. Wire taps, emails... I don't think you ahve a shred of evidece. You are just claiming to have pocket aces, and hoping Mel and co. fold their hand preflop because they are scared of you. You don't have aces. You have 7-2 offsuit, and you are playing scared.
    Newman,

I have never said I personally have evidence in my possession. And yes, some of it may be circumstantial, however, you can be convicted on circumstantial evidence in a court of law. When you walk like a duck, talk like a duck, and even look like a duck, it's a duck. If all the pieces fit, the puzzle is complete. In this case all the scattered pieces are starting to paint a clear picture on what has been and is still happening within the walls of SiriusXM.
    Let me ask you this question: Do you really honestly think Hartlieb is making all this stuff up? Don't you think if it were not true, Mel and Co. would have already filed a counter suit? I have lost a very large sum of money so far. Yes it is my fault. There is a difference between losing money on a bad investment and losing money by way of stealing it for personal gains. In this case, all that I have read has convinced me that Mel and Black have attempted to steal the company from shareholders for their own personal gain. That is my opinion. Just like you have your opinion. Whether you want to believe it is up to you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and from the evidence that has been brought out SO FAR I believe this to be true. Can you prove that this is not the case. Do you have any evidence that any of the information that Hartlieb has produced is not true? Can you convince me with any evidence that he is wrong. He has named names, phone numbers, addresses, websites. He has people running scared. Call some of those people and try to get any information out of them. They are crapping in their pants.

Enthusiast
    01-18-2009, 12:00 PM #156

survey ?

reverse split or bankruptcy ?

01-18-2009, 12:01 PM #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    The availability of money. Sirius is not necessarily a poster company to assure they will get refinanced... as a matter of fact Sirius is closer to the other side.
    You are correct. The problem is it's people like you killing the stock. Many people do due diligence and see this and run instead of investing. If you own stock or not bashing only hurts it more. The anaylsis do it enough. So the best thing you could do is if u have stock del them all and laugh at us later. I just have the feeling it could be the other way around. So since u stated your point let it be.

Addict
    01-18-2009, 01:46 PM #158

The problem is it's people like you!

Quote Originally Posted by R-U-Sirius View Post
    You are correct. The problem is it's people like you killing the stock. Many people do due diligence and see this and run instead of investing. If you own stock or not bashing only hurts it more. The anaylsis do it enough. So the best thing you could do is if u have stock del them all and laugh at us later. I just have the feeling it could be the other way around. So since u stated your point let it be.
    I agree with you 100%...Even though it is good to get other opinions to compare or try to make a educational decision...It seems like its the same posters with the same negative opinions that are truely hurting instead of helping.. If they are serious about the stock long term they should be promoting and pointing out the good things of SiriusXm have to offer.. These people MUST have a hidden motive.. Why would anyone prefer AM/FMvs Sirius radio for less then .45 cents a day... Hopefully there will be a announcement on the refinancing soon and will be thanking them for driving the stock so low now and benifit emmensely when it finally Shoots to the STARS!!!
    30,000 long and will still be buying more!!!!

Enthusiast
    01-18-2009, 01:48 PM #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenland View Post
    reverse split or bankruptcy ?
    What a ridiculous question. What makes you think these two scenarios are exclusive? Neither could happen or both could happen.

Mentor
    01-18-2009, 03:00 PM #160
    I have never said I personally have evidence in my possession.
    Have you heard these tapes or actually seen any of the evidence?

however, you can be convicted on circumstantial evidence in a court of law. When you walk like a duck, talk like a duck, and even look like a duck, it's a duck.
    Umm, No. the person bringing the lawsuit has the responsibility of the burden of proof. Circumstantial evidence alone will not convict anyone.

Do you really honestly think Hartlieb is making all this stuff up? Don't you think if it were not true, Mel and Co. would have already filed a counter suit?
    I go back to my original question: Have you actually seen any of the evidence that Hartlieb says that he has? How do you account for the possibility and/or reality that Michael has obtained illegal phone taps or myssteriously obtained copies of emails? Does this part not make YOU suspicious? As far as a countersuit, the company has absolutely nothing to gain by filing a countersuit. As much as this government does for large corperations, the one thing it does not give them is any way of collecting a judgement against an individual citizen. They can countersue Hartlieb and win a judgement for 3.2 billion dollars (would be great, could pay off all debt!), but the government does not give them any guarentee of payment or any actual way of collecting a payment. They cannot garnish wages, seize accounts, or anything. NOTHING. A countersuit would be nothing but a front that would get them nothing but waste money.

Call some of those people and try to get any information out of them.
    This is one of my favorite lines in the post.

Hello, my name is Newman from SiriusBuzz.com. I would like to speak with Leon Black about his illegal activities regarding stealing Sirius XM Radio from the investors in a secret plan to bankrupt the company.

"Mr Black is not here right now..."

It must be true!!

Sorry, but nobody is going to talk to Hartlieb. He has already established himself as... shall we say... ecentric?