Page 1 of 14 12311 ...
    Guru
    05-03-2009, 11:40 PM #1

SIRI Intraday Updates: Week of 5/3/09

Should be an interesting week, cant freaking wait! With newman gone I dont if any1 will sticky it. Tyler? Charles?

05-03-2009, 11:58 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    Should be an interesting week, cant freaking wait! With newman gone I dont if any1 will sticky it. Tyler? Charles?
    Hi Tripp,
    I guess you are anxious for the week to begin!
    Me too. Should be more exciting than the last couple of weeks.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for good news.
    Julie

05-04-2009, 12:10 AM #3
    While you're in the posting new threads mode, would you please
    start a new Off Topic for the new week? The last post, mine, is still there
    from Friday night. I'm feeling pretty bad, no replies to my request to
    talk. And I do like to talk.

Julie

Head Honcho
    05-04-2009, 12:32 AM #4
    Julie (and everyone) you can all feel free to post daily and weekly threads and I will do my best to stick and unstick them. The reality is, the daily thread is so popular it would sit at the top all day anyway since the most recent reply pushes a thread back to the top of the list.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-04-2009, 01:06 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Julie (and everyone) you can all feel free to post daily and weekly threads and I will do my best to stick and unstick them. The reality is, the daily thread is so popular it would sit at the top all day anyway since the most recent reply pushes a thread back to the top of the list.
    Thanks, Charles. (I have a brother Charlie)
    Awesome place you have here!!
    Julie

05-04-2009, 02:33 AM #6
    I agree that it will be interesting. As A matter of fact, I will state my reason why I believe it will. Since information will be given to the street BEFORE the opening bell, I assume that it will be good news. Or atleast better than expected news. Mel would not come out before trading begins and say, "Hey everyone, we sucked again!!!! Now, pull your money out and let this stock tank more!!!!!!" I am not saying that he can't do that, I am saying that he is not allowed to.

Analogy time..... Mel is like a bachelor. Didn't really keep his house clean (the business), let people run around his house (Ergan) without knowing they were there, bought new toys without having to ask anyone (sats), paid way too much for entertainment (Howard, Martha, Oprah), and screwed alot of people (us). Well, he is married now. His new "mate" (malone) will not allow him to make poor decisions. I believe that telling your share holders that things "suck" in premarket, on a Thursday, wouldn't be smart. I believe Malone is a smart man. So, the smart thing to do is tell people good news before the opening bell.
    The is one more thing. Malone has a good reputation in the business world. He will not, WILL NOT, allow Mel to embarrass him. News will be good IMVHO!!!

05-04-2009, 07:54 AM #7
    I hate to bring the potential of bad news into the picture and I myself am not happy about it either.

Has anyone considered that our wonderful government has rescheduled their HORRIBLE bank "stress test" reports from this morning to THURSDAY?

I know what is in the report and it is bad. They have been "slow leaking" the data to try to reduce the effects on the market from happening at one time.

Thursday the entire mess is being released. SIRI just can not seem to get a break.

I sure do wish they would reschedule our results until Monday before open or something.

Just wanted to point out this important event.
    Last edited by FloridaCaveDiver; 05-04-2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Guru
    05-04-2009, 08:24 AM #8
    should be eventful at least...

Mentor
    05-04-2009, 08:31 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaCaveDiver View Post
    I hate to bring the potential of bad news into the picture and I myself am not happy about it either.

Has anyone considered that our wonderful government has rescheduled their HORRIBLE bank "stress test" reports from this morning to THURSDAY?

I know what is in the report and it is bad. They have been "slow leaking" the data to try to reduce the effects on the market from happening at one time.

Thursday the entire mess is being released. SIRI just can not seem to get a break.

I sure do wish they would reschedule our results until Monday before open or something.

Just wanted to point out this important event.
    Heres a good video. All you need to knwo about what these "stress" tests are going to say.
    http://www.marketskeptics.com/2009/0...s-balance.html

Addict
    05-04-2009, 09:20 AM #10
    Hey...today's thread title has wrong date...today is May 4. no big deal, but in a few days when people look for the thread, it may be confusing.
    thanks,

Page 1 of 14 12311 ...