Page 7 of 18 ... 5678917 ...
    Mentor
    10-20-2009, 09:57 PM #61
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    OCNF a scam? I sure wouldn't think so. I have owned it so many times and made money every time. As a matter of fact, I tried buying some in the last 20 minutes of the trading session today at 1.12, but didn't get it filled. Maybe tomorrow it will cooperate.

OCNF is a dry shipper. "Boats" are great stocks, at least I have always believed that.

Bounce back above $2.00? Why not....? I haven't been following the internal workings of OCNF for quite a while, but I am going to look into it. If I find anything negative or positive, I will post it. I'll have to check the DBI also.

I guess that I really didn't offer too much information here...but I will look into it.

My take is to be a little careful - a lot of boats scored big today on high volume and are approaching breakout points. I think on CAT's earnings, and OCNF didn't really move that well. It suggests something may be wrong. Maybe see if it hits a buck first... but if these other's break out of their patterns tomorrow, I'd be more comfortable trading any of them. All my opinion of course.

CAT's earnings breakout...

Mentor
    10-20-2009, 09:58 PM #62
    Indexes - still looking good...

Mentor
    10-20-2009, 10:00 PM #63
    This one worries me a little, but the boats should correlate more with the previous charts.

Here's some examples of other boats doing well... Leader ISH that I keep mentioning has been in a straight channel up.

Mentor
    10-20-2009, 10:00 PM #64
    Others follow, note today's candles, and associated volumes, but also note that a lot of them haven't "broken" out... just poised too.

Mentor
    10-20-2009, 10:01 PM #65

Anyway, with that kind of action on the rest, I'm more weary of OCNF. Just my opinion.

Mentor
    10-20-2009, 10:07 PM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    SIRI is on another roll today. It's 12 days until the quarterly reports which should be very positive.

Anyone with a bit of money might want to sirriusly consider getting onboard while it's still affordable.
    I'm with you there, I was talking to good ol' Ramsey about SIRI last nite, well emailing.

I mentioned before waiting on it breaking that double support/resistance line, would have made for a good head start, that was the first buy area, we had a second today, I think based on AAPL's reporting, SIRI has the same pattern that most tech stocks did last earnings season, including AAPL. I expected a gap up today. But, it closed with a doji, likely cause AAPL closed lower than it opened. I'll calc a pullback later tonight.. hopefully, in the middle of moving. Anyway, longer term, after a another fight around $0.70 resistance, the same target i've been yipping about for a long time is still $1.08, that'll be the next biggie - which I don't see happening in 3 weeks time, but you never know.

Mentor
    10-20-2009, 10:14 PM #67
    I stared at the BDI chart a minute longer, noted resistance at 3000, which is double resistance - price + round number, then looked to see if a fib hit it, and it did - I separated the lines so you can see... so if watching the BDI - look for a turnaround around that area, or choose not to believe TA bullshit, lol.

Mentor
    10-20-2009, 10:15 PM #68
    Anyway, thanks for bringing the stuff up, I'm cutting stocks, and looking for new stuff - looks like ships could be it.

Guru
    10-20-2009, 10:45 PM #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    My take is to be a little careful - a lot of boats scored big today on high volume and are approaching breakout points. I think on CAT's earnings, and OCNF didn't really move that well. It suggests something may be wrong. Maybe see if it hits a buck first... but if these other's break out of their patterns tomorrow, I'd be more comfortable trading any of them. All my opinion of course.
    I think your advice is good. I haven't been following the boats closely for a while, so I think hanging back for a bit and getting the picture (without distortion) is probably the "Bee's Knees". I don't need another Tomato in this soup kitchen.

Thanks, buddy!

Bill

Mentor
    10-20-2009, 10:49 PM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I think your advice is good. I haven't been following the boats closely for a while, so I think hanging back for a bit and getting the picture (without distortion) is probably the "Bee's Knees". I don't need another Tomato in this soup kitchen.

Thanks, buddy!

Bill
    Christ, it's painful looking at my grammar after I post.

WTF does this mean "I think on CAT's earnings, and OCNF didn't really move that well."

This isn't as good as the above, but is making me laugh, " but if these other's break out".

Page 7 of 18 ... 5678917 ...