It is that time of year. The time when some consumers seek out the latest and greatest models while others seek out the best bargain on the remainder of last years inventory. Car dealers LOVE September because it means foot traffic in the dealerships, and an opportunity to meet the needs of consumers via the new model or a discount on the old. It is also a great month for the used car markets as the influx of deals increases.
This year I anticipate a strong September because of lower inventories. The deal seekers will have to act faster than normal, and in some cases will wind up "splurging" for a newer model because of some fantastic financing that September 2011 has on tap.
Here are the deals...
- GM - Up to $5,000 cash back and 0% financing on many 2010 models. Up to $1,500 on some 2011 models.
- BMW- 0.9% to 3.9% financing for up to 36 months. Up to $4,500 cash back on some models. Hidden dealer incentives of up to $12,500.
- Chrysler - Cash rebates up to $4,000 on most models. 0% financing up to 72 months. Hidden dealer incentives of up to $5,000.
- Ford - 0% financing on most models. Rebates as high as $5,000 on some 2010 models.
- Honda - 0.9% to 2.9% financing on some models. Hidden dealer incentives of up to $2,500 on some 2010 models
- Toyota - 0% to 3.9% financing on most models, rebates as high as $2,000 depending on region. Hidden dealer incentives up to $4,000 on some models.
- Nissan - 0 - 4.9% financing on some 2010 models. Up to $5,000 rebates on some models.
- Hyundai - Up to $2,500 cash rebate on some 2010 models. 0.9% - 4.9% financing on 2010 models.
- Mercedes Benz -1.9% financing for up to 36 months on some models.
As you can see there is plenty of 0% to go around, and those without the 0% may wind up being compelled to add it or suffer in a very competitive September. The caliber of deals this month should ensure that Sirius XM sees a great benefit due to numbers that will certainly be around that 1 million that investors want to see. As the month progresses SiriusBuzz will keep you up to date on the auto sector.
Position - Long Sirius XM Radio