View Poll Results: Will the Mayan calendar thingy affect the markets?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 9.09%
  • No

10 90.91%
Page 9 of 10 ... 78910
    Enthusiast
    12-07-2012, 02:41 AM #81
    thanks for the correction, Denco...

12-07-2012, 09:01 AM #82
    new here.
    HB am I right that you guys use a weekly thread rather than a daily as they at the other site?

12-07-2012, 09:47 AM #83
    Good morning all. Brian I was wondering the same thing about the daily thread. Hopefully we fill that gap early this morning and start heading to $3.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    12-07-2012, 10:10 AM #84
    we use a daily forum rather than a weekly forum....maybe if this gains more traction we will change it to a daily...but at the suggestion of the head honcho, we are currently a weekly which weems fitting at this point...
    Quote Originally Posted by brian65PLS View Post
    new here.
    HB am I right that you guys use a weekly thread rather than a daily as they at the other site?

Mentor
    12-07-2012, 10:50 AM #85
    Morning All

Looks like another consolidation day so far. A fill followed by a 2.86 print would be sweet! A close of 2.81 or higher would be even better.

12-07-2012, 11:03 AM #86
    The jobs report was not good!
    How can people think the job report is good when the labor market is shrinking! Last period the nation lost over half a million people in the overall labor pool. I for one am sadden that so many have given up looking for work on a measurable basis. I believe if the economy suddenly turned around all these millions of people who gave up in the past few years will be back looking and unemployment percentage will go up along with the size of the labor pool. Also some of these people are underemployed in the underground cash economy. Do not forget my unemployed friend who works a grand total of 10 hours a week (IRS reported) in what he is trained for at half the hourly wage he use to earn. He is considered employed by the department of labor for the percentage that is reported today. I would argue with that. He also works 15 hours delivering food for cash which his employer doesn't report and nether does he.

Enthusiast
    12-07-2012, 11:22 AM #87
    relevant: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/bu...anted=all&_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by brian65PLS View Post
    The jobs report was not good!
    How can people think the job report is good when the labor market is shrinking! Last period the nation lost over half a million people in the overall labor pool. I for one am sadden that so many have given up looking for work on a measurable basis. I believe if the economy suddenly turned around all these millions of people who gave up in the past few years will be back looking and unemployment percentage will go up along with the size of the labor pool. Also some of these people are underemployed in the underground cash economy. Do not forget my unemployed friend who works a grand total of 10 hours a week (IRS reported) in what he is trained for at half the hourly wage he use to earn. He is considered employed by the department of labor for the percentage that is reported today. I would argue with that. He also works 15 hours delivering food for cash which his employer doesn't report and nether does he.

Enthusiast
    12-07-2012, 11:25 AM #88
    Dang, this is where you all went.

Enthusiast
    12-07-2012, 11:29 AM #89
    lol - which one was first, though? I only got here last night

Quote Originally Posted by waldo29 View Post
    Dang, this is where you all went.

12-07-2012, 12:07 PM #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Wow! What an interesting read.
    My friend was one of those department mangers that was told by a machine how many hours he could give his employees. He was let go because his departments sales repeatedly fell from 2008 to when he was let go in the fall of 2010. His department: Appliance sales to small time builders and the general public at a BigBox Home Improvement store. The sales fell so much across the store that many department mangers were let go. He spent 2 hours with the IL dept of labor in a in-person interview about six months after being let go because of age differences in those the chain had applying for unemployment (which the chain fought in his case) and the young people replacing them. In his case he was offered a position of assistant department manager in another department at weekly pay less than what unemployment would give him. The Chain argued with the Dept of Labor that they shouldn't have to be dinged on Unemployment because they offered him a job. The Dept ruled against the chain because the pay was so much lower. The chain replaced him with a kid fresh out of college who is now gone too. Also the chain prohibits the department managers from calling out to drum up business or any other marketing. The chain felt marketing should be left to the marketing devision and sales within departments should increase every quarter year over year.

Page 9 of 10 ... 78910