Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    Mentor
    02-25-2013, 05:34 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Good news SIRI fans!!

News for 'SIRI' - (*DJ Moody's Upgrades Sirius XM Radio CFR to Ba3 From B1)

(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires (212-416-2800)
    February 25, 2013 16:20 ET (21:20 GMT)
    Copyright (c) 2013 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.- - 04 20 PM EST 02-25-13
    Maybe if were are lucky this can keep them from pulling the rug again tomorrow at least not until a little pop. Maybe Meyer has something on the 1.875 converts to talk about tomorrow, and that is the reason for the upgrade??

Mentor
    02-25-2013, 05:43 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Maybe if were are lucky this can keep them from pulling the rug again tomorrow at least not until a little pop. Maybe Meyer has something on the 1.875 converts to talk about tomorrow, and that is the reason for the upgrade??
    News for 'SIRI' - (*DJ Moody's: Sirius XM Upgrade Reflects View for Continued Growth in Subscriber Base)
    News for 'SIRI' - (*DJ Moody's: Sirius XM CFR Reflects Moderate Leverage)

Addict
    02-25-2013, 05:59 PM #33
    Well, so much for the hope of starting a row of X-es on the SIRI P&F chart. Was that a 3.03 closure, and 3.0 in AH? Man that really sucks, big time.

I guess when we see the Broader market so far down, as in DOW down 216 plus, then it's not likely much of anything else is going to be green. Of the 20 equities on my watchlist I show two with a plus sign, and ironically those are on the OTC where I have sworn off of active trading. I'm so rattled by this sudden wave of uncertainty and instability in the markets that I took extra measures this evening to place trailing stops inder each and every item I own. At least until this Sequester BS gets settled, I personally believe we're going to see several repeats of today............ and I really can't afford to just sit and watch as it happens.

It isn't exciting to sit down on Saturday morning and tally up the week end statistics when it's your cash account or evidence of stocks you should have taken off the board which signal a big retracement in your balance sheet. If I can limit the losses, I'll be happy to settle for a stable weekly cash balance until the market comes back and then be able to go bargain shopping.

Addict
    02-25-2013, 06:10 PM #34
    Have ya'll ever noticed that it always seems SIRI has their PR's at the worst possible time's. What is it 3 more days til the world blows up, again?

2-25-13.png

My crystal ball says if Meyers doesn't give us.....

here comes $2.93

Disclosure: I loaded up the truck last week when we were at these levels, so I guess if it does fill the gap I'll be going for the ride, no worries. Had a little bit of powder left and jumped back in mjna this morning, I'll probably just play around in the greens with any cash left. High times is having a Shin Dig 4-20 in Colorado, ought to make for some good times for some companies. My money's on mjna is gonna be a hit.

We've definately broken my upward trendlines on Siri, and riding the lower BB, so eventually it's got to bounce, the question is when? It's shake and bake time, Imo.

@Spoons,
    The reason for my doubletake on mjna is because there's more than 1 or 2 people that put their blood sweat and tears into this company, so I'm willing to take a chance, especially after hearing the Dixie response to SA, it sounds like they are up to something, they kept mentioning 4-20 in the video, may be nothing, but I'm a gambling man. Tho I may not take as much risk this time, I definately want to keep my toes in the water on the greens.

Peace out peeps, and GL
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-25-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-25-2013, 07:42 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I'm so rattled by this sudden wave of uncertainty and instability in the markets that I took extra measures this evening to place trailing stops inder each and every item I own. At least until this Sequester BS gets settled, I personally believe we're going to see several repeats of today
    Ditto. I put in trailing stops on Friday and stopped out of the majority of my equities today. I think I made the right call and more days like today are coming. I dont think this is just congressional bullshit either, I've thought the market was overpriced for quite some time. We might not see a huge drop in the DOW but a few hundred points is overdue.

The question now is, what to do next. I will likely setup some trailing buys over the course of the next few days and maybe pick up a few deals on stocks I like longterm.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    02-25-2013, 08:02 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Ditto. I put in trailing stops on Friday and stopped out of the majority of my equities today. I think I made the right call and more days like today are coming. I dont think this is just congressional bullshit either, I've thought the market was overpriced for quite some time. We might not see a huge drop in the DOW but a few hundred points is overdue.

The question now is, what to do next. I will likely setup some trailing buys over the course of the next few days and maybe pick up a few deals on stocks I like longterm.
    Trailing Buys? That's new to me, Charles. In my TDA trading account I can do trailing stops by % or monitary values, but I've never seen a trailing buy. Frankly, I'd rather not allow automatic buys in this volatility. I'd much rather try to keep a constant vigil and buy only when I think it is truly not in a yo-yo state. I prefer to read my charts, pick the places where I anticipate the buy is right, and only when it satisfies that criteria, then I'll manually exercise the buy..............Trailing stops make more sense to me, and I'm not sure I'd feel comfy with a trailing buy.

Addict
    02-25-2013, 08:22 PM #37
    Trailing Buys? That's new to me, Charles. In my TDA trading account I can do trailing stops by % or monitary values, but I've never seen a trailing buy. Frankly, I'd rather not allow automatic buys in this volatility. I'd much rather try to keep a constant vigil and buy only when I think it is truly not in a yo-yo state. I prefer to read my charts, pick the places where I anticipate the buy is right, and only when it satisfies that criteria, then I'll manually exercise the buy..............Trailing stops make more sense to me, and I'm not sure I'd feel comfy with a trailing buy.
    Sly, I left out the BB's on my chart, and didn't re-do it, sorry for the laziness, you made me look anyway, It's surely hugging the lower BB. Yeah a trailing buy does seem spooky, and I've never heard of them either, but I guess it would depend on where you would set the trail at. A 50% retrace give or take, would be a good trail buy, imo. I don't even need to get started with congress and the Pres, who's gonna be the hero this time, what a joke.
    Last edited by Redcloud; 02-25-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Mentor
    02-25-2013, 08:43 PM #38
    I can see SIRI having a gap up if we have a nice green oversold bounce market tomorrow, maybe to 3.05/306

or

A gap down with a BIGRED market and we fill that gap and rebound hard.

Either way SIRI and DDD and others are quite oversold and due a bounce even in a downtrending market......if that is what we are in, the much awaited correction.

I got hit late on a buy that I had in at the close at 3.03........so I have made my buy. If I had not been hit I would have bought AH at $3.00 early in AH. Hope to see the gap up of course but if not my next buy will be in the low 2.90s.....

EDIT: But, I will piss out those rentals quick if we bounce hard or don't bounce at all....until the smoke clears...so to speak......
    Last edited by denco1; 02-25-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Mentor
    02-25-2013, 08:45 PM #39
    Here's the link to the Moody's upgrade on SXM!

http://www.moodys.com/research/Moody...ngs--PR_266965

JS

Enthusiast
    02-25-2013, 08:47 PM #40
    he might would be referring to "advanced conditional orders"

example: http://research.scottrade.com/public...aaeb8b73d96052

regarding the BBs - a day under doesn't necessarily mean a complete breakdown. However...

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345