07-08-2013, 10:55 PM #1

Inconsistent reception in the car ... Need help

Hi all,

In 2009 install Sirius in my 2006 Lexus LS430 (with Navigation) in very respectable car stereo shop and it worked great but for the past several months the reception had been very inconsistent, sometimes it works for weeks no problem sometimes the display says "LOADING" and the only way to get the sat radio work is to stop the engine and start it again (sometimes I have to do it several times to get it work).

However, for the last few days the display in my NAV has been saying "Tuner ERROR" ... ?!?!

Regardless, FM and AM always work. Does anybody have this problem?
    Is vehicle tuner (its SCC1) in the car dead?

Please, let me know if you know.

Thank you,

IL

Head Honcho
    07-09-2013, 01:10 AM #2
    Sounds like the tuner is dying or the cables are lose. Have you tried unplugging the power and sat cable and reseating them?

BTW, where do you live? Is your car black? Im curious if this heat wave may have affected something.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-09-2013, 07:13 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Sounds like the tuner is dying or the cables are lose. Have you tried unplugging the power and sat cable and reseating them?

BTW, where do you live? Is your car black? Im curious if this heat wave may have affected something.

SiriusBuzz,

Thank you for your reply, although my car is not black I noticed that the heat effects the radio reception : its more problematic when it's very hot.

My Lexus is silver and I live in Washington DC area.

IL

Head Honcho
    07-09-2013, 03:49 PM #4
    Do you have easy access to the SCC1? If so, I would try plugging and unplugging the wires. If you're still having a problem, I would try replacing the unit (warranty?).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder