Page 6 of 15 ... 45678 ...
    Addict
    11-17-2008, 06:53 PM #51
    Thanks for your explanation and advice not to add to my position. I have 11,100 and wanted to add another 3,900 but now will wait. My avg now is .97and with addt'l shares can avg down to about .77

Enthusiast
    11-17-2008, 07:03 PM #52

Get Level II

This is the best deal for level II that I know of. The link for it is at the bottom.
    Even if it isn't something that you need or wouldn't use it is very interesting to watch if only for a month.

Level II - A window into the liquidity of NASDAQ stocks
    Level II shows you the best bid and ask prices for each NASDAQ Market Participant. With Level II you get insight into what is happening behind the real-time quote. Color-coded price tiers and dynamic Depth Chart help you visually understand the market.

Quickly spot imbalances on the Bid or Ask side
    Identify market participants offering the lowest bid-ask spread
    Track Market Makers and ECNs to see who the major players are and if they are buying or selling
    ScottradeELITE offers Level II for FREE with 10 commissionable trades per month. Otherwise, it is just $10 per month.

http://www.scottrade.com/scottradeel...q_level_II.asp
    Last edited by J56D; 11-17-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Mentor
    11-17-2008, 07:14 PM #53
    The problem with Level II is that there is so much deception going on. They will pull their bid and asks before they ever get filled. Level II is not to be trusted...

Addict
    11-17-2008, 07:29 PM #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    The problem with Level II is that there is so much deception going on. They will pull their bid and asks before they ever get filled. Level II is not to be trusted...
    Demian - There is no one to be trusted in Wall Street, not even your investment advisor (Fidelity ? Charles Schwab ? ... mmmh) ! You and I as small investors have the short end of the stick ! The only thing we can do is mitigate the disadvantage. NASDAQ level II quotes will not eliminate the risk but mitigate it by showing you what is going on... and yes, it can be manipulated, although that is illegal (manipulating the data to get a benefit is illegal, creating it from day to day legal transactions is not).

PS: I am not recommending anything though. Please take my comments at your own risk.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 11-17-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Mentor
    11-17-2008, 07:38 PM #55
    After Hours Trade Reporting

After Hours
    Last: $ .24
    After Hours
    High: $ .2486
    After Hours
    Volume: 1,143,686
    After Hours
    Low: $ .23

Enthusiast
    11-17-2008, 07:55 PM #56
    WELL WELL WELL.. THOSE DAMN SNEAKY BEARS TRIED A BEAR ON US TWICE TODAY!! IT WAS VERY + THAT WE HELD UP AND CAME BACK AT 2:30 AND AFTER HR WE ARE .24.. JUST STAY STRONG THE BEARS, ARE WANTING TO TIP THIS STOCK OVER THE .22 REAL BAD (IT WOULD PUSH US DOWN TO .15 QUICK)..

I AS A FULL TIME TRADER HAPPENED TO BE PEAKING AT LEVEL 2 .. WHAT HAPPEND WAS THERE WAS A HEAVY HIT ON THE BID AND IT SAT THERE BEING REFRESHED TAKING OUT ORDERS AND DROVE US DOWN TO .23. THE COWARDS WERE TRADING ON THE ARCA WITH 10 MILLION SHARES STAYING THERE TILL IT BROKE

WERE THE F#CK IS THE UPTICK RULE.. THIS COULD BE ONE OF THE MOST MANIPULATED STOCKS I HAVE SEEN.. SAD WHEN SIRIUS XM IS A GOOD IDEA AND GREAT STORY!!

WAR // NO GM BAILOUT, STEELERS POUNDING BENGLES AND THE BUCKEYES SPANKING MICHIGAN

Mentor
    11-17-2008, 08:03 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Demian - There is no one to be trusted in Wall Street, not even your investment advisor (Fidelity ? Charles Schwab ? ... mmmh) ! You and I as small investors have the short end of the stick ! The only thing we can do is mitigate the disadvantage. NASDAQ level II quotes will not eliminate the risk but mitigate it by showing you what is going on... and yes, it can be manipulated, although that is illegal (manipulating the data to get a benefit is illegal, creating it from day to day legal transactions is not).

PS: I am not recommending anything though. Please take my comments at your own risk.
    I understand what you are saying, but I have found Level II to be almost worthless with all of the fake Bid and Asks. The only bid and asks I pay attention to are the ones that actually go through and get filled - and I have a hard time trusting those...

Addict
    11-17-2008, 08:13 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but I have found Level II to be almost worthless with all of the fake Bid and Asks. The only bid and asks I pay attention to are the ones that actually go through and get filled - and I have a hard time trusting those...
    Wise decision. I do use NASDAQ level II to see the market depth when I trade (which is not often these days). It helps me see if there are more sellers or buyers.

11-17-2008, 10:49 PM #59

Trust Level II?

In the trendline you should trust and nothing else ... 13-day, 50-day and 200-day, and what do they tell you?

I would add that you can't bank on intraday moves, or on chart patterns, or on fundamentals when it comes to SIRI's behavior. The stock is just whacked--totally manipulated to its current level. But you can trust good old trendlines. Unfortunately you can also lament the negative divergence between them and the stock price. The trend itself also sucks like the black hole that theorists believe will be caused by the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) in France.

BTW, regarding getting Scottrade's L-II, it comes with Scottrade Elite, which requires a $25K account balance--unless you ask nicely....

Long SIRI.

Mentor
    11-18-2008, 08:56 AM #60
    Who can trade that early? First pre-market trade at .30 a share?

Pre-Market Trade Reporting

Pre-Market
    Last: $ .23
    Pre-Market
    High: $ .30
    Pre-Market
    Volume: 200
    Pre-Market
    Low: $ .23

Pre-Market
    Time (ET) Pre-Market
    Price Pre-Market