Sirius Satellite Radio already heralded for their in depth NFL coverage, is taking football to an entirely new level thanks to Martha Stewart with Taste of The NFL. The charitable event is held annually on the night before the Super Bowl, and pairs team chefs with present and past NFL players to prepare dishes. Since 1992, the event has raised more than $6.8 million for hunger related charities. This year, the event will gain new exposure as the NFL teams with Martha Stewart Living Radio to broadcast a new team and recipe each Monday and Friday between now and the Super Bowl. The series will culminate with a live broadcast of Taste of the NFL on February 2nd.
- Chefs and Teams participating in the unique series include:
- Chef Susan Gross of West Town Tavern, Chicago, IL; Chicago Bears
- Chef Kent Rathbun of Abacus, Dallas, TX; Dallas Cowboys
- Chef Allen Susser of Chef Allen’s, Miami, FL; Miami Dolphins
- Chef Paul O’Connell of Chez Henri, Boston, MA; New England Patriots
- Chef Stephen Lewandowski of Tribeca Grill, New York, NY; New York Giants
- Chef Jack McDavid of Jack’s Firehouse, Philadelphia, PA; Philadelphia Eagles
- Chef Shin Tsujimura of NOBU, New York, NY; New York Jets
Listeners can participate by calling 866-675-6675 and talking turkey about the food, the teams, or even the players. So join in, participate, help tackle hunger, and help raise dollars for the hunger related charities.
Position – Long Sirius