Page 10 of 11 ... 891011
    Head Honcho
    06-25-2009, 12:32 AM #91
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post

Good day. I had to work and of course the battle of the thermostat
    commenced. I, along with several others was hot. After all it was
    95 outside. And the other half stood shivering. Just because
    we dialed it down to 55. So a lot of pushing and shoving started
    as we all tried to adjust it. It wasn't pretty. Our team won.

Julie
    I was sick of having that same exact battle so I bought a mini desk fan, best $20 I ever spent. http://www.amazon.com/Vornado-FA1-00.../dp/B000E19MQ8
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 12:33 AM #92
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You think they are going to convert 10% of the downloads? That would be an astronomically high conversion rate, I would be more then happy with that as well. When it comes to online free vs paid web apps or online sales in general 0.5% is considered good and 1% is amazing.

I can't speak about iPhone apps specifically, I am just stating what I know about online marketing conversion rates.

Why am I a "wonk?" Because I want the app to hold its high ranking?
    Charles,basically what i was saying is that this is new territory here,we don't have alot of Paid only apps out there to compare it to and if someone takes the time and effort to download it they are probably going to buy it for a while after 7 day trial..now i don't expect it to continue on the top ten list past a few months after howard is on it..or even before it,because the initial downloaders are already SXM subs in my opinion and want the $2.99 feed.

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 12:38 AM #93
    You think they are going to convert 10% of the downloads? That would be an astronomically high conversion rate, I would be more then happy with that as well. When it comes to online free vs paid web apps or online sales in general 0.5% is considered good and 1% is amazing.

I can't speak about iPhone apps specifically, I am just stating what I know about online marketing conversion rates.

Why am I a "wonk?" Because I want the app to hold its high ranking?
    wonk (wngk)
    n. Slang
    1. A student who studies excessively; a grind.
    2. One who studies an issue or a topic thoroughly or excessively: "leading a talkathon of policy wonks in a methodical effort to build consensus for his programs" (Michael Kranish).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 12:43 AM #94
    Charles

Just because it dropped from #2 to #3 doesn't mean downloads have dropped off. Could be that this free game is being downloaded by the 25M ipod touch (8-15 year old) users. Once the game app is a hit...spread like crazy...As long as Siri app remains #1 music app...things are good.

ya...1% new subs would be great for the first 500K...However, I agree with Relmor or who ever it was who said...most downloads in first week will be current subscribers...and I think 25-30% will add 2.99 to existing plan...Overall Not huge dollars...but over time...more exposure to younger crowd...subs will begin to grow again!IMHO

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 12:43 AM #95
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Just read that Rosie O'donnell will be hosting a show on satellite radio.
    I believe she has quite a following.
    Yes lloyd just got a PR sent to me by email about this..this is great news,the women love her and she is controversial,she'll be quoted quite often in the news,especially if she starts up with BAA BAA of the view and Trump..

would love to get RUSH on SXM,then it is a grand slam(BTW personally don't like both)but as an investor would love it..

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-25-2009, 12:53 AM #96

I am sure most of you have seen this, some haven't I would think!

Rosie O'Donnell Launches Exclusive Daily Morning Show on SIRIUS XM Radio

-- --On "Rosie Radio" the beloved entertainer will redefine morning radio --Radio as entertaining and diverse as Rosie herself --Daily call-in show will tackle everything from pop culture to politics, movie stars to stay-at-home moms

NEW YORK, June 25, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced an agreement with Rosie O'Donnell - the Emmy-award winning talk show host, movie star, and stand-up comedienne - to host Rosie Radio, a new daily morning radio show.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/...19/NYTU044LOGO )

Rosie Radio will launch this fall and air Monday through Friday from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ET/7:00 - 9:00 am PT exclusively on SIRIUS XM Stars, SIRIUS channel 102 and XM channel 155. Rosie Radio will be a daily, two-hour talk show on which the multi-talented entertainer will blend her many passions and interests - an eclectic mix of humor, pop culture and serious conversation.

"Rosie O'Donnell is a powerful, dynamic and entertaining voice and now you can only get her on SIRIUS XM," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM Radio. "Rosie's millions of fans will hear her as they never have before, and have the chance to call in and talk to her and her intriguing guests. Rosie Radio will entertain, inform, surprise and delight."'

"This is an exciting new adventure - two hours of talk show entertainment, without having to wear makeup. Perfection," said Rosie O'Donnell. "I can't wait to jump start each day with millions of SIRIUS XM listeners across the country."

Rosie's extraordinary life, interests, and experiences will drive content for the show. On Rosie Radio she will tackle a variety of topics with honesty and humor. The show will have an ensemble feel, and a wide range of guests will stop by to hang out including celebrities, everyday Americans, and other people of note that Rosie wants to have join the conversation.

Rosie Radio joins a compelling and expanding lineup of women's programming and hosts on SIRIUS XM that includes Oprah Radio, Martha Stewart Living Radio, and Barbara Walters.

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 01:17 AM #97
    Johnny

Luck of the Irish...good call on the closing SP. I think that the SP will cont to climb on a percentage basis 3-5% daily, without a slight pullback of .01-.02as investors take some profits off the table.

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 01:20 AM #98
    So, the music apps are all that matters? The fact that the overall downloads pop could be wearing off already doesn't bother you? You dont want them to have as many downloads as possible? I am suprised by this, I would think that you of all people would want that app as high as it possibly could be since it seemed so important the day that it hit #2 on the list. I know it was important to me.
    Of course its important to be as high as possible. But no, Im not worried that apps totals die off from the launch date. It would be normal for any product. There are hundreds of ways to promote the app, and if it starts to fall too far off, im sure they can do these things. Im just saying, that I never NEVER had a minimum number of downloads I would require to be happy. I was open minded and am happy to get simple retention of existing subs from it, along with another $2 to most customers. Everything else from it is gravy. Now, I have hopes for how well it will do. I dont think its unreasonable for them to get 1 million new subs from this in 2-3 years. And at least another 4 or 5 million $2.99 upgrades. Thats just from one app. Other smart phones out there, and we still dont know if adding 20 new channels to the internet line up is drawing more 2.99 fees from that as well. Including the ipod too.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-25-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 01:21 AM #99
    Johnny

Where will RUSH go when Clear Channel declares BK next year or when the shut up the Republicans bill is passed?hahahaha We have a new home for him right here. Agreed, don't like him personally, but as an investor...got to love his millions of listeners.

Could you imagine...Stern and Rush on the same lineup! Priceless

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 01:24 AM #100
    relmor

I currently have a blackberry...will not buy the crap that they have available right now...However, if they come out with the same lineup as the Iphone...will download and subscribe to the $3 feed in a heart beat.

Page 10 of 11 ... 891011