Page 6 of 14 ... 45678 ...
    Guru
    12-16-2008, 10:57 PM #51
    dont get your hopes up

Addict
    12-17-2008, 11:00 AM #52
    I've been thinking and I do not see how SIRI will break up or down after the meeting. To begin with, the next dilution and the reverse split have already been priced in, so, no break down right ? Also, I highly doubt the CEO will lower expectations, so, no break down either there. What will make it break up ? NOTHING, right now, there's nothing. He may even increase guidance and even with that I doubt it will break up. Announcement about refinancing of the debt ? NOPE. Refinancing of the debt will not bring in positive EPS.

What they have to do is PROVE they are a viable company. They have not done so yet in 5 or 6 years no matter what who ever is out there that is pro SIRI says... Keep in mind I am not saying they are not trying and that if they do PROVE themselves in the next few quarters, the stock will start trending up.

Do not hold your expectations to high for the near term though...

On the other hand, if you are day or swing trading, there are good opportunities to make money with SIRI... 5-8% daily up or down moves are good opportunities to make money, at least is not trading flat.

Addict
    12-17-2008, 11:09 AM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by BuSeeAir View Post
    I originally bought 335,000 @ .1485, it went to .235, foolishly I hung on, thinking more long. I sold it at .16. I re-bought 350,000 at .151, thinking this seemed to be near the bottom. I was obviously wrong. Right now, as long as it trades around .145-.146, I break even when I take into account the taxes I must pay for my profit at .16.

All this being said, I am hopeful that we will hear good news soon and see it push north of .18-.20 again. Today's big Fed news didn't move it much but it seems that SIRI has a lag time before positive news works its way into the price. I just hope that at the .151 I bought I don't lose money, and maybe I stand a chance to even make a few dollars if it shoots up eventually to say high .20's to even the .30's in the next few months. My fear however, is that with credit as tight as it is, the financing may be hard to come by in February. Combine today's Fed moves, not just rate cuts but other action that should help free up credit markets, the White House/Treasury announcing their package, and SOME good news from the meeting and maybe, just maybe we see a little pop. Then again, maybe I am just clutching at straws. Thoughts?
    May ask you what was your strategy when you bought the 335K shares and if it has changed ? Not having a strategy to begin with is foolish, especially when you risk $50K, changing one in the middle of a trade is even worst. If your trade did not realize (in revenue or timing), CLOSE IT, even if it means a loss.

If your intention was to hold it as an investment then you "might be ok???" Who knows... just hold on to your pants for a wild ride.

Enthusiast
    12-17-2008, 11:22 AM #54
    what goes up , must come down , Siri shares , spinnin round and round
    lookin for the ceo mel the clown.

for me , its more like , at what price did i purchase SIRI , i am ashamed to tell you. but , in it to win it, maybe tens from now. and by that time SIRIUSXM will be world-wide , and we as a people will reap the benefits to all that is deserving !

end of transmission .....pshhhhhhhhhhh

Enthusiast
    12-24-2008, 01:02 AM #55

SiriousOwner-Easy there fella.....

Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    May ask you what was your strategy when you bought the 335K shares and if it has changed ? Not having a strategy to begin with is foolish, especially when you risk $50K, changing one in the middle of a trade is even worst. If your trade did not realize (in revenue or timing), CLOSE IT, even if it means a loss.

If your intention was to hold it as an investment then you "might be ok???" Who knows... just hold on to your pants for a wild ride.

Siriusowner- It's been a few weeks since I've chimed in here, as I've been busy with work. However in reading your last few increasingly salty and better-than-thou posts, all I've noticed you do is:

-Rip everyone's "strategy" to pieces.
    -Review (usually negatively) every thread that lacks some exact mathematical equation in regards to their reasons to buy/sell/hold SIRI.
    -Or just use good old fashioned condescending language to most of the good people on this forum.

I guess what I'm trying to say is....TAKE IT EASY ON US TIGER!! So you're an engineer....BIG DEAL! All three of my brothers, my father and grandfather are successful engineers, but I can't say that being an engineer has made any of them Wall Street tycoons and EVERYONE is capable of losing on a well calculated risk or winning on a statistically suicidal long shot.

In regards to this particular stock and current economy-SCREW theorems, mathematical equations and any other logic normally associated with the investment market. SIRI has been a ghastly ride down for quite some time (with seemingly all of the forces of the universe working against it) and it's time will come to rise again.......or we lose it all in BK. No one knows. Not even you sir.

It's that simple fella....things either get better or everyone loses. I'm sure you can provide us all an equation to eloquently illustrate your mathematical prowess and intellectual superiority......but I'm not buying it for now.

I'm just a simple 30 something business executive who graduated college with honors, has held leadership positions with global companies all over the world and I speak a few different languages fluently. On the side....I buy some stocks, like SIRI, with my spare money.

Sorry if my pedigree, education, work experience or reasoning behind my investment decisions don't meet or exceed your lofty intellectual standards, which you seem to hold everyone to who utters a word on this thread. But at the end of the day, rocket scientists or not, we're all a bunch of folks that have lost money on this stock and want to see it go up!

Have a beer, put the slide ruler down for a minute and relax.....we're all on the same ship here.

Cheers,
    Whynot
    -

Addict
    12-24-2008, 12:57 PM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    Siriusowner- It's been a few weeks since I've chimed in here, as I've been busy with work. However in reading your last few increasingly salty and better-than-thou posts, all I've noticed you do is:

-Rip everyone's "strategy" to pieces.
    -Review (usually negatively) every thread that lacks some exact mathematical equation in regards to their reasons to buy/sell/hold SIRI.
    -Or just use good old fashioned condescending language to most of the good people on this forum.

I guess what I'm trying to say is....TAKE IT EASY ON US TIGER!! So you're an engineer....BIG DEAL! All three of my brothers, my father and grandfather are successful engineers, but I can't say that being an engineer has made any of them Wall Street tycoons and EVERYONE is capable of losing on a well calculated risk or winning on a statistically suicidal long shot.

In regards to this particular stock and current economy-SCREW theorems, mathematical equations and any other logic normally associated with the investment market. SIRI has been a ghastly ride down for quite some time (with seemingly all of the forces of the universe working against it) and it's time will come to rise again.......or we lose it all in BK. No one knows. Not even you sir.

It's that simple fella....things either get better or everyone loses. I'm sure you can provide us all an equation to eloquently illustrate your mathematical prowess and intellectual superiority......but I'm not buying it for now.

I'm just a simple 30 something business executive who graduated college with honors, has held leadership positions with global companies all over the world and I speak a few different languages fluently. On the side....I buy some stocks, like SIRI, with my spare money.

Sorry if my pedigree, education, work experience or reasoning behind my investment decisions don't meet or exceed your lofty intellectual standards, which you seem to hold everyone to who utters a word on this thread. But at the end of the day, rocket scientists or not, we're all a bunch of folks that have lost money on this stock and want to see it go up!

Have a beer, put the slide ruler down for a minute and relax.....we're all on the same ship here.

Cheers,
    Whynot
    -

1.- What strategies are you talking about ? I have seen none so far. Buying on a downtrend to average down is not a strategy.
    2.- There's a bear market out there, you have to be negative to make a profit. I am not going to cheer SIRI, no one should.
    3.- You do not have to be an engineer to trade, all you need is basic math and a 10 year old can do it. Now, to be profitable, that is a different story...

Did anyone of your relatives have an MBA ? Engineering gives you the cold straight way of thinking and the math... business administration gives you the tools to take a company apart and rip it to pieces! You said you have some business education, well use the damn tools you learned.

This stock is not different than any other out there. What makes you think is so special ??? Your love for the company ???... well you will get slaugthered out there.

I do not like losing. No one should !!! Everyone seems to like that here !!! Each way I look I see "I'll buy more on the way down", "I'll average down", "it will come back up", etc ... WHAT ??? WHAT ??? WTF !!! If you are in, you are in but if you have cash, keep the damn money in cash !!!!!!!!!! or if you want RISK, invest in a damn good PROFITABLE company.

"First time shame on you, second time... shame on you too ???"

Anyway, it is your money YOU do with it what YOU think is best for YOU, but "strategies" like the ones I've seen here so far are what has America in the brink of BK.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 12-24-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Guru
    12-24-2008, 03:07 PM #57
    "Anyway, it is your money YOU do with it what YOU think is best for YOU, but "strategies" like the ones I've seen here so far are what has America in the brink of BK."

Did i hear thar right? people like us are responsible for this? wow thats funny, if there were more people like us willing to spend money rather than cower in fear, we would probaly be quickly out of this problem. FEAR is why we are in this, the media is why we are in this, the election is why we are in this. Did you know people have more on avg saved up right now then they did last year? they have the money, they just been told by the media that the world is coming to an end, which has made a bad situation worse. yes we do have some serious issues out there, but they could of all been dealt with if only they could of kept american confidence up, but they didnt.

Addict
    12-24-2008, 05:27 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    "Anyway, it is your money YOU do with it what YOU think is best for YOU, but "strategies" like the ones I've seen here so far are what has America in the brink of BK."

Did i hear thar right? people like us are responsible for this? wow thats funny, if there were more people like us willing to spend money rather than cower in fear, we would probaly be quickly out of this problem. FEAR is why we are in this, the media is why we are in this, the election is why we are in this. Did you know people have more on avg saved up right now then they did last year? they have the money, they just been told by the media that the world is coming to an end, which has made a bad situation worse. yes we do have some serious issues out there, but they could of all been dealt with if only they could of kept american confidence up, but they didnt.
    LOL. For cryin' out loud ??? Education is cornerstone... But NO, no one seems to have gotten the message... people kept buyin' homes they could not afford, vehicles that became a 2nd mortgage, kept buying things on CREDIT, whether it was credit cards or a 2nd mortgage...
    What did you expect ??? This thing to go on forever ??? Again, lol...

And no, I did not say investors...Me or you investing or not did not create this mess, period. But hey, you go ahead and do whatever you want to do with your money, after all, it is not mine... yet.

Enthusiast
    12-25-2008, 01:57 AM #59

Again Siriusowner....

Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    1.- What strategies are you talking about ? I have seen none so far. Buying on a downtrend to average down is not a strategy.
    2.- There's a bear market out there, you have to be negative to make a profit. I am not going to cheer SIRI, no one should.
    3.- You do not have to be an engineer to trade, all you need is basic math and a 10 year old can do it. Now, to be profitable, that is a different story...

Did anyone of your relatives have an MBA ? Engineering gives you the cold straight way of thinking and the math... business administration gives you the tools to take a company apart and rip it to pieces! You said you have some business education, well use the damn tools you learned.

This stock is not different than any other out there. What makes you think is so special ??? Your love for the company ???... well you will get slaugthered out there.

I do not like losing. No one should !!! Everyone seems to like that here !!! Each way I look I see "I'll buy more on the way down", "I'll average down", "it will come back up", etc ... WHAT ??? WHAT ??? WTF !!! If you are in, you are in but if you have cash, keep the damn money in cash !!!!!!!!!! or if you want RISK, invest in a damn good PROFITABLE company.

"First time shame on you, second time... shame on you too ???"

Anyway, it is your money YOU do with it what YOU think is best for YOU, but "strategies" like the ones I've seen here so far are what has America in the brink of BK.
    Siriusowner-I do in fact have an MBA and I use it everyday, thank you very much. But MBA's, much like engineers, don't always become Gordon Gecko's.......

To your second point, I don't "love the company". I don't "love" any company, not even the one that sends me the paychecks that I receive every other week. I like the promise of Satellite Radio and think that this SATRAD provider has unlimited and unrealized potential, which barring an unlikely BK, should turn us all a healthy profit in the next 3-5 years.

I suppose if you want to "shame me" accurately....then shame me well over 30,000 times at an average of .56 per share and you can keep shaming me until I'm either satisfied as an investor or SIRI goes toes up into BK.

For an engineer....you're unusually opinionated, egotistical, contrary and verbose. Are you sure you're not a politician? I might even vote for you if I knew the rest of your platform??!!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night,
    -Whynot

Guru
    12-25-2008, 02:51 AM #60
    merry christmas, but im done arguing with siriusowner over stuff, so from now on im blocking him out, completely blocked!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 14 ... 45678 ...