Page 3 of 5 12345
    Mentor
    03-02-2010, 01:35 AM #21
    Maybe I'll set some price alerts - don't usually use these - but what the heck, I'll post if anything happens (provided I get around to it). I only have space for about 1 more trade in my account unless I liquidate something.

Mentor
    03-02-2010, 09:59 AM #22
    Dr. D,

Curious your take after the debacle of "Who spooked the sheep, eh?" (Sung to the music of 'Who let the dogs out?' with some Canadian Hockey Gold flavor) yesterday with the beloved blue dog ...

From my observation, take out the Wunderkid article and the Lemmings stay off the cliff edge. Complete BS and irresponsible panic ... to think that 'this time it will be different' ... sigh ...

Hey Greg, yeah I am with you here on these shorter adventures as well as the patience mentioned last week with these other laggards. Wish I had loaded up more on CCTC, least amount of shares and likely the best potential out of the bunch.

Mentor
    03-02-2010, 10:18 AM #23
    margin + dave's charts = $$$$$$$$ lol

ty some great picks theres.

03-02-2010, 02:06 PM #24
    Got in on ANX this morning at $.185. I think it's the bottom. Time will tell.
    Hope to be in it for the week, maybe shorter.

03-02-2010, 02:08 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Dr. D,
    Hey Greg, yeah I am with you here on these shorter adventures as well as the patience mentioned last week with these other laggards. Wish I had loaded up more on CCTC, least amount of shares and likely the best potential out of the bunch.
    LT--
    I am with you on CCTC. Within 30 days it should run again.

Mentor
    03-02-2010, 03:17 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Got in on ANX this morning at $.185. I think it's the bottom. Time will tell.
    Hope to be in it for the week, maybe shorter.
    Here's some stats for a dead cat - just keep in mind they are just stats, anything can happen, watching the candles for reversals and also the volume should help.
    http://thepatternsite.com/dcb.html

Also, I did use this new stuff one time on SQNM and did exactly what he said, and got a good entry, then a little while later, the price jumped big time.
    http://thepatternsite.com/DCBSetup.html

Actually, I was on my second ride on this guy last week, the first time it worked out real well. The second time I was in at ~0.32 on the 18th, but sold at just under 0.30 when the support looked weak on the 28th. I about crapped when I saw the drop, since I did that trade in my IRA, and I couldn't remember if my sell had gone thru, lol.

Mentor
    03-02-2010, 03:44 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Dr. D,

Curious your take after the debacle of "Who spooked the sheep, eh?" (Sung to the music of 'Who let the dogs out?' with some Canadian Hockey Gold flavor) yesterday with the beloved blue dog ...

From my observation, take out the Wunderkid article and the Lemmings stay off the cliff edge. Complete BS and irresponsible panic ... to think that 'this time it will be different' ... sigh ...

Regarding SIRI I don't know, but we were sitting in a flag on the top of a channel, that ew count had a questionable 5 on it, and the price had rocketed, and when stocks fail on a pennant or flag, they fail about as wildly as they rocket up out of them, so I wasn't too surprised, though, I posted that I was looking for 0.95 to be a decent mark on the downside, and it pushed right thru that. I guess the articles and the fact that a real profit hadn't been realized, like a 0.01 eps, that folks who expected a real profit just got out.

Anyway, lets look at the charts I posted earlier with the new prices...
    First I see that in my weak elliot wave analysis, we had a fractal - we had 2 sets of 12345 up moves, one was in the large set, one in a smaller one. I'm no elliot wave master, and again say that for individual stocks, this sort of thing is real murky, but a lot of times, you do get these 3 and 5 wave things... and that you don't have to sit there for days trying to create the overall wave structure, but just keep in mind that if you get to 5, there may be some catalyst that pulls you back.

Here's big... note that we have hit the bottom trendline that I drew, and we are getting a bounce on willyR... so with these easy to find channel, it appears some TA traders have gone long to help the price.

Here's the smaller... again, dropping from a pennant or flag is psychologically damaging for people playing it, so the smart ones (that being short term guys) got out real quick. Funny too is today's bounce is on the 0 level of the purple fibs. The purple fibs have $1 as the 50% retractment and were chosen based on the big white previous breakout candle and the pullback after the 3. Currently, the "level 2 mark" that I was worried about being the downside is now the resistance, and we do have some support in 2 sets of fibs at 0.80 and 0.82. The only thing I don't like is if we have a real ABC down, because the floor for that should be lower than 0.82. But again, I don't expect these to be perfect... 1/2 the time, I just think its some pattern that isn't really there, but... it was a pretty violent drop out of a fractal set of them. If I didn't have the 10 bagger lead and a small position, I would have pulled out before the announcement. I almost pulled out 1/2, but my position is small and it wasn't worth it. I considered pulling out after, but with the lead, and maybe better days ahead, it's one less stock I need to "build a position on" and monitor. If it stays in the channel and/or seems to have some support I can identify somewhere, I'll continue to hold and not worry a whole lot about it.

03-02-2010, 03:48 PM #28
    Dr. D--
    Looks like luck/timing/whatever got me in *right where* the pattern site says I should have entered. After researching what caused ANX to bounce like it did....I came to the conclusion that .185 was the place to get in.
    Now, I feel justified after reading that link.
    Thanks.

Mentor
    03-02-2010, 03:56 PM #29
    In the longer term sense... we are just in the quagmire (spelling? - like I care about spelling and grammar on a message board, also that was the name of the dog next door when I was in college) of 2003. Anyway, shares are going to churn here.. first they had to churn to get in there, but there's some historical volume that needs to be taken care of. Interesting is that in about 3 months, that top trendline will be converging near $1.25 - hopefully with the price. That should be about earnings time again.

On the support and resistance chart I made way back in march/april of 09 (need to ask Ramsey when that was, lol, I used to just email these to him) when I jumped into this dog, we see that we have returned to the lower black arrow. Going with the monthly chart, there is a line - a minor one at $1.25, so let's hope for that. Looking at this one though, our old 0.68-0.70 could be the support line for an ABC down, if you believe in the elliot wave rhetoric. That would suck, cause actually, that would be a good place for the more major wave to touch down, so if earnings are historically not that great next quarter, it may be a while before we get back up to the levels that we were previously at, and I'd feel dumb for just not pulling out, taking the short term tax hit, and pumping the shares at that level... but still, though I love to swing trade, when you have a decent lead, and the company has ok followers, I think it's better to swing other things, and let the good stuff ride.

Mentor
    03-02-2010, 04:02 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Dr. D--
    Looks like luck/timing/whatever got me in *right where* the pattern site says I should have entered. After researching what caused ANX to bounce like it did....I came to the conclusion that .185 was the place to get in.
    Now, I feel justified after reading that link.
    Thanks.
    No prob - TA is a lot of hocus pocus, but this guy did the best he could with stats... the folks that look down on TA expect it to work 100% of the time, but as you can see, the guys that use it know it doesn't, it's just a guide, and if you manage your trades well, it can be a pretty good one. Maoxian who is a great pattern trader always says it's the guys that manage well that win. The guy who did the stats has also noted that now that there are believers in TA, that statistically, the patterns aren't working as well as they used too, but they still give you an edge.