Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    Mentor
    11-24-2009, 05:48 PM #31
    srk, john.

i have a breakeven of .88 on my shares. i am very confident in the next few weeks i will be green, so my cost is not an issue like it was back in march. if we r/s next year i am not worried about staying green , i am worried about my profits being limited.

i have to disagree with both of you that the company is in good shape, but yes we are in MUCH better shape than previous quarters and we are improving. and so is our stock price. look at the charts SRK , we are not stuck in the mud. we've been climbing nicely since february. we cant go up like a straight line but this staircase climb is the best thing. rally, consolidate a little, rally again. build new bases and support levels for the stock price then move higher.

by the time the extension deadline arrives , i firmly believe we will be trading over a dollar for 10 days so that will nullify that topic. the questions are will you still want a r/s to reduce the float and are 2 Q's of profits enough to keep away the shorts and hold the longs?

Mentor
    11-24-2009, 05:55 PM #32

Charles!!

is there any way you can increase the size of the images i post without having me upload to a separate server? i cant even post charts that people can read. sirius daily.jpg

Guru
    11-24-2009, 06:16 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    srk, john.

i have a breakeven of .88 on my shares. i am very confident in the next few weeks i will be green, so my cost is not an issue like it was back in march. if we r/s next year i am not worried about staying green , i am worried about my profits being limited.

i have to disagree with both of you that the company is in good shape, but yes we are in MUCH better shape than previous quarters and we are improving. and so is our stock price. look at the charts SRK , we are not stuck in the mud. we've been climbing nicely since february. we cant go up like a straight line but this staircase climb is the best thing. rally, consolidate a little, rally again. build new bases and support levels for the stock price then move higher.

by the time the extension deadline arrives , i firmly believe we will be trading over a dollar for 10 days so that will nullify that topic. the questions are will you still want a r/s to reduce the float and are 2 Q's of profits enough to keep away the shorts and hold the longs?

The question is are they worth at least 3.5 billion or not if so then it does not matter ether way if they do a reverse split or not. If they are under valued then I doubt it would be a smart move to short it just becuse of a RS that makes absolute no sense with the metrics being what they are and improving like they have been. My god the problem for any that short the stock at that point is that they have to hope that some bad shit happens otherwise with even better improving metrics they are going to lose.

Mentor
    11-24-2009, 06:16 PM #34
    black hammer close on the trendline tomorrow or friday we're off to the races (.94 is my target)

Mentor
    11-24-2009, 06:33 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    The question is are they worth at least 3.5 billion or not if so then it does not matter ether way if they do a reverse split or not. If they are under valued then I doubt it would be a smart move to short it just becuse of a RS that makes absolute no sense with the metrics being what they are and improving like they have been. My god the problem for any that short the stock at that point is that they have to hope that some bad shit happens otherwise with even better improving metrics they are going to lose.
    well, i wish i could post charts here.... it doesnt matter what the company is worth . when people are swinging this stock (just like any other) it will be shorted. my opinion which is backed by years and a countless number of companies that r/s ,is shorts will pile on. im not saying theyre gonna drive us to the ground again, im just saying theyre gonna try.

11-24-2009, 07:26 PM #36
    John, Bass

Why do we keep saying shorts will or will not push the price down after RS?
    What about regular investors like us? How many of them will or will not panic sell? With people like us holding 70%+ of the common, we dont need any shorts if we panic ourselves.

Mentor
    11-24-2009, 08:21 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping2rise View Post
    John, Bass

Why do we keep saying shorts will or will not push the price down after RS?
    What about regular investors like us? How many of them will or will not panic sell? With people like us holding 70%+ of the common, we dont need any shorts if we panic ourselves.
    SRK's intent is to calm current stockholders down regarding your concern (at least on this site). while i applaud his effort, truth is this site may own a couple of million shares tops. and sb is a tightknit community and i consider everyone a friend here so i will post my honest,unbiased, high probability based opinion. i think the panic sells will happen along with shorting. now im not telling everyone to sell, i dont even know what im gonna do myself (i posted earlier ill cross that bridge when i get there). it all depends on the current price, my cost basis , and my short/long term capital gains situation.
    i've weathered the bk threat which is obviously worse than a r/s threat, so im not scared of hanging in. im just letting people know the r/s is not a good thing for stockholders for the near future.

siriusxm will have to do a r/s eventually. unless they buy back shares. debt covenants disallow that right now so dont get your hopes up. factor in liberty preferred and this companys O/S is really a joke. IMO , they can wait for a better economy, a leaner business model, a better credit situation and a higher stock price. we need to build a strong base, dont forget it was just 9 months ago that we almost lost everything!!!!

p.s. a higher stock price(with current share structure) will help in paying off alot of debt with equity. we can remove as much debt as possible, then r/s , then liberty CAN convert(if they so decide). this IMO is the most optimal route in building a leaner, profitable and successful company. but what do i know, im just a poker player.

Mentor
    11-24-2009, 08:29 PM #38
    btw. a sidenote- liberty may never even convert. why would they when they have all rights of a common shareholder with the bonus of not getting dilluted?

john am i correct in this assuming there is no deadline or no possibility of losing NOL rights if they dont convert? if this is the case, i'll consider the preferred shares will stay that way (although common A/S will have to have enough available shares for conversion).
    Last edited by bassmaster; 11-24-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    11-25-2009, 02:01 AM #39

John Malone & David Faber Full Interview

11-25-2009, 08:02 AM #40
    Good Morning Everyone,

A blessed and Happy Thanksgiving to all at Sirius Buzz.

Sometimes it is easy for me to lose sight of all I am
    grateful for.

One being all my friends here, how much I enjoy learning,
    as well as the fun. This is a great place, that is a wonderful
    part of my life.

Thank you guys.

Julie

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345