Head Honcho
    01-05-2009, 11:07 PM #1

Is replaying a censored terrestrial show good for Sirius XM?

I for one think that this new replay format of the Bubba The Love Sponge show is a total waste of money and time. I would much rather hear some new uncensored talent then some watered down version of what was once a very entertaining show.

Not only is Sirius XM setting a horrible precedent and killing one of their best advertising points (totally uncensored radio + Howard's "no more bullshit" tagline) but they are also clogging up a great channel instead of going out and looking for new talent.

Call/Write and let your voice be heard.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-06-2009, 12:43 AM #2
    YES!

Now that I have calmed down, used the restroom (where I do my best thinking) I have realized this is great "NEWS"

How else could you get better FREE ADVERTISING.

Number one rule in advertising Bad publicity is still PUBLICITY. What does brittany do right before releasing her next album? She goes nutso for the tabloids.

Lets say bubba does a double show, or bubba only does sirius. Would he be lighting up the internet blogs about his deal with sirius? Yeah some people might not sign up for sirius but look at the name of this site...SIRIUS BUZZ...what did this just create....SIRIUS BUZZ.

Go get 'em mel.

01-06-2009, 01:17 AM #3
    Bad publicty is good when you can still put out a good product e.g. some actor goes to rehab and then puts out a great movie or some singer go nuts and then puts out a quality album but this publicity is bad because the product took a turn for the worse... that is bad no matter how you cut it.

Based on your analogy would it be good if there were a buzz about how bad an new album was? NO, it would kill sales.

Guru
    01-06-2009, 07:45 AM #4
    Yes, I agree the bad publicity will fend off some subs. But like I think most people will come to realize, long distance travelers and people out of his normal market will be just happy to hear his normal show.

And even more people will say "Sirius? what is that? Satellite radio with commercial free music, uncensored, screw Bubba I never heard of him but this music thing sounds good"

I really think there are a lot of people uninformed about sirius (the other 240 million americans) This will get the conversation going with some of them about satellite radio.

01-06-2009, 04:38 PM #5

publicity...

Hmmm...could this be some kind of management attempt to create a lot of negative buzz, then "cave to the majority's requests" (ie. paying Bubba what he wants) so people get the whole SatRadio is more of a social network like community then a big evil corporation vibe? Hmmmm...is Mel trying to take a page out of Digg's book when it started censoring stuff? Then Bam! announce the refinancing?

Just some random thoughts...

Head Honcho
    01-06-2009, 04:48 PM #6
    The only good thing that could come of this is if there was some big conspiracy to let Bubba go back to terrestrial, build a huge audience, and then do something extreme to get tossed off the air and have him come back to Sirius exclusively. That will never happen, but that would be good publicity.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-14-2009, 04:10 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    The only good thing that could come of this is if there was some big conspiracy to let Bubba go back to terrestrial, build a huge audience, and then do something extreme to get tossed off the air and have him come back to Sirius exclusively. That will never happen, but that would be good publicity.

Howard predicts Bubba will eventually be fired, presumably just in time to bring a few million more subscribers to Sirius by the time Howard's contact is up in 2011.