Mentor
    03-24-2010, 12:00 PM #1

Luxury Brands Boost March Auto Sales

can you say "T-A-K-E R-A-T-E"

Toyota's generous incentive program accomplished its mission with the automaker experiencing a 70% increase in unit sales from February. Additionally, a surge across the board in sales from luxury brands, like BMW (33%), Mercedes Benz (34%), Jaguar (57%), Land Rover (29%), Porsche (32%) and Lexus (28%), seems to indicate a willingness to not just buy, but spend money.

full text w/charts:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...ng-1136121.htm

03-24-2010, 02:49 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    can you say "T-A-K-E R-A-T-E"

Toyota's generous incentive program accomplished its mission with the automaker experiencing a 70% increase in unit sales from February. Additionally, a surge across the board in sales from luxury brands, like BMW (33%), Mercedes Benz (34%), Jaguar (57%), Land Rover (29%), Porsche (32%) and Lexus (28%), seems to indicate a willingness to not just buy, but spend money.

full text w/charts:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...ng-1136121.htm

SRK, Saving me from having to run to the Dictionary, would you please define
    TAKERATE. You will have to excuse my foggy state of mind. Just spent
    five glorious days in Chicago and I am still dreamy.

Julie
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 03-24-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Mentor
    03-24-2010, 04:01 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    SRK, Saving me from having to run to the Dictionary, would you please define
    TAKERATE. You will have to excuse my foggy state of mind. Just spent
    five glorious days in Chicago and I am still dreamy.

Julie
    ok, let me try and break this down for you . . .

Assume that the party-of-the-first-part buys a small bag of warm, cinnamon-coated, cashews and eats approximately 1/3 of the bag before securely stowing the remainder for later consumption.

Then, assume that the party-of-the-second-part locates that securely stowed bag of warm, cinnamon-coated, cashews and consumes the remainder without party-of-the-first-part's consent.

Q: What is the take-rate?
    A: 0.67 or 67% or 2/3's

03-24-2010, 04:30 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    ok, let me try and break this down for you . . .

Assume that the party-of-the-first-part buys a small bag of warm, cinnamon-coated, cashews and eats approximately 1/3 of the bag before securely stowing the remainder for later consumption.

Then, assume that the party-of-the-second-part locates that securely stowed bag of warm, cinnamon-coated, cashews and consumes the remainder without party-of-the-first-part's consent.

Q: What is the take-rate?
    A: 0.67 or 67% or 2/3's

Oh, okay I think I understand now. The party of the second part believes in sharing the wealth, yummy, warm cinnamon coated cashews. The party
    of the first part believes in keeping those warm cinnamon covered cashews all to himself. No sharing for him!!

I believe the party of the second part deserved those cashews!
    Don't you?

Julie