Page 10 of 14 ... 89101112 ...
    Guru
    05-18-2009, 09:52 PM #91
    There definately needs to be a 5pm mix. Something to drive home from work to.

I think there should be an 8pm mix also, for the west coast ride home and the east coast primetime.

Im not a big fan of Nina nine.

I haven't heard much of envy, all i know of him is the awful repetition in the morning a few months back, so i don't care for him either, but if he can do a good mix, id reconsider.

05-19-2009, 10:25 PM #92
    I was looking around on dogstarradio.com's playlist search and have noticed these songs have been taking out over the last week, since Leo has been gone. Use to get it in Ohio, Roll the Dice, Maybach Music 2, Mafia Music Remix, I am The Club, My Kitchen, Smile, 3AM. They've been replaced with old brigade songs like Pop Champagne, Dead & Gone, Go Hard, Here I Am, Heartless, Got Money, Whatever you Like, and Lost(remix)

Guru
    05-20-2009, 09:00 AM #93
    swing your rag played this morning and i changed the channel, F#@!

Guru
    05-28-2009, 10:17 PM #94
    I haven't gotten a Brigade email in a while

05-28-2009, 11:43 PM #95
    I just got mine yesterday. They still got old songs like Go Hard, Got Money, and Heartless on there. I've did some digging to a few weeks back on dogstar and have found quite a few songs that were in rotation that are now gone. I even requested a few to Nina 9 over the past couple days to see if she would play any..she hasn't. Here's what i've seen so far missing.

My Kitchen- Gucci Mane
    Maybach Music 2- Rick Ross
    Mafia Music Remix- Rick Ross
    I use to Get it in Ohio- Camron
    I am the Club- Skull Gang
    Yes- Lil Wayne
    Smile- Slim Thug
    Thug- Slim Thug
    3AM- Eminem
    Cant Stop Me- Jadakiss
    Shoulders Move- NORE
    Count My Money- Trick Daddy
    Its my Time- Fabolous
    Throw it in the Bag- Fabolous

These are for the most all hot songs, and they just vanished.
    Last edited by Power Trip; 05-28-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: I forgot already..

Guru
    05-30-2009, 07:44 AM #96
    "I am the Club" rocks.

IMO that i generated yesterday, is that they might be trying to obtain subscribers. I no longer listen to FM so I can't say for sure, but usually the SXM music is about a couple weeks (or more) ahead of FMs rotation. I think they might be trying to slip in a repetivive rotation to "catch" the interests of FM listeners that may be on a demo or in a friends vehicle for only a few minutes. Hence, they are bringing back songs that are old and played out to us...but are new and fresh to FM listeners.

I don't agree with it and personally think they should abandon the high repetition model.

yesterday made me laugh, Envy got a request for the song THUG (i think, and now its even funnier because its on your list) anyway, someone requested THUG and he said "I can't find that one so Ill play...." the one he ended up playing was the high rotation song. WTF, lame.

Is Celo really gone? his show is still listed on my XMP3 but im never able to catch that time.
    Last edited by imromo24; 05-30-2009 at 07:47 AM.

05-30-2009, 11:31 AM #97
    Wow, so they actually just got rid of these songs it looks like, if Envy couldn't find it. I did see them play "Maybach Music 2" yesterday, so maybe they are bringing some of them back. Still, bringing songs like "Got Money" back is just ridicolous, it's been in Sirius rotation since May 2008! We finally got rid of it in like december-january, and now it's back. That song is played out on Sattellite and FM, as many of them are. Celo is gone..friday at 10PM is DJ Bee, again and the Tuesday 12PM slot that he and Bee switched awhile back is a DJ Bee replay, atleast for now.

05-30-2009, 11:59 AM #98
    Romo, I encourage you to e-mail Dion and Hip Hop Nation that list of songs I posted. We can take Maybach Music 2 off the list, they played it once today and twice yesterday so I think it has found it's way back, hopefully we can get all or most of the list back in rotation.

Guru
    06-01-2009, 05:09 PM #99
    More changes coming...DJ Rasta roots Classic Example and Subsoniq are being moved to Backspin. I think he felt like it was a demotion, but I think the show was on the xm old skool channel before the merger anyway.

He said expect the same (or more) of DJ Premier and others...

I'm pissed I didn't know KRS ONE was going to be on live last night! I recorded the tail end and it sounded like the place was on fire! He was performing live. whoop whoop, thats the sound of the police.

06-01-2009, 11:24 PM #100
    Who said to expect more DJ Premier and others? It would be nice to hear Premier's show, because I rarely hear it now. I don't know what exactly happend, but today's rotation was leaps and bounds above what i've seen in some time! Their had to be 20-25 songs played that were not in rotation rarely ever or were taken out for no reason. Some of these songs were We Takin Over Remix, Games Pain, Good Times, Westside Story, Trapstar. Thats just a small example. However, they also played Soulja Boy 'Crank That' and Plies 'Bust it Baby'...those songs dont belong. But overall, the rotation today was better then it's been in a long long long time.

Page 10 of 14 ... 89101112 ...