Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Enthusiast
    07-02-2009, 02:00 AM #1

just for Charles

Will this work for you then????

http://www.rosie.com/radiologo.aspx Pretty cool little promotion, and should work to pull in some new subscribers by drawing some attention to the fact she'll be coming up on Sirius XM in the fall.

Last edited by otone; 07-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Enthusiast
    07-02-2009, 02:50 AM #2
    oh... and you might want to check out the iphone store.... app back up a notch to #5

I'm thinking that the Sirius XM app is indeed a "featured app" as well. Why wouldn't Apple feature it? SiriusXM is helping them out, why not return the favor.

Nice foxnews advertising banner for siriusxm as well.

Enthusiast
    07-02-2009, 02:53 AM #3

just curious

You say you want Sirius XM to succeed. Why didn't you plaster as much information regarding the satellite launch on the front news section? Don't say it was because Orbitcast, or that other site already had it. I don't want to go to the other sites. I want to come here!

I'm not trying to be an ass Charles... just want you guys to be the best site out there.

Sound familiar?

Mentor
    07-02-2009, 09:47 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    oh... and you might want to check out the iphone store.... app back up a notch to #5

I'm thinking that the Sirius XM app is indeed a "featured app" as well. Why wouldn't Apple feature it? SiriusXM is helping them out, why not return the favor.

Nice foxnews advertising banner for siriusxm as well.
    Charles is the app download number updater. You had better watch your step. He is like thestreet.com though, only report it when it goes down. LOL
    LOL

Head Honcho
    07-02-2009, 10:37 AM #5
    You say you want Sirius XM to succeed. Why didn't you plaster as much information regarding the satellite launch on the front news section? Don't say it was because Orbitcast, or that other site already had it. I don't want to go to the other sites. I want to come here!

I'm not trying to be an ass Charles... just want you guys to be the best site out there.

Sound familiar?
    This isn't my full time job, I havent posted anything the last few days and very little in the forums. Sometimes, I just dont have the time.

Also, I could not get Sirius XM to comment on what exactly the new satellite meant to the people. Sure, we all know "better coverage" and "higher quality signal" but we will anyone really notice? How much better will it be? If people accross the states start talking about how improved the sound quality and signal is, I will be sure to do a story about it because it is the #1 complaint I have received over the years.

I often travel outside of the city on the weekend and my Sirius reception is often tested so, if there is some kind of improvement when they flick that switch, I should notice.

No offense to Ryan at orbitcast, because I think his website is great but, does his article really tell you anything? Its pretty much a copy of the release and doesn't tell anything to the common man.

The launch itself, which was the only news IMHO, was being talked on the forums and I made a point to post the link to watch it live over twitter.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    07-02-2009, 10:41 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Charles is the app download number updater. You had better watch your step. He is like thestreet.com though, only report it when it goes down. LOL
    LOL
    I find it strange that someone who often trades this stock does not think the total number of app downloads is important. The position Sirius XM holds on that list is directly related to the total number of downloads which is directly related to possible new subscribers. You are insinuating that as an investor this kind of information is not important?

For the record, I have "reported" it going up or down in an article on the site. I have only mentioned it in the daily thread where people who should be concerned are watching.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    07-02-2009, 10:53 AM #7
    You say you want Sirius XM to succeed. Why didn't you plaster as much information regarding the satellite launch on the front news section?
    Quick question (I am honestly asking)...

How would that news being plastered on the main page help this company succeed? Would a rocket ship with a new satellite cause new customers to subscribe in your eyes?

Or do you mean that it would positively help the share price for stockholders? If that is the case, I am not interested. I hope this website never has any affect on the share price, positive or negative. SIRI doesn't need siriusbuzz.com to accurately price its shares. I will leave that up to the out of work plumber, collecting unemployment, who doesn't use his real name over at SW.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    07-02-2009, 11:44 AM #8
    no charles its about being fair and balanced, which at times it doesnt seem u are, its obvious this website's articles dont move the stock. we like to read the articles and get ur and tyler's spin on it,thats it.

Guru
    07-02-2009, 11:54 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I often travel outside of the city on the weekend and my Sirius reception is often tested so, if there is some kind of improvement when they flick that switch, I should notice.
    Im hoping you feel and smell a slight burn on the top of your head from the strength of the new signal! Keep track of that very day they plan to turn it on, I have XM so i won't notice (i suppose)

Enthusiast
    07-02-2009, 12:32 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    no charles its about being fair and balanced, which at times it doesnt seem u are, its obvious this website's articles dont move the stock. we like to read the articles and get ur and tyler's spin on it,thats it.
    exactly trip

Page 1 of 4 123 ...