Squeezebox and Last.FM are touting the benefits of scrobbling. For those of you who might not know, scrobbling is when your music device or service learns what music you like, and develops playlists that are more suited to your tastes. The more you scrobble, the more you will enjoy the service.
Last.fm helps you discover music and connects you with your favorite music. The service uses your unique taste to find new music, people, and concerts you'll like. Based on your personal music profile, Last.fm generates:
- Customized radio stations of music you'll like
- New music to discover
- Concert listings in your area
- Personal top charts, and much more...
Scrobbling on your Squeezebox is easy, and just another reason that I have highly recommended the Logitech Squeezebox Duet. All you need to do is:
- From the SqueezeCenter Home screen go to Settings and select: Advanced > Last.fm. On Squeezebox Network go to Accounts > Music Services and select the Last.fm tab.
- Once you've scrobbled some music, visit your Last.fm dashboard for new music and concert recommendations, charts, musical neighbors and more.
- Tune in on your Squeezebox: Go to Music Services > Last.fm to find your personalized radio stations.